[B18/A17/A16] Stack XXL

Started by indeed, December 26, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maculator

Quote from: BirdPrinceCece on September 23, 2017, 06:08:36 PM
Do you mind showing me a picture of what it should look like in the mods? I just unzipped it and moved the folder that was unzipped in to my Rimworld Mods folder.

The archive you get from the link contains 3 Folders (Defs, Asseblies, About) you take those folders, put them in a new folder (call it whatever you like) and put that folder into the mods folder of the game (next to "core", "hugslib" and the rest of your stuff)

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: BirdPrinceCece on September 23, 2017, 06:08:36 PM
QuoteWhen you extract the files from the zip did you put them on the mods folder like this "RimWorldInstallation\Mods\StackXXL\*files here*"?

Do you mind showing me a picture of what it should look like in the mods? I just unzipped it and moved the folder that was unzipped in to my Rimworld Mods folder.

Just download from the link maculator posted:
Quote from: maculator on September 22, 2017, 10:17:46 PM
There are also different versions in each link...
One with chinese, one without and one link is the source. Make sure you get the right one (Version 1.3 for A17)
https://github.com/IndeedPlusPlus/RimworldStackXXL/releases/download/v1.3-A17/StackXXL.zip

Create a folder named "StackXXL" inside the mods folder(where the Core is)

Then put the files from the zip inside the "StackXXL" folder:

Usually when you download mods the creators put the files inside a folder with the mod name where you just extract 1 folder with the mod files(About, Assemblies, etc).

Check http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Installing_mods just in case.

Kalre

This will sound lazy, but has anyone spent time thinking of a "balanced" yet helpfull configuration for this mod ? Like realistic configuration haha. Every single one i came to think of ends up being not balanced rofl

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Kalre on September 27, 2017, 08:23:03 PM
This will sound lazy, but has anyone spent time thinking of a "balanced" yet helpfull configuration for this mod ? Like realistic configuration haha. Every single one i came to think of ends up being not balanced rofl
The question looks like how much stuff should stack into a tile, which can be restated as how much of the map should be dedicated to storage.

People differ on their motivations towards accumulation & collecting, so it seems unlikely to me that one answer would suit everyone. Maybe I want to see an enormous treasure vault on my map, or maybe I want only one large stack of every kind of thing, or maybe I want just enough storage buffer near every consumer of goods to maintain their rate of consumption.

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Canute

Quote from: Kalre on September 27, 2017, 08:23:03 PM
Indeed i did.
The stack capacity should be enhanced by research.
Each research step should increase the multiplier by 1.
For each researchbench 1-2 research step, and at the end repeatable expensive research project.

But since you should restart/reload the game after you changed the multipier this isn't very useable for some player who never read that comment and wonder why their stacks don't get increased.

faltonico

@Canute
Why this should be balanced? this is just a fix to Tynan's lack of care of adding storage solutions.
I don't know how can you truly believe that the 75 per stack of the base game is "balanced" or makes sense even remotely.
*Hey look i can only pile up what i can carry with me!!*...
GREAT!!! /s

Or do you think that annoying the player, and having "space management" (most ridiculous made up phrase ever) is another game mechanic?

Lady Wolf

Quote from: faltonico on September 28, 2017, 03:30:18 AM
Why this should be balanced? this is just a fix to Tynan's lack of care of adding storage solutions.

Or do you think that annoying the player, and having "space management" (most ridiculous made up phrase ever) is another game mechanic?

I just felt I had to chime in here with agreement that the storage limitations are quite frustrating in the vanilla game. We should be able to stack some things (such as hides) far higher than the vanilla amount, heck even meals should stack considerably higher. (in a 5'5 square assuming 8' high stack pallete/shelf with a ladder I could fit well over 150 tv dinner sized "meals", especially if packaged for storage space in mind.) Given the lack of vertical height in the game it seems as if most "stacks" are only able to reach 3' in height, leaving us with stockpiles that take up far too much space to be manageable on larger colonies.

(by vanilla, colonists being too dumb to cook meals in larger batches than a single serving size leads to a bloated freezer full of food too over time given the slow speed colonists cook at, but there's mods to fix that at least, letting you cook 4 or even 8 meals at once.)

So thanks, for making this mod and giving us the freedom to adjust stack sizes to our likes, it makes life so much better, the only small change I could see, would be allowing this to modify chunks as well. (so when mining out a large mountain base we don't have to turn the expanse outside our base into a giant boulder field.)

Canute

The space mangment is a game concept like raids. Isn't it harder to defend when you have alot of orbital tradebeacons around mosttimes not well guarded and raiders will burn then down before they come to you ? And i think was the intention of tynan.

So any storage mod will made the game easyer.
But StackXXL is pretty like a cheat, it extend the storage capacity alot with the cost of nothing.
Even with the research i suggest, it is far the cheapest solution out there.

faltonico

Quote from: Canute on September 28, 2017, 06:51:03 AM
"..." The space mangment is a game concept like raids.
Sry i have to laugh at that statement. That is not the game i want to play.

The game is not easier because of more stacking capacity, it is less annoying.

Debbonair

With this mod, is there some easy way I can set a fractional multiplier to certain things(mainly medicine and meals) so that the maximum stack is reduced instead of increased? It would be a pretty nice stop-gap solution for me until someone responds to my mod request post for a limit slider on shelves.

maculator

Quote from: Debbonair on September 28, 2017, 05:04:04 PM
With this mod, is there some easy way I can set a fractional multiplier to certain things(mainly medicine and meals) so that the maximum stack is reduced instead of increased? It would be a pretty nice stop-gap solution for me until someone responds to my mod request post for a limit slider on shelves.
Well you can set different factors for different categories. You could set the one for food to 1 so it'll stay at 10. But you can only set global settings for categories.

Debbonair

ok, but what I asked if it can be set to fractions. IE setting medicine to .20 to get a stack size of 15 instead of 75.

PictoSyaff

Does anyone know if increasing stack sizes helps with end game lag??

surely having 10 piles of silver rather than 100 must cut down on system resource use?

RequiemFang

Quote from: PictoSyaff on October 21, 2017, 04:33:01 AM
Does anyone know if increasing stack sizes helps with end game lag??

surely having 10 piles of silver rather than 100 must cut down on system resource use?
Hello friend you should really look into this mod over here.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33484.0

and yes it is a good thing to have less stacks of something than more, less the game has to process to render what's on screen means better performance overall.

NemesisN

Suggestion

Add more size options to configure like

L, XL, XXL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL

so we can separate more then just XL and XXL for example I want my recourses to be XXL, I wan't my drugs to be XL, and then I want my meals to be something even smaller but little bigger then default and I have no option for that
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/