How can i update without send owl link

Started by yawningrover, December 26, 2016, 10:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yawningrover

So a few moths ago during alpha 14 I downloaded the game but deleted the send owl link thinking the downloads would come automatically . I can only use the DRM free download because I have poor internet and cant use steam. do I have buy rimworld again to get the update.

Bozobub

Quote from: dave356515 on December 26, 2016, 10:10:18 PM
So a few moths ago during alpha 14 I downloaded the game but deleted the send owl link thinking the downloads would come automatically . I can only use the DRM free download because I have poor internet and cant use steam. do I have buy rimworld again to get the update.
Why not just PM Tynan with the info you used to buy the game?

I'm also curious how Steam is too much of a stress on your internet, and SendOwl isn't o.o' .
Thanks, belgord!

yawningrover

I honestly don't know. just that steam says I don't have good connection. send owl just had me copy it I think. I live in Alaska so the Wi-Fi just is terrible and I do not have access to Ethernet.

yawningrover

I honestly cant wait long. if I buy it again on send owl will it be alpha 16. because I will be traveling in a day or so and 20 dollars isn't going to be a big deal over waiting cause I need it to play on my laptop while and I prefer alpha 16 over 14.

Thyme

With every release, Tynan will send out an email with your download link (the link doesn't change). This hasn't happened yet I think (I need to finish my A15 colony first), but as Bozo said, write Tynan a mail and ask him to resend your link.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

BlackSmokeDMax

Stormfox

Dave, you should have gotten an updated sendowl link via your registered email shortly after rimworld updated to the new alpha. It usually takes a day or two for everyone to get their links, as far as I gathered, but by now, you should have it.

Perhaps you registered your game with an email you have not checked recently?