Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• August 20, 2019, 10:10:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How is performance in A17? (Moody v1.1.x)

Great! No noticeable problems
- 27 (52.9%)
Small drop in FPS, but not a big deal
- 12 (23.5%)
One or more views cause a significant performance drop (please leave a post with more info)
- 5 (9.8%)
Performance is too poor to use
- 7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: [1.0] Moody (v2.4.2) A colonist mood dashboard  (Read 92459 times)

GiantSpaceHamster

• Colonist
  • Giant Space Description
    • View Profile
[1.0] Moody (v2.4.2) A colonist mood dashboard
« on: December 26, 2016, 10:52:52 PM »

Jump straight to the download link

Latest Update
v2.4.2 Released January 9, 2019

Latest Changes
  • Fixed issue where <Enter> would close Moody window until game reload

Moody Description
Moody is a floating dashboard that provides information about your colonists' moods at a glance at all times. There are six views available that you can switch between using the icons along the top. You can also switch between colonists, prisoners, and pets.

Moody does not store any information with save games and can be enabled and disabled without affecting existing saves.

The colonist list in each view behaves very much like the colonist bar with respect to selecting colonists. For example:
  • Selected colonists will be highlighted in Moody
  • <Shift> can be used to modify selection groups
  • Right-clicking colonists behaves just like on the colonist bar (takes you to world map location of pawn)
  • Double-clicking will center the view on the pawn

Mood View
The first view shows each colonist's current job, mood, and temperature band. All three columns provide tooltips with more information. All columns are sortable by left-clicking. The mood column can be right-clicked to switch to viewing one of the basic needs (joy, space, beauty, rest, food). Note that when sorting on mood the colonists are sorted by how close they each are to their break thresholds, not by absolute mood value. This does not apply when viewing the other needs.

Unfortunately a lot of different kinds of jobs share the same job definition and I have not yet figured out a good way of differentiating these. This includes a wide range of "making" jobs such as cooking, tailoring, smithing, construction, and I think one or two others. I separated out the cooking tasks I could identify but the rest all share the same icon for now.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Thought View
The thought view shows the total mood adjustment by thought group across all colonists with the ability to expand a thought group (row) to see which colonists have a thought from that group. As an example of a thought group, "Cold" and "Freezing" are two thoughts in the same thought group. You can also switch to a list of all individual thoughts using the context menu by right clicking on the thought group column header.

Temperature View
The temperature view displays more detailed information about the current outside temperature and each colonists' individual temperature bands and current temperature. The current temperature is based on the current map.

Screenshot

Skill View
The skill view isn't really mood related, but once I had the other views in place I felt this information could also be useful. It provides a customizable view of colonist skill values. Passion skills are highlighted orange (interested) and red (passionate). Skills can be added with the "+" in the column header and removed by right clicking on the column. Reordering is only possible currently by removing columns and re-adding them in the order you want.

Screenshot

Job View
The job view simply shows the short description for each colonists' current task. It's mostly there right now because I do not have icons for all task types in the first summary view so if you encounter a "?" icon there you can see more details here. The tooltip in the first view shows this same information however.

Screenshot

Health View
The health view shows health status effects such as injuries and illness. By default, only conditions requiring immediate attention are displayed. This can be changed with the new modes along the top (below the different view tab icons).

Author/Mod Team
GiantSpaceHamster

Download
Current Version: v2.4.2 (January 9, 2019)
Download
Also available on Steam
Steam version is compatible with the latest stable build only.

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Change Log
v2.4.2 [1.0.2096]
January 9, 2019
- Fixed issue where <Enter> would close Moody window until game reload

v2.4.1 [1.0.2059]
October 25, 2018
- Fixed pawns not being added to colonist list if colonist bar is off (again)

v2.4.0 [1.0.2059]
October 17, 2018
- RimWorld 1.0 release compatibility update

v2.3.1u [0.19.1987u] (RimWorld versions reverted from 1.0 to 0.19 during beta)
August 12, 2018
- RimWorld 1.0 beta compatibility update

v2.3.0u [1.0.1951u]
July 1, 2018
- RimWorld Beta 19 compatibility
- RimWorld assembly version compiled for added to Version.txt file

v2.2.2 [B18]
January 2, 2018
- Fixed pawns not being added to colonist list if colonist bar is off

v2.2.1 [B18]
December 25, 2017
- Fixed issue when starting a new game with new lesson saved settings

v2.2.0 [B18]
December 25, 2017
- Fixed severity display value so it truncates instead of rounding
- Lesson popups now remember that you've seen them across disabling/enabling Moody
- Reset lesson seen states in mod options
- Removed default hotkey for hiding Moody due to conflict with base game
- Pawns now group by map and caravan. Can be turned off from the pawn column header context menu or Moody options screen.
- Removed lesson for latest update changelog due to game throwing an unnecessary error

