[B18/A17/A16] Stack XXL

Started by indeed, December 26, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indeed

Stack XXL

Increase the stack sizes however you wish!
Want 10x, 20x or even 100x? Want to set different stack sizes for meat, meals and resources?
You came to the right place!

Requirement: HugsLib

IMPORTANT: PLEASE RESTRAT YOUR GAME AFTER CHANGING MOD SETTINGS!

- Set stack size multipliers. Want 10x or 100x? you name it!
- Set multiplier specified to each category. For example you can make meat stack to 750 (10x) while making meals stack to 300 (30x), maybe to balance thing out.

Please download this mod in Github Release Page: https://github.com/IndeedPlusPlus/RimworldStackXXL/releases
or use Steam Workshop for automatic mod updates.

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=826366050
Github: https://github.com/IndeedPlusPlus/RimworldStackXXL
FAQ

Q1. Does it work with ... ?
A1. Please let me know should there be any compatibility problem. I tested it with GouRIMet and Vegetable Garden.

Q2. How about the load order?
A2. It does not matter, as far as I know.

Q3. Does it work with old saves?
A3. Yes

Q4. Can I replace Increased Stack, Improved Increased Stack, etc with it?
A4. As long as you set stack sizes no smaller than before. Otherwise your stacks are truncated to their original maximum sizes.

Q5. What will happen if I disable this mod?
A5. Your stacks are truncated to their maximum size.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Lightningy

You are a god. thanks for this mod.

Hassist

THX much butter then the hassle with packing some crates ^^

SteelRev

So I don't see a download option on github. 

Serenity

This looks pretty great. I don't like the super high stack sizes. But 2-4 times at much seems like a nice balance for me.

And being able to set it for different things is really great

SteelRev

Grishnerf

this sounds Genius.
space saving.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

asquirrel

subliminal00

I used it on a saved game and can't find the menu to to make changes. Is it somewhere hidden or should I just make a new game?

Started a new game to check and still can't find the menu.

dodviper

Quote from: subliminal00 on December 27, 2016, 05:22:21 PM
I used it on a saved game and can't find the menu to to make changes. Is it somewhere hidden or should I just make a new game?

Started a new game to check and still can't find the menu.

It's in the game options -> mod settings.

subliminal00

Thank you sir. I feel.. special.

etoire

Pretty great mod, even though it seems simple enough! I've been looking for a way to increase the stack sizes without having to manually go through every object! This was a great mod. If I could suggest something for the future, fumble with the workgiver AI so the pawns will automatically sort items into full stacks? Don't know how possible that is. I ended up with a lot of incomplete stacks.

Deagroth

I really love using this mod, thank you so much for it!  No longer do I require huge stockpiles for anything other than clothing/armor and weapons (which I breakdown or sell).

Quote from: etoire on December 27, 2016, 08:14:28 PM
If I could suggest something for the future, fumble with the workgiver AI so the pawns will automatically sort items into full stacks? Don't know how possible that is. I ended up with a lot of incomplete stacks.
Quote from: Mattx0x on December 27, 2016, 11:24:39 PM
Second that. Pawns too often neglect to fill up a stack to the maximum.

Until other alternatives are available (I have not found any yet), Tammabanana's "[A16] Kitchen Counter and other shelves" on Steam (id: 820841728 for the mod's folder and 294100 for Rimworld's under steamapps/workshop/content/) provides furniture that acts as one or two tile stockpiles.  I found that using both elimiates the problem of incomplete stacks and allows you to designate exactly what will go onto the shelves.  They have a priority of important by default so your pawns will consolidate whatever you want onto that one tile to the item's maximum stack size, unless you have that item going to a stockpile of higher priority of course.  Far easier I think than making individual stockpiles for everything or messing with the AI.
Ignorance is a crime, punishable by enlightenment.

indeed

Quote from: etoire on December 27, 2016, 08:14:28 PM
Pretty great mod, even though it seems simple enough! I've been looking for a way to increase the stack sizes without having to manually go through every object! This was a great mod. If I could suggest something for the future, fumble with the workgiver AI so the pawns will automatically sort items into full stacks? Don't know how possible that is. I ended up with a lot of incomplete stacks.

Quote from: Mattx0x on December 27, 2016, 11:24:39 PM
Second that. Pawns too often neglect to fill up a stack to the maximum.

True, that's quite an old problem. Even with the original stacks of 75 maximum, I got a lot of stacks of only 1 or 2. I think future game release should try to fix that.

One quick solution is making our stockpile smaller and categorized. This encourages filling up stacks due to limited space. As suggested by Deagroth, an extreme case of this is to use a stockpile made up only one or two slots.