[1.4] Hatti's Modlist, Home of QualityBuilder (Updated 23.10.2022)

Started by Hatti, December 26, 2016, 06:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorebot

I believe I'm having an issue with Quality Surgeon. My best Doctor can't/won't perform any surgeries for me. I'm trying to excise a carcinoma from the foot of one of my colonists, Quality Surgeon is preventing all my other doctors from doing the operation (at least I think it's Quality Surgeon) and says their skill is not high enough when I try to click on the option in the right click menu. But the option doesn't even appear in the right click menu when I have my best doctor selected. I've had to install a few wooden legs and a denture to, the other doctors are able to do those. But again, my best doctor doesn't even have the option in the right click menu.

It's extremely frustrating and I'm not sure what to do about it or if it's safe for me to uninstall the mod to confirm it's really the problem. I'm playing on permadeath mode atm so I can't make backup saves to experiment with :(

SihvMan

Quote from: lorebot on July 02, 2017, 04:05:05 PM
I believe I'm having an issue with Quality Surgeon. My best Doctor can't/won't perform any surgeries for me. I'm trying to excise a carcinoma from the foot of one of my colonists, Quality Surgeon is preventing all my other doctors from doing the operation (at least I think it's Quality Surgeon) and says their skill is not high enough when I try to click on the option in the right click menu. But the option doesn't even appear in the right click menu when I have my best doctor selected. I've had to install a few wooden legs and a denture to, the other doctors are able to do those. But again, my best doctor doesn't even have the option in the right click menu.

It's extremely frustrating and I'm not sure what to do about it or if it's safe for me to uninstall the mod to confirm it's really the problem. I'm playing on permadeath mode atm so I can't make backup saves to experiment with :(

Emphasis mine. The "skill not high enough" isn't from Quality Surgeon. Removing carcinoma requires a surgeon w/ skill level 10. If your highest level doc doesn't have Medicine 10, they can't do the surgery.

lorebot

Quote from: SihvMan on July 03, 2017, 04:37:39 AM
Emphasis mine. The "skill not high enough" isn't from Quality Surgeon. Removing carcinoma requires a surgeon w/ skill level 10. If your highest level doc doesn't have Medicine 10, they can't do the surgery.

Okay, I was not aware of that. I don't recall what skill level my best doctor was at the time, but I should have still seen something on the right click menu shouldn't I? Why did all my other Doctors get the 'Skill not high enough' right click menu option but my best doc didn't?

SihvMan

Quote from: lorebot on July 03, 2017, 10:15:01 AM
Quote from: SihvMan on July 03, 2017, 04:37:39 AM

Okay, I was not aware of that. I don't recall what skill level my best doctor was at the time, but I should have still seen something on the right click menu shouldn't I? Why did all my other Doctors get the 'Skill not high enough' right click menu option but my best doc didn't?

If you aren't getting any option when right clicking, check the med tab of the pawn you want to surgery. Specifically, if you have them set to herbal med only, that can stop some surgeries. For reasons unknown, certain surgeries require non-herbal medicine, but give no UI notice at all. This is a vanilla issue.

Set the medicine to glitter med and see if the option comes up.

lorebot

Quote from: SihvMan on July 04, 2017, 03:26:13 AM

If you aren't getting any option when right clicking, check the med tab of the pawn you want to surgery. Specifically, if you have them set to herbal med only, that can stop some surgeries. For reasons unknown, certain surgeries require non-herbal medicine, but give no UI notice at all. This is a vanilla issue.

Set the medicine to glitter med and see if the option comes up.

I'm certain that's not the issue. I didn't know about the bug, but I always increase the medicine limit to glitter when performing surgery so I can get the best results.

I've started noticing the issue with other skills now too and I'm not sure what's causing it. I have a herd of pygmy muffalo that have been walking around my colony for half a year without being milked or sheared when I have 5 colonists set to Handling 1. When I noticed it I tried to command them to do it manually and the option to prioritize Handling doesn't appear when I right click on the animal with one of my Handling 1 colonists. So now I have no idea which mod is causing it or even if this issue is related to the issue I had with not being able to do surgery...

stigma

Cleaningarea is really nice and works well.

Great being able to seperate areas you should put out fires from where it should be clean. It's nice if your crops don't burn down - but trying to keep the cornfield clean ... literally cleaning dirt ... seems slightly insane.

The mod still has very poor feedback though. I thought for a long time it was broken or conflicting - it always has the red X, and it never shows any indication of what area is currently selected. Basically no user feedback whatsoever. That could definitely be improved.

The ability to select multiple areas would also be nice - but not essential by any means since you can work around it pretty easy by having a zone that marks cleaning and nothing else.

