[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 27, 2016, 05:06:13 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! I think I will miss the wooden foot, but I agree with you on every other aspect of the mod (including removing the golden eye and eye patch).

Hope you look into A Dog Said version of your mod, although I think it's largely unnecessary

Hi Adalah217 ! Glad I could be of service ;)

Rah

Here is the "ADogSaid EPOE Hardcore version patch". All the recipes can now be found at the Bionic Workbench. Is that what you guys wanted? Hope so ! If not, let me know.

Atelerd

It's really great that you have removed vacilium, it was only unnecessary complication.
Little suggestion: prosthetic, being advanced machinery, should cost more in components and less of steel, it sounds much more logical for me.

Love

Perfect, thank you.

Quote from: Atelerd on December 27, 2016, 06:44:08 PM
It's really great that you have removed vacilium, it was only unnecessary complication.
Little suggestion: prosthetic, being advanced machinery, should cost more in components and less of steel, it sounds much more logical for me.

Yeah, I'd rather see more components and medicine necessary. Maybe get rid of the giant steel cost altogether and have them fully plasteel. It would be more logical.

Rah

Quote from: Atelerd on December 27, 2016, 06:44:08 PM

Hi Atelerd. I might do some tweaking if need be, but gotta be careful with the components cost. They're pretty much needed at all times throughout the game. Currently 1 bionic arm costs 350 plasteel and 5 components.

I'll do some more playthroughs and we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion !

Love

Is there any way you can have your A Dog Said patch override the items appearing on traders so it's consistent with your mod?

gillsminnow

Thank you, this is great. Any chance of a workshop link?

Rah

