[1.4] Hatti's Modlist, Home of QualityBuilder (Updated 23.10.2022)

Started by Hatti, December 26, 2016, 06:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Wow, you are really racking up a bunch of must have mods! Thanks Hatti!!

Hatti

Quote from: Lethe on March 09, 2017, 02:43:46 PM
Either that or just possibly respect the force job option? If the two Quality mods only affected default (unguided) pawn behavior, but still allowed the click 'go do X' forced micromanagement that'd be nice. Dunno if it's doable though.

Thought about it too but atm i dunno if its possible. Will need to take a deeper look into that

Or wait, this might be the better idea. Have your mod's settings to allow the player to set what is determined to be quality skill level. Like, with vanilla bills (pretty sure it's vanilla behavior, maybe). I can say, 'cool anyone with X skill in tailoring please craft me this duster'. Having the equivalent "okay, anyone with medicine over 12 go do that surgery" would be awesome. Or anyone with construction over X is good enough to go build my quality stuff thanks.

This is a very bad idea cause the skill level is absolutly irrelevant for QualitySurgeron. The Surgery success chance is relevant. A level 20 doctor with just one eye and one hand and both have heavy scars will have a VERY bad surgery success chance.

But A17 update will include something nice:)

Sometimes the difference between the skills aren't that much (lv 8 vs lv 9 in construction? Hardly much of a difference, just get it done pawns). Other times the differences in skills can be too dramatic. One guy's is a lv 15 in construction while the next nearest is lv 10? Only the one true highest level pawn is going around getting things finished when the player might be willing to accept a wider skill range.

Something like this will be a new feature for QualityBuilder A17.

faltonico

Hatti

Lethe

Quote from: Hatti on March 10, 2017, 08:33:45 AM

Thought about it too but atm i dunno if its possible. Will need to take a deeper look into that

This is a very bad idea cause the skill level is absolutly irrelevant for QualitySurgeron. The Surgery success chance is relevant. A level 20 doctor with just one eye and one hand and both have heavy scars will have a VERY bad surgery success chance.

But A17 update will include something nice:)

Something like this will be a new feature for QualityBuilder A17.

Oh, yeah, that makes perfect sense. D'oh! [For the surgery skill success being the relevant factor vs skill lv (as no eye + missing hand lv doc is worse than a lower skilled one)]. Guess I'll just go back to hoping a17 core adds a more full fledged bill system for surgeries.

Pichu0102

Issue with QualitySurgeon: Sometimes the best surgeon in your colony does not have doctor priority 1. This leads to a problem where people are waiting for an operation that will never happen unless you change your work priorities.

Hatti

Quote from: Pichu0102 on March 13, 2017, 07:15:54 PM
Issue with QualitySurgeon: Sometimes the best surgeon in your colony does not have doctor priority 1. This leads to a problem where people are waiting for an operation that will never happen unless you change your work priorities.

Thats not a issue in general. Of course you need to set your priorities correctly. The mod wouldn't make sense if a bad surgeron performes the surgery instead.

And as a example without the mod: If all your doctors have a lower priority on their jobs and are always bussy with other things, they wouldn't perform the surgery too which is not a issue of the base game cause you set those priorities.

The next update will consider medicine. As example, if you use glittertech meds which gives 170% potency, a doctor with a base surgery success chance of 60% gets a 102% success chance at the end. So every doc, who reach 100% at minimum will be able to perform the operation too.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

poolday

Hi, first of all thank you and congratulations on this great mods.

I've found a bug on the QualitySurgeon mod when trying to create a new random scenario, there is an item called QualitySurgeonInit that shouldn't be there (screenshot attached).

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Hatti

Some mods are already available for the A17 development branch! have fun

Canute

Do you live in the future ? :-)
Quote(Updated 05.05.2017)
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »

Hatti

Quote from: Canute on May 03, 2017, 03:11:34 AM
Do you live in the future ? :-)
Quote(Updated 05.05.2017)
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »

Nope! A17 is available for steam beta branch

Love

Quality Builder for A17 has a blueprint bug. Whenever you deconstruct a wall, it will immediately create a 'replacement' blueprint and try to rebuild what you just deconstructed.

Hatti

Quote from: Love on May 18, 2017, 12:37:32 AM
Quality Builder for A17 has a blueprint bug. Whenever you deconstruct a wall, it will immediately create a 'replacement' blueprint and try to rebuild what you just deconstructed.

Can you please confirm if its still like this? I cant reproduce it at this time with current build (1543). Do you have any other mods enabled?