[1.3] Rah's Vanilla Turrets Expansion v2.3 (Sept 6th, 2021)

Started by Rah, August 24, 2021, 06:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

Rah's Vanilla Turrets Expansion [Rimworld 1.3 / Royalty / Ideology DLC]

A small vanilla friendly mod that adds 9 unique turret variations, ready to defend your colony from merciless raids and attacks. Raids in Rimworld 1.3 have become quite difficult to deal with due to increased breaching and sapper tools/tactics. This mod tackles that problem head on with strong new turrets for the mid and late game.

RVTE is a direct rebalance project and 'successor' to the old classic 'More Vanilla Turrets' mod. This version has been rebalanced to make the gameplay experience more in tune with the vanilla game. Major changes include build materials and rearming costs, more realistic rearming materials, tweaking of stats, an all new powerful armor-piercing cannon for difficult mech raids, and more.

Main features:

- Features 8 turrets and 1 special mortar weapon. Some turrets have both automatic and manned versions, giving a total turret number of 14.
- Significant rebalancing of material and rearming costs for better gameplay value. Players can no longer spam turrets with endless ammo, thus making the game more challenging and fun.
- No more 5 steel to rearm a powerful sniper turret, or infinite ammo super mortars.
- Turrets are strong and capable, but they need to be managed wisely due to vanilla-like rearming costs.
- Charge cannon added with v2.1. High precision, and deadly armor piercing turret. Expensive to build and maintain. (New RVTE turret !)
- Many of the standard gun turrets take approx 100 steel to rearm, or more.
- Rocket complex takes high-explosive shells; 5 for 10 rockets.
- Precision turret accuracy fixed. It's now a lethal sniper platform in the right hands.
- Blast turrets take frag grenades instead of steel. 4 frags for 40 rounds.
- Devastator mortar takes plasma power cells for rearming the plasma reactor. 1 cell for 20 rounds. Made at the Fabrication bench.
- Manned turrets cost the same as automatic turrets. They still have more range and accuracy, but the operator is more exposed with around 40% cover on most turrets.
- Research nodes sorted.
- Better descriptions.
- Removed moat floor due to balance.
- Continued tweaking and balance work.
- To get you in the mood ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAlWtadQRc

Rah's Vanilla Turrets Expansion (WORKSHOP LINK)

Gun complex

A perimeter mounted gun designed to work without power. Simple and reliable as long as someone is manning it. Gives good cover, and it never explodes.

Stats:
Style: Continuous fire
Barrel: 150 rounds
Range: 32
Rearm: Steel

Rocket complex

An older class of rocket weapon that requires manual control and reload. Fortunately, with the help of decent optics and deadly blast radius its presence is still dreaded on the front lines. Makes efficient use of high-explosive shells. Gives good cover.

Stats:
Style: Slow continuous fire
Barrel: 10 rockets
Range: 55
Rearm: High-explosive shells (5)

Sentry gun

A more powerful variant of an automated turret. Longer dual barrels provide increased accuracy, and greater burst. A staple weapons platform in any large colony.

Stats:
Style: Burst fire (3)
Barrel: 150 rounds
Range: 30 auto, 38 manned

Shredder turret

Shredder turret is designed for close range. It doesn't explode when destroyed, thus making it a perfect choice for indoor defense. The only downside is its rather large size.

Stats:
Style: Burst fire (5)
Barrel: 80 rounds
Range: 20 auto, 25 manned

Precision turret

A highly calibrated gun turret with high armor penetration. Advanced optics allows it to deliver precise single shots at long distances.

Stats:
Style: Slow continuous fire
Barrel: 40 rounds
Range: 50 auto, 55 manned

Blast turret

Blast turret is designed for close range area damage, and it does so by launching a burst of 3 frag grenades at a time. Beware of friendly fire.

Stats:
Style: Burst fire (3)
Barrel: 40 grenades
Range: 20 auto, 25 manned
Rearm: Frag grenades (4)

Vulcan cannon

Fortified minigun tower that fires hundreds of rounds continuously until ammo depletion. A rare sight to behold, the vulcan cannon can usually only be found in wealthy urbworld settlements.

Stats:
Barrel: 800 rounds
Range: 46 auto, 48 manned

Charge cannon

A heavy pulse charged rail-assisted weapon turret. It fires high precision armor-piercing projectiles every second continuously until the barrel breaks down. Meant for heavily armored targets. It requires a large amount of plasteel to restore.

Stats:
Barrel: 40 rounds
Range: 50
Rearm: Plasteel (80)

Devastator mortar

A magnetic mortar weapon that launches plasma projectiles with great velocity and accuracy. It also has a large blast radius thanks to its burst of five shells. Comes with an integrated plasma reactor that fuses EMP and explosive shells into reactive plasma projectiles. -- Requires the plasma power cell to function.

Stats:
Style: Mortar burst fire (5)
Barrel: 20 plasma rounds
Range: 500
Rearm: Plasma power cell (1)

Extras:

- Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion: My bionics and surgery mod.

If you have any suggestions or find something wrong, feel free to let me know !

Credit goes to Marn for his original mod and turrets, and legodude17 for the 1.1 update.

Steam locks all mods in the workshop to 4 stars until around 200 ratings have been accumulated. So if you like this mod, don't hesitate to give it a thumbs up !

Enjoy <3

evilbob

Rah

No alternate link atm. Currently doing updates regularly.

Rah

v2.1:
- New turret: Charge cannon added with v2.1. High precision, armor piercing turret.
- New mod name.
- Balance work

Rah

v2.2:
- Devastator mortar now takes plasma power cells; 1 cell for 20 rounds. Made at the Fabrication bench.
- Minor balance, tweaks.

inqbus

@Rah Any chance to share your mods with people outside Steam?

Canute

ingbus,
any chance you try to get your mod's through steam workshop ?
Just read the 1. link from my signature.

inqbus

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2021, 01:52:50 PM
ingbus,
any chance you try to get your mod's through steam workshop ?
Just read the 1. link from my signature.

Omg, im not sure if it works perfect but thank you so much. I recieved the game as a gift on GOG and struggling to get most of interesting mods for this version compatible with 1.3.
Mucho kisses!

Jim the Humanski

When I am downing an enemy pawn with any turret i am getting this error message.

Error log: https://gist.github.com/c647e4680d7cf32514d89a09274a7fde

Rah

Quote from: Jim the Humanski on January 12, 2022, 02:17:52 PM
When I am downing an enemy pawn with any turret i am getting this error message.

Error log: https://gist.github.com/c647e4680d7cf32514d89a09274a7fde
Sorry I was not able to respond earlier. If you have any problems please post it on the steam page. But yes, that error looks like another mod (kill for me) interfering. Try to turn it off.

hennysmath

Quote from: Jim the Humanski on January 12, 2022, 02:17:52 PMWhen I am downing an enemy pawn with any turret I am getting this error message.

Error log: https://gist.github.com/c647e4680d7cf32514d89a09274a7fde wordle

That problem appears to be the result of another mod interacting. Attempt to shut it off.