v2.1.0 [B18]
November 18, 2017
- B18 Compatibility

v2.0.1 [A17]
September 17, 2017
- New pawn type mode allows switching between colonists, prisoners, and tamed animals
   - Options available in pawn column header context menu
   - Toggle button available in upper right next to view tabs
   - Hotkey available to toggle pawn type mode
- New Tiny Mode shrinks the view sizes to show more at the cost of readability (see mod options screen)
- New options screen under RimWorld Options -> Mod Settings -> Moody
   - Remember size and position
   - Tiny Mode
   - Tiny Mode Scale
   - Pawn label and picture display
- Hotkey support
   - Minimize
   - Hide
   - Tiny Mode
   - Next Pawn Mode
   - Next View
- Fixed a bug with the outside temperature label on the temperature view
- Fixed a bug where colonists would not be listed at all if the colonist bar is not enabled (again)
- Pawn label and picture display settings moved to options screen
- Reduced screen paddings when clamping to 3px on all sides (was 100px top, 20px other sides)
- Updated lesson text

v1.1.0 [A17]
May 24, 2017
- A17 compatibility
- New health status column in summary view
- New health view
- Hide Moody when screenshot mode is active
- Temperature View: Fixed a bug with the position of the outside temperature indicator line
- Minor update to lesson text for job view
- Fixed benign bug that was displaying an error sometimes when a new colonist joins
- Added caravan label prefix to job view job descriptions for pawns in a caravan
- Fixed a minor bug that could cause multiple tooltips for job view job descriptions in some cases
- Added job icon to summary view for pawns in a caravan
- Temperature data should now be available for pawns in caravans on the world map
- Increased minimum width so all view tabs are always visible
- Added option to display pawn icons in the colonist list (colonist column context menu option)
- Added option to hide pawn label in the colonist list (colonist column context menu)
- Added option to hide pawn profession in the pawn labels (colonist column context menu)

v1.0.2 [A16]
Feb 14, 2017
- Fixed a bug where colonists would not be listed at all if the colonist bar is not enabled

v1.0.1
Feb 11, 2017
- Fixed a rare new bug that can occur when there are no free colonists on a given map (e.g. if all colonists on a map are prisoners)

v1.0.0
Feb 10, 2017
- Added new Thought view. Provides information on thoughts and thought groups and their impact across colonists.
- Added lesson entries for Moody
- Fixed a bug on the skill view where horizontal scrolling could result in misaligned column headers
- Skill view "add skill" column header icon size reduced a bit (plus sign icon)
- Fix for issue where Moody could end up partially or fully off the edge of the screen when using UI scaling or reducing the resolution of the game. Moody will now be clamped to the screen when applying UI scaling or changing resolution.
- Kidnapped colonists no longer remain in the list for a while after being kidnapped
- Fixed default colonist order to remain the same as the colonist bar. Colonists is groups such as caravans and secondary maps will be listed in the same relative location as the colonist bar but the groups are not deliniated or marked in Moody at the moment.
- Fixed an extremely minor memory leak with cached pawns (should have no noticeable effect)
- Refactored integration with RimWorld lifecycle to decouple expensive data calculations from rendering
- Updated a lot of job icons for the summary view. A full list can be found in the changelog.txt file within Moody.

v0.1.4
Jan 12, 2017
- Job descriptions are now capitalized in the Job View
- Added icon for firefighting
- Added icon for lovin and marriage
- Added icon for arrest and capture
- Spectating a marriage now uses the social joy job icon
- Mood/Need column in summary view now supports drugs and custom needs added by mods
- Fixed temperature view rendering artifact in world view
- Temperature view current outside temperature line no longer extends below the bottom colonist row
- Temperature view scale now buffers 10C on either side of the min/max colonist safe temperature values. This ensures the min/max tick marks are never at the very edge of the scale and the "Freezing" zone for each colonist is always visible.

v0.1.3
Jan 10, 2017
- All jobs that use the cooking skill now show the cooking icon in the Summary View. Previously only some cooking jobs were working.
- Jobs that use the Artistic skill now use the Artistic skill icon in the Summary View
- Added currently equipped weapon to Skill View
- Added melee skill to the default columns in the Skill View
- Added the JobDef name to the tooltip for jobs without icons
- Removed temperature icon flicker in Summary View for colonists in caravans on the world map (this is NOT the bug with the Temperature View on the world map)

v0.1.2
Jan 1, 2017
Performance Improvements
- Major performance improvement to mood column and temperature summary column (both are on the summary view)
- Minor performance improvement to temperature view

v0.1.1
Dec 28, 2016
- Job description column (Jobs view) and colonist name column (all views) now truncate the text instead of awkwardly wrapping it and messing up alignment. Added tooltips to these fields to show the full value.
- Rows and columns that are not in the visible scroll area are no longer rendered.

v0.1.0
Dec 26, 2016
- Initial Release
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:22:17 PM by GiantSpaceHamster »

Yautja

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [A16] Moody (v0.1.0) A colonist mood dashboard (First Release!)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 11:33:55 PM »

Hoooooly moly, I will still test it, but by what I've seen... it's simply amazing! Thanks for it!

BlackSmokeDMax

• Planetologist
  • Don't Have To Live Like A...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 11:55:54 PM »

Looks cool, will probably take this for a spin very soon!

joaonunes

• Colonist
  • Demacia!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 02:31:14 AM »

Humm... Reminds me of "Numbers" :P
Looks good, will definitely try it
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

poolday

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 05:14:58 AM »

Hi! great job on the mod! I'm trying it already and I love it
Can you make it part of the menus bar instead of a floating window?

asquirrel

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »

Oh sweet goodness!! Thanks!! :)

MisterVertigo

• Colonist
  • Look into my eyes...
    • View Profile
    • MisterVertigo.NET
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 11:16:15 AM »

This is very interesting! I'll keep my eye on this one. As said above it would be nice if there was a button on the bottom menu so the window could be closed if you wanted, but it still looks extremely useful!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

GiantSpaceHamster

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »

Hi! great job on the mod! I'm trying it already and I love it
Can you make it part of the menus bar instead of a floating window?

I considered that, but one of my intents was to allow the window to be visible at all times. The menu window along the bottom closes whenever you interact with things on the map. I may consider adding a "docking" mechanism later, but for the time being it will be floating only.

If the size or position are an issue you can move it by clicking and dragging pretty much anywhere in the content area or borders, you can resize using the handle in the lower right, and you can minimize it with the angled arrow in the upper right.

If you really want a docked version check out Numbers. It has some similar features and is docked in the menu area.

asquirrel

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »

Great GiantSpaceHamster! Would it be possible to include an icon to see what type of weapon the pawn is holding?  I remember KFbar (something like that) and you could zoom in the hud at the top.  When you did that you see the pawn plus their weapon.  Either way, your mod is an AMAZING piece of work!

GiantSpaceHamster

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 07:15:26 PM »

Great GiantSpaceHamster! Would it be possible to include an icon to see what type of weapon the pawn is holding?  I remember KFbar (something like that) and you could zoom in the hud at the top.  When you did that you see the pawn plus their weapon.  Either way, your mod is an AMAZING piece of work!

Displaying the currently equipped weapon is on the short list for the next major version. I'm not sure which view to put it in at the moment. My current thoughts are to either add it to the skills view or make a new Equipment view.

etoire

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »

I checked out the mod today, and I have to say it's a nice addition. I ran both this and numbers to do comparisons, they both have their merits. It definitely helped keep track of a few of my volatile colonists! Thanks for your hard work.

If I could suggest one thing it's to add a transparency option to the widget. No idea if that's possible, but it'd be cool.

thedudes

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »

Transparency slider or control +1.

GiantSpaceHamster

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 08:52:45 PM »

Transparency is certainly possible, but might require a good amount of fiddling with the color profile to ensure that things are still clear noticeable when partially transparent. When partially transparent, there might also be an expectation that you can select things under the window, which is also possible, but would require me to rethink the UI a bit since there are a number of places that respond to clicking (sorting columns, selecting colonists, switching views, and of course dragging the window around and resizing it).

So not infeasible, just complicated to support well. There is a minimize button to get the window out of the way when needed that will have to suffice for the time being.

I will add it to my list of suggested features to consider though.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:54:38 PM by GiantSpaceHamster »

bawr

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [A16] Moody (v0.1.1) A colonist mood dashboard
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 04:49:22 AM »

This is pretty cool. One very minor issue - could you make it auto-capitalize the first letter of the job names?

(I'd have fixed it for myself already, but alas, no Github link, heh.)

Ubiquitous

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [A16] Moody (v0.1.1) A colonist mood dashboard
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 05:34:25 AM »

Looks like this'll help the micromanagement. Sounds useful I'll give it a spin and see where this mod progresses

Ahh I've hit a bug. Mod worked fine at first and I added some more mods and now:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Caravan Spots+Quality Builder https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28678.0 is causing the issue I just tested. Also the issue is not resolved when the mod is removed. all icons have disappeared but if you click at the correct location the buttons still work. Just the UI is messed up. Restarting the game will fix the broken UI upon removal of the other mid
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:39:34 AM by Ubiquitous »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13