Babette the Industrious Psychopath

Started by Visitor000, December 27, 2016, 01:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor000

Storytime. Once upon a time, a Farmer by the time of Strapping decided to join our base if they protected him from raiders. The three colonists decided that, if he helped, he can join. So, they killed the raiders (Brutally if the psychopath Babette had her way), and he helped. As they continued to build their base, more people joined. That was when the problems started.

Now, I have a problem where I sometimes forget to check my colonist's stats/health/etc., and I happened to not check the health tab for Strapping who, by the way, was an alcoholic AND a drug addict. As you could probably tell, he got quite... annoyed by our lack of drugs and alcohol. Quite a few times he would mental break and go walk-about, and I was getting quite annoyed with this little upstart.

His last mental break, however, was the last straw. He decided to attack one of the colonists. So, after he was subdued, I had Babette drag his unconscious body to the soon-to-be-hospital. Now, I hadn't played Rimworld for a while, so there were quite a few things that I had forgotten, including Euthanization.

Que Babette with her sandstone shiv stabbing so much that it ends up destroying his left leg and a few other appendages. Soon he dies and they all continue living, not questioning the fact that one of the colonists straight up murdered another (Probably because she is the best shot and not too bad with a shiv). At one point, I decided to check out how my little psychopath was feeling. It was then that I found out that she had a rivalry with Strapping and was quite pleased with his death.

This was one of the notable occurrences of how scary this character is. Another, was when they were dealing with sarcophagi. Using a colonist by the name of BW as bait, we opened five of the sarcophagus, awakening one dead guy, two unconscious guys, a man with a healthy self-preservation factor and a raging lunatic. Only after brutally murdering the lunatic, was it revealed that it was the lover of one of the unconscious guys who had joined our little group for saving him. He died later... totally not because Babette is also one of the doctors who looked after him during an injury.

But that's not the only problem. Everyone thinks she is their friend, but in reality, she doesn't care about them, some she even hates because of the 'hard worker vs lazy' thing. Everyone but her could die, and she wouldn't bat an eye, only thinking 'Damn, now who's going to cook and grow food?' But if she died, everyone would go mental.
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.