Raid size appropriate for multiple colonies?

Started by Headshotkill, December 27, 2016, 12:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshotkill

I haven't had the time to test this lately but it should be quiet easy to find out if you've got some spare time.

Basicly for example:
You've got 2 colonies, your main base and a small mining outpost that periodically sends ore to the main base for expansion. Your main base contains a lot more wealth than the smaller mining outpost, does this mean raids against the main base are bigger than the raids against the small mining outpost?

Is the wealth of the two seperate colonies even calculated or is wealth added up to a total wealth?
Other factors to think about are the amount of colonists on each side and the total amount.

MikeLemmer

I suspect it takes the total wealth of both colonies as a factor, but also the individual populations of each colonies. At the very least, for my 3-pop secondary colony, the raids seem extremely small.

bills6693

I did exactly this (main and a second, tiny 2 person mining colony). Soon hit by tribal raid, and it was only 3 tribals. Compared to my significant wealth main base which was under mechanoid attack etc. So seemed to me like it was just based on that colony wealth but don't know, maybe that was just due to 2 residents.

Wanderer_joins

It seems to be based on A15, only considering colonies as independant (you can see the weatlh of each colony in the history tab)

bills6693

Well, it needs to be balanced somehow. If it looked at your faction wealth, then each colony would be overrun since some of your defenses (colonists, wealth spent on turrets etc) are elsewhere. On the other hand, only looking at the individual settlement means they're a cakewalk - very low wealth because there's very little food, no silver, basically no buildings, only 2/3 colonists, no production facilities at all, no electricity. Basically nothing there - apart from 2/3 well skilled colonists with good weapons who murder incoming tiny raids.

On the other hand I guess they don't attack with much because of that low wealth - there's not really anything there to steal. They don't seem to raid (in my experience) when there's nobody there either, but maybe that's just been my luck.

skullywag

Its all based on the individual map. Everything.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?