[MOD] (Alpha 3) Galactic Meat Trader

Started by zelldot, April 10, 2014, 10:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelldot

!! This mod is now out of date !!
This is the newer version: "Galactic Trader"

Are you looking forward to alpha 3? I know we are at the mod pack team!

Start your alpha 3 experience with the abilities to trade meat!!!

I could not wait any longer to post this mod up knowing that alpha 3 is literally just around the corner.

This mod pack adds 1 new research, 1 new building, 4 new resource items, more items in the trading window, and few new types of trading ships with the ability to make profitable trades.

Each crate stores 10 pieces of meat, and can be packed and unpacked only at the players command. The trading crates also store food in a way that makes it uneatable to local animal or people without being unpacked first.

To download (Classic/Out of date): Click Here
To download (Galactic Trader): Click Here

Since version Alpha 3 - 409, some of the resources were removed which are causing problem with many mod in the community.

To download (Resource Fix): Click Here

If you can not use this mod because you are still on alpha 2, why don't you take a look at our website which contains a load of mods for alpha 2 from the community.

I will be looking to add a bit more to this mod, the core function of this originally was to make meat available for trade, but after playing with my own mod I can see few more things I could add and tweak.

Any comments, questions or suggestions feel free to leave a message.

Demonlord091

The site you have set up for us to download this just tried to infect my PC with something that got blocked by Malwarebytes.
The Pop-up ads that make it past Firefox and the adblockers certainly don't help.

Can't really say I approve so I'll skip this mod until it makes it to the Nexus or something.

Enjoy.

exbeer

ididdent have eny problems. downloded fine for me, press the downlode here link, and just press past whatever, my adblock works with firefox, my virus program is one of the better and it diddent say enything about anything so eather you have somthing that blocks opp poppups in general i dont know , but workt fine for me :)   no virus

zelldot

I use chrome with no popup blocker, that site media fire is fine, you have something installed on you computer causing you popups, just look at you extension of what ever browser you are using, and disable/uninstall any thing you do not want, and also have a look at "Add/Remove Programs" for xp and before or "Programs And Features" after xp in "Control Panel" and look for anything that sounds internet adverty or search bar related. A little word of advice for the future, if you install stuff from the internet, take your time with the install process, this is where they get you with these extra programs sometimes, do not just click "Next" really quickly, read what you are installing.

There is not a problem with the files or the site I have posted up on. Many people use it, and its free to use by anyone, for uploading and downloading. Hope my advice helps you out in future.

Psyckosama

would you be interested in alternate art created in a manner to better fit the look of the game?

Edit: To hell with it. Here you go. Enjoy.

Added a little more detail to the packing bench

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

jamieg

Quote from: Psyckosama on April 13, 2014, 04:25:35 AM
would you be interested in alternate art created in a manner to better fit the look of the game?

These look sick!! you should definitely redesign my more edibles mod I really am still training with the whole pixel drawing thing ;)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Psyckosama

Quote from: jamieg on April 13, 2014, 07:02:31 AM
Quote from: Psyckosama on April 13, 2014, 04:25:35 AM

This isn't pixal drawing. It's mostly using vector art or simply using the basic tools of gimp like the gradients and the basic brushes. There are no fancy filters, just the basics anyone with a working knowledge of basic image editing could do with a competent image suite.
These look sick!! you should definitely redesign my more edibles mod I really am still training with the whole pixel drawing thing ;)

zelldot

I do a bit of vector art myself, but i'm more of a pixel artist, if you would like to see some of my game artwork of another side project of mine, checkout http://xeoshift.blogspot.com