[B18/A17/A16] Stack XXL

Started by indeed, December 26, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flimflamshabam

I think there's a minor incompatibility with Fluffy's Stack Merger which gives a new hauler job to tidy up stock piles so you don't have 30 stacks of 2-3 items instead of a couple full stacks, seems to get confused with the larger stacks so they keep dragging the same 75 items back and forth between two stacks. It can be countered by forbidding one of the stacks so they only take from one and add to the forbidden stack.

Euzio

Quote from: Igan on February 14, 2017, 01:15:13 PM
Would be possible to separate the medicine from its category? I often find myself with the same problem as above (only one pawn can acess the stack at a time). Despite having hundreds of medicine, only one doctor per time can do their magic.

Separating the medicine to its own category would be a nice workaround for this, since each category can be controlled.

If we can customise it such that individual item stacks can be altered it would be great. Currently, its set by grouping resources into categories. For example, I wan't Hay to be stackable but not smokeleaf. The current mechanics makes it impossible though since both Hay and Smokeleaf are classed under the same group and we can only alter that.

Flimflamshabam

More multiplier options would be nice, so you don't just have the choice between two added sizes, so if you say want meals to stack to 20 instead of 10 and not up to 100 but have other things you need to keep XL and XXL at x10 and x20 stack size.

faltonico

Some custom categories would be absolutely awesome.

Lethe

Update: Looks like the Others (Single) isn't currently used. Hope this mod adds slag stacking sometime.

That could potentially dramatically increase game's performance. I've read tons of slags everywhere with many stockpiles for them can cause the game to slow down. If they were all stacked, less objects have to be rendered, less stockpiles need for them etc. Plus, so much more free area reclaimed.

Tyolan

Custom new values (XL and XXL) seems to not work for me. I choose XL=4 and XXL=8 but all my stuffs are stacked by 750 (=10). I'm the only one?

Igan

Quote from: Tyolan on March 10, 2017, 05:22:47 AM
Custom new values (XL and XXL) seems to not work for me. I choose XL=4 and XXL=8 but all my stuffs are stacked by 750 (=10). I'm the only one?

Have you reseted the game?

Man_Jones

So if I change the stack size of steel to say 200 will that mean a normal dude will be able to haul 200 steel or will it still be 75?

Canute

When he is strong enough and got enough arms he can carry 200.
Chech the info of you pawn about Carrying capacity.
These pawn got some adv. bionics.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

poruf

Is this getting an A17 update?

faltonico

Forgot to announce you already update it? xD

Emagmo

It is updated on github :D

z1ppeh

Stack XXL, apart from the 'incorrect version' in the log appears to be installed fine and SHOULD be working.  But there is no option in the hugslib mod menu and it does not allow any larger than default stacks. 

Am I doing something wrong somehow?  Playing A17 non-steam.  Have tried the usual reinstalling, double checking everything is fine, mod order blah blah etc etc

Edit:
Nevermind.  I am a idiot.

Edit2:
Note for some other people that have messaged me on how I fixed it... I downloaded the wrong thing in the first place.

https://github.com/IndeedPlusPlus/RimworldStackXXL/releases <-- this is the link you need to use.  And get the latest release.  The github page where you make it into a zip (easiest way to explain it) does not work for some reason.  I presume this is some form of source issue but I don't have a clue about this coding shizzle.

indeed

Please make sure you download the mod and HugsLib from GitHub, load HugsLib before anything else, and most importantly you are using latest version of RimWorld.