[A16] Friendly NPC enters colony hospital bed on his own and is not feedable aft

Started by Kusio, December 26, 2016, 04:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kusio

1. What the circumstances were.

Ad 1. I have dying npc in lying in hospital bed because my citizens are unable to feed him.

2. What happened.

Ad 2. Riders attack me. Carpenter City send reinforments. Afert battle I was no able to ciure them. They go back to home and in way to end of map start fight with Wargs. After it i found one guy in my hospital bed.

3. What you expected to happen.

Ad 3. It would to be nice to cure them, but in this moment one NPC go to bed and he is dying there because nobody bring food to him.

4. Steps we can follow... savegame

Ad 4. NPC Diver is in hospital bed.

5. Log File

Ad 5. A Attach log file, but probably it will not help.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Reve

Are you sure, that you have a colonist assigned to doctoring in "work" tab? Also, does it have high enough priority?
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

Pushover

I may have had this issue, it seems like injured allies do not get food, even though they have 'gets food' checked. I was able to force them to get food by right clicking on them.

14m1337

does the injured npc have some wounds that stop him from being able to eat? maybe a completely damaged stomach or something else
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Kusio

Quote from: Reve on December 26, 2016, 05:10:36 PM
Are you sure, that you have a colonist assigned to doctoring in "work" tab? Also, does it have high enough priority?
I had two citizens as doctors with "1" prioryty.

Quote from: Pushover on December 26, 2016, 05:23:23 PM
I may have had this issue, it seems like injured allies do not get food, even though they have 'gets food' checked. I was able to force them to get food by right clicking on them.
I can  give food by force to my citizens and prisones, but not to ally NPC.

Quote from: 14m1337 on December 27, 2016, 03:09:08 AM
does the injured npc have some wounds that stop him from being able to eat? maybe a completely damaged stomach or something else
This ally don't have damaged stomach.

I can't give him drugs or food. When citizens go to hospital I can change this option. For ally there is no similar option.

14m1337

ah, I guess I'm starting to understand correctly now.

So your patient is neither one of your colonists, nor a raider. Correct ?
Did you rescue him ?

//edit
I kinda solved your problem by making the bed where Diver was lying in into a normal bed. Then I assigned one of your doctors to rescue diver => he was put into one of the other beds. Afterwards I was able to assign the wardens to feed Diver.

A weird bug.

As far as I read your text, you did not rescue the NPC yourself, correct? Maybe this is the source of this bug. Could you perhaps provide a save file, where Diver was not yet in that bed ?
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.

Pushover

In my case, I had this happen after rescuing a downed ally who came to help with an infestation.

Kusio

Quote from: 14m1337 on December 27, 2016, 12:14:38 PM
ah, I guess I'm starting to understand correctly now.

So your patient is neither one of your colonists, nor a raider. Correct ?

Yes.

Did you rescue him ?

Not manually. I just found him in bed. He must go there alone or somebody/something rescue him automatically.

//edit
I kinda solved your problem by making the bed where Diver was lying in into a normal bed. Then I assigned one of your doctors to rescue diver => he was put into one of the other beds. Afterwards I was able to assign the wardens to feed Diver.

A weird bug.

As far as I read your text, you did not rescue the NPC yourself, correct? Maybe this is the source of this bug. Could you perhaps provide a save file, where Diver was not yet in that bed ?

It's really weird behavior of game. Unfortunately I don't have other saves.

Quote from: Pushover on December 27, 2016, 10:04:22 PM
In my case, I had this happen after rescuing a downed ally who came to help with an infestation.

In my case it was also guy who came to my colony to help with defense.

14m1337

so the bug report would be something like

Friendly defenders use the colony's hospital beds on their own and cannot be fed afterwards (treating is possible).
After de-signing the hospital bed into a normal one and afterwards manually rescuing the friendly NPC, he can be fed as intended.

looking for a moderator now, who can hand over this issue to the devs ...

Kusio

14m1337

I already contacted one of the moderators, but it seems it takes some time these days :)
Perhaps you should rename your thread to something like "[A16] Friendly NPC enters colony hospital bed on his own and is not feedable afterwards"
This would be a more exact summary of the problem.

Rock5

This happened to me to. Some allies came to help against some mechs. They didn't do anything until I thought the battle was over and released my colonist. But apparently there was one more that went the long way around my outer defenses. That's when the allies took over and took it down all by themselves. Later I noticed that one of them was in a hospital bed. I couldn't make any of my colonists do anything to help him so I assumed he would slowly heal on his own. But later he died of his wounds. I didn't think to change the bed and then rescue him. I'll do that next time if it happens again.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport