[For Modders] Lite Core

Started by zelldot, April 09, 2014, 08:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelldot

I would like to see a stripped down core file called core lite, I would like to make a world from the ground up with a big mod pack, for example an alien planet with no human plants (like potatoes), I started looking into making a striped down core for other modders, and as soon as i removed all the plants, i encounter a problem with placing the grow zone, with a little experimenting i found that i need 1 of 2 things, at least 1 plant to avoid null maybe or you need the potato plant, there is no way i can see around this (using alpha 3 v401).

Now that I have brought up the idea of a lite core with no items, objects, research or other game play contents, allowing modder to build a world from scratch, what do you think about it?

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

guken9922

zelldot

As I have the idea out there would you lot like me to make a striped down core, it will take a while to test each thing individually, and some of things are just hard coded i am sure, like the potatos, or at least the namedef for it, which mean i can still edit the labels but i can not 100% remove, i also have the feeling metal is hard coded to, the map editor is hard coded i know that for sure.

keylocke

Quote from: zelldot on April 11, 2014, 11:25:27 AM
As I have the idea out there would you lot like me to make a striped down core, it will take a while to test each thing individually, and some of things are just hard coded i am sure, like the potatos, or at least the namedef for it, which mean i can still edit the labels but i can not 100% remove, i also have the feeling metal is hard coded to, the map editor is hard coded i know that for sure.

+1. go for it.  ;D