Keep up the good work.
My OCD would kill me if I didn't have qualitybuilder. Can't imagine playing without that now :)

-Stigma

platypus

Does the Quality Surgeon mod allow you to manually order a doctor with lower skill to perform the surgery? I'm no longer able to manually order surgery with pawns other than the top doctor, the operate option simply doesn't show up when right clicking. I would prefer the option to manually order a different doctor to perform so I can train other doctors on the less risky surgeries.

Penitent Engine

Is caravanspot updated/still relevant? I haven't played since A13 but it seems like a mod that I would want if that functionality isn't in game.

Canute

Caravanspot is a A16 mod, the function is integrated in A17.

faltonico

Cleaning Area is working like a charm.
Thanks a lot for it.
Really helps maintaining sanity.

Luckspeare

Quality Builder produces two errors for me:

(1) "OnLevelWasLoaded was found on ModInitializerComponent; This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity. Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed"

(2) "Type ModInitializer probably needs a StaticConstructorOnStartup attribute, because it has a field obj of type GameObject. All assets must be loaded in the main thread."

I suspect these are cautionary and not a big deal, but I thought I would point them out in case it's helpful.

Nightinggale

I have a problem with CleaningArea. I select an animal area and rename it to Cleaning and set cleaning to that area. The colonists then go to clean that area, just as intended. Once there is no more dirt, they should ignore cleaning, but they don't. They figure that there is dirt in the home area, assigns themselves to clean that and moves like max 10%(often way less than that) of the way from the current tile to the next. Then it clears the task and the pawn jumps back to the center of the tile. Here it assigns itself to a new task, which happens to be clearing the dirt once again and this loops. This means the pawns suddenly starts jerking in place and everything starts to lag due to this being CPU heavy.

This happens both to colonists and prisoners in Prison Labor. The latter has another issue, which colonists could also encounter with Locks, which is that the pawn might not be able to reach the entire cleaning area. However it happens with colonists being able to access everything, meaning it's not just a question of access. Still I can't rule out a conflict between mods.

It's an awesome mod and I really like it, but what is happening here is just game breaking.

I tried removing CleaningArea, but that broke the UI. I added it again (in the same location!) and the game could load. I then removed all cleaning duties from all pawns, saved, removed mod and loaded. Now the game works and the prisoners can figure out to not clean if the prison is clean even though other places are dirty. It's no longer CPU heavy, but I'm back to the original issue of colonists cleaning the entire home area, including the grow zones. Removing those from home means they are also removed from fire fighting.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Kori

Quote from: Nightinggale on October 11, 2017, 04:00:56 PM
I have a problem with CleaningArea. I select an animal area and rename it to Cleaning and set cleaning to that area. The colonists then go to clean that area, just as intended. Once there is no more dirt, they should ignore cleaning, but they don't. They figure that there is dirt in the home area, assigns themselves to clean that and moves like max 10%(often way less than that) of the way from the current tile to the next. Then it clears the task and the pawn jumps back to the center of the tile. Here it assigns itself to a new task, which happens to be clearing the dirt once again and this loops. This means the pawns suddenly starts jerking in place and everything starts to lag due to this being CPU heavy.

This happens both to colonists and prisoners in Prison Labor. The latter has another issue, which colonists could also encounter with Locks, which is that the pawn might not be able to reach the entire cleaning area. However it happens with colonists being able to access everything, meaning it's not just a question of access. Still I can't rule out a conflict between mods.

It's an awesome mod and I really like it, but what is happening here is just game breaking.

I tried removing CleaningArea, but that broke the UI. I added it again (in the same location!) and the game could load. I then removed all cleaning duties from all pawns, saved, removed mod and loaded. Now the game works and the prisoners can figure out to not clean if the prison is clean even though other places are dirty. It's no longer CPU heavy, but I'm back to the original issue of colonists cleaning the entire home area, including the grow zones. Removing those from home means they are also removed from fire fighting.

I have the very same problem, it's definitely an incompatibility between Cleaning Area and one of the new features of Prison Labor since 0.8, probably the prison labor area. Before 0.8, both mods were working fine together.

I also tried to temporarily disable Cleaning Area and it broke my UI, so thanks for your solution, I will try that.
I hope both mods will be compatible again soon, I really like the Cleaning Area feature!

Kori

Quote from: platypus on July 28, 2017, 07:05:41 PM
Does the Quality Surgeon mod allow you to manually order a doctor with lower skill to perform the surgery? I'm no longer able to manually order surgery with pawns other than the top doctor, the operate option simply doesn't show up when right clicking. I would prefer the option to manually order a different doctor to perform so I can train other doctors on the less risky surgeries.

+1
The option to manually order a doctor to perform a surgery would be very useful!