0 (0%)
[deleted]
0 (0%)
[deleted]
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

atlantis145

Hi GiantSpaceHamster,

Moody is on my top 5 "instant install" mods for Rimworld; I have a difficult time playing without it. Today for the first time, I encountered a serious glitch - something seemed to "break" the main overview tab of the Moody UI. When it's toggled, it disables every ingame menu (only the shadow pops up). When I either minimize Moody or change to another tab (such as colonist's equipment), the UI works again.

I did my best to document the problem in this album:
https://imgur.com/a/P6fRMfC

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the mod, and messing about with the settings. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: atlantis145 on May 04, 2018, 01:00:51 PM
Hi GiantSpaceHamster,

Moody is on my top 5 "instant install" mods for Rimworld; I have a difficult time playing without it. Today for the first time, I encountered a serious glitch - something seemed to "break" the main overview tab of the Moody UI. When it's toggled, it disables every ingame menu (only the shadow pops up). When I either minimize Moody or change to another tab (such as colonist's equipment), the UI works again.

I did my best to document the problem in this album:
https://imgur.com/a/P6fRMfC

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the mod, and messing about with the settings. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Hey atlantis145, thanks for bringing it to my attention. It's likely caused by an incompatibility with another mod you have running. When does the problem occur? Is there a specific situation that causes the problem, or does it happen as soon as you get into a game?

There are two things you can do to help track down the cause.

1) Provide me the logs when the problem occurs. If you go into the game options there's an option to enable dev mode. Then when you close out of the options page you should see a row of tiny buttons along the top of the screen. The leftmost one brings up the debug console which should show any errors that occurred. That's the information I need.

2) Verify that the problem does not occur in a game with no other mods enabled. Then try different combinations of the mods enabled with Moody to see which mod the conflict is occurring with. It's entirely possible that the fix may be something I can do in Moody, but it may be something that has to be done in whatever other mod is conflicting with Moody.

atlantis145

Started taking my mods off one by one, luckily a mod I added fairly recently seemed to have caused the issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1357933654&searchtext=

After uninstalling that mod, the game seems to be working just fine!

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: atlantis145 on May 04, 2018, 01:20:29 PM
Started taking my mods off one by one, luckily a mod I added fairly recently seemed to have caused the issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1357933654&searchtext=

After uninstalling that mod, the game seems to be working just fine!

Thanks, this helps, but the logs are still necessary to track down the exact problem.

Bradley_

Reminds me of an old mod Numbers, wich was also about diffrent usefull information easily displayed. But it wasn't just about mood or colonist, you could see your prisoners' skills and click "gets food" and "recruit/execue" from there. You sould realy check it out and borrow some featues, i have it on my a11 install, i guess.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Bradley_ on May 05, 2018, 02:19:14 PM
Reminds me of an old mod Numbers, wich was also about diffrent usefull information easily displayed. But it wasn't just about mood or colonist, you could see your prisoners' skills and click "gets food" and "recruit/execue" from there. You sould realy check it out and borrow some featues, i have it on my a11 install, i guess.

Isn't that still updated within HardcoreSK? I think in the A17 version of HcSK you could take that mod and use elsewhere. Perhaps that is still possible. Not really sure as I haven't played HcSK at all in B18.

GiantSpaceHamster

I don't have the link offhand but there is a working version of numbers somewhere still. I do not intend to replicate that functionality since it is already there.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 05, 2018, 03:31:49 PM
Isn't that still updated within HardcoreSK? I think in the A17 version of HcSK you could take that mod and use elsewhere. Perhaps that is still possible. Not really sure as I haven't played HcSK at all in B18.

Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on May 05, 2018, 05:37:51 PM

I don't have the link offhand but there is a working version of numbers somewhere still. I do not intend to replicate that functionality since it is already there.

I just downloaded the most recent master of HcSK and copied the Numbers mod (seems to be updated version Koisama's) to a fresh game and confirmed that it works without the rest of HcSK.

I also did a bit of searching and clicking and found a github version (also updated version of Koisama's) here: https://github.com/mastertea/kNumbers

Didn't do a comparison to see if they are exactly the same or not, nor did I check to see if the version from the github page is working. I assume it is as that is also on Steam here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1194336198

Glad this discussion brought up the topic and sent me searching for this. It really is a great mod, and I'll be glad to be using it again. It is a great companion to Moody!

GiantSpaceHamster

2.3.0u has been released for those on the 1.0 unstable branch. Forum-only download. Steam will remain compatible with the latest stable release.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, but keep in mind they may not be caused by Moody.

Also linked in first post: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kou7rxets7m3733/Moody-2.3.0u.zip

InstantAli3n

Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on July 01, 2018, 09:07:10 PM
2.3.0u has been released for those on the 1.0 unstable branch. Forum-only download. Steam will remain compatible with the latest stable release.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, but keep in mind they may not be caused by Moody.

Also linked in first post: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kou7rxets7m3733/Moody-2.3.0u.zip

When the game launches moody keeps saying something about knowledge data.  I think something changed several builds ago when this started. Here's my log. Sorry for the low technical effort. Just figured I should let you know.
RimWorld 1.0.1958 rev794
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:49)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Utility\Version\VersionControl.cs:83)
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:82)
Verse.Root:Start() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:38)
Verse.Root_Entry:Start() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Entry.cs:16)

Moody settings loaded
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:49)
Moody.Settings:ExposeData()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Loader\ScribeExtractor.cs:122)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Settings&, Boolean, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:87)
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Settings&, String, Object[]) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\Scribe_Deep.cs:14)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ReadModSettings(String, String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:253)
Verse.Mod:GetSettings() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\Mod.cs:44)
Moody.Moody:.ctor(ModContentPack)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:513)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:528)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:338)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[], Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:268)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:263)
Verse.LoadedModManager:CreateModClasses() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:108)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:39)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:92)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:58)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:455)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)

Knowledge data was missing key Moody. Adding it...
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:59)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Tutor\PlayerKnowledgeDatabase.cs:53)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:.cctor() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Tutor\PlayerKnowledgeDatabase.cs:41)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:283)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:156)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:58)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:455)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_SummaryView. Adding it...
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:59)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Tutor\PlayerKnowledgeDatabase.cs:53)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:.cctor() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Tutor\PlayerKnowledgeDatabase.cs:41)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:283)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:156)

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_ThoughtView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_TemperatureView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_SkillView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_JobView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_HealthView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_SummaryView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_ThoughtView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_TemperatureView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_SkillView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_JobView. Adding it...

Knowledge data was missing key Moody_HealthView. Adding it...

Key binding conflict: MainTab_Factions and NextPawnMode are both bound to F9.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.KeyPrefsData:ErrorCheckOn(KeyBindingDef, BindingSlot) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefsData.cs:156)
Verse.KeyPrefsData:ErrorCheck() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefsData.cs:142)
Verse.KeyPrefs:Init() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\KeyBindings\KeyPrefs.cs:61)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:241)

BlackSmokeDMax

I *think* you only get those warnings at new builds. Likely due to Rimworld resetting all the config files. Including the one with all the custom "learning helper" files.

InstantAli3n

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 08, 2018, 07:27:39 AM
I *think* you only get those warnings at new builds. Likely due to Rimworld resetting all the config files. Including the one with all the custom "learning helper" files.
Yes this happens for new builds only. When it starts up after everything is reset there's a lot of this in the logs:
Could not resolve cross-reference to RimWorld.ConceptDef named Moody (wanter=knowledge)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:TryResolveDef(String, FailMode, Object) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlCrossRefLoader.cs:255)
Verse.WantedRefForDictionary`2:TryResolve(FailMode) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlCrossRefLoader.cs:141)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlCrossRefLoader.cs:270)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:ItemFromXmlFile(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlLoader.cs:88)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Tutor\PlayerKnowledgeDatabase.cs:46)

(That's just one section of it).

Then after reenabling mods there's this which is what I posted earlier. (Again this is just one section).

Here's a visual:

I don't know if it's worth fixing or even possible without changing a bunch of stuff. Technically nothing is broken so...

[attachment deleted due to age]

GiantSpaceHamster

Those errors will appear whenever Moody is enabled (not just when a new build is loaded up). Unfortunately it's the base game tossing up those warnings whenever new lesson data is added, which I use to provide the in-game tips for the various Moody tabs. I cannot prevent those warnings without overloading base game code which is possible but hacky and puts the mod at risk of interfering with other mod behavior.

Lesgalapagos

Hi,

When I load your excellent Moody Mod on the tab "Summary", Y have this message in the debug log

Exception filling window for Moody.MoodyWindow: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'RimWorld.JobDefOf.PrisonerFriendlyChat' not found.
  at Moody.Table.Columns.JobSummaryColumn.CellRenderer (Rect contentRegion, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.Table.Cell`1[Verse.Pawn].Draw (Rect cellRegion, Moody.Table.Row row) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.Table.Table.DrawCell (Moody.Table.Cell cell, Rect cellRegion, Moody.Table.Row row) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.Table.Table.DrawRow (Moody.Table.Row row, Rect rowRegion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.Table.Table.Draw (Rect contentRegion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.Views.SummaryView.Draw (Rect contentRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.Views.MoodyView.DrawDashboard (Rect region) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.MoodyWindow.DoWindowContents (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Moody.MoodyWindow+<>c__DisplayClass79_0.<WindowOnGuiBase>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:68)
Moody.<>c__DisplayClass79_0:<WindowOnGuiBase>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1817)

(Filename: C:/Dev/RimWorld/Assets/Scripts/Verse/Utility/Debug/Log/Log.cs Line: 68)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/GUIClip.cpp Line: 490)

On the game screen, in the popin Moody I have only the first name of the first colon.

Edit
It seem that the property PrisonerFriendlyChat disapaire in the lasted update. Same problem with the mod WorkTab from Fluffy.