[B18/A17/A16] Stack XXL

Started by indeed, December 26, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SzQ

No, but you can stack apparel with Extended storage but only same types.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

xneariax

Quote from: xDahaka2012x on December 04, 2017, 05:58:24 AM
Is there any way to make medicine stacking settings separate from other raw resources? Or, maybe, put it into meals category?

I was wondering the same thing for Hay (and maybe Kibble). XD

Not a big problem really, but the thought occured to me during my current game where I'm keeping sheep + goats in one barn with pasture and angora rabbits in another seperate one. Due to the large stack size only one barn ever has Hay and I have to use Rice to feed the other one. Just reducing "raw food" stacks in general isn't really an option either, as I'm practically swimming in potatoes and some other stuff (and would like to keep it that way) and they would quickly overwhelm my storage (which is now designed for large stacks, obviously).

Bit of a selfmade problem, I'm aware, as I could have just cramped them all into one barn. It would still be nice to have the option for other "farming" colonies as well though. :)

Harry_Dicks

Not to tell the author how to make the mod, but I think this would be the best solution, if it were possible (or if anyone could ever find the time to do it, that has the ability). If we could somehow just setup what goes into whatever categories we want. Allow the user to add and remove categories as they please, and allow the user to totally customize whatever goes into whatever category that they want. The huge added benefit of this is, no matter what new things a user ever adds to their game via mods, then with this new setup, StackXXL would let the player then customize whatever new resource they've added to the game, and put it into whatever category that they wanted, or hell, even make a new category for whatever new resource they added to the game!

That's one thing that I absolutely appreciate when mod makers do it right. For example, in Cold Desert Nights the author has done this. With that mod, of course, you can customize the weather chances for every weather type for every type of biome. Well, when the mod was made back in A17, I don't think there was a cold bog biome, correct? Well, now in B18 there is, however the mod still picks this up and allows you to customize this new biome type. As far as my non-programmer mind imagines this working is, is the mod will look at the game's "list of biome types" and then create a new entry in the mod options for every biome type the game tells the mod that it has. Then boom, we're now future proofed! The mod author will never have to go in and make a new entry for any new types of biomes that are added. And that is fucking awesome :)

Golden

Please update this for 1.0.  I really miss it.

gillsminnow

+1 for update please, this mod was amazing.

Bones

Here is an unofficial unstable 1.0 fix:

https://github.com/purpleorangegames/RimworldStackXXL/releases

Tested and seems to be working.
Basically just changed isBodyPartOrImplant to isTechHediff and updated $HugsLibChecker.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kis12134

Is there a way to limit the stacks on hoppers?

Sentenza

Quote from: kis12134 on August 16, 2018, 10:48:52 AM
Is there a way to limit the stacks on hoppers?
+1 for this, stockpiles too... I like large stack sizes, but I don't really need 100 meals deteriorating away in my prison.

But I'm pretty convinced that is far outside the scope of this mod.
And to answer your question: No, currently you can only set the stack size globally. And there is no way of limiting individual stacks.

Modraneth

hello,
will we see a B19 release?

rawrfisher

I belive there already is a B19 release
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Flimflamshabam

so exactly how do you get the "b19" version to work, github downloads are always a headache. I seem to have it installed but the functionality isn't there.

Canute

Why is github a headache ? :-)
Allways look first under releases.
And when maybe the master is proper defined and got a newer timestamp download it.
In the case of Stack XXL, download "Version 1.5 for B19".
The master don't contain any useable mod.

Golden

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on September 20, 2018, 12:31:38 PM
so exactly how do you get the "b19" version to work, github downloads are always a headache. I seem to have it installed but the functionality isn't there.
If you are on Steam, the Stack XXL update is right there in the Workshop.  Otherwise, use the above suggestion to find it.  :)

Tenshi~Akari

If all else fails when you try to download from the repository, click on the "releases" link (right in between "branch" and "contributors" and check for the completed download there. That's how I got it for B19.  ;)

viperwasp

Any plans to update for 1.0? Really good mod actually! Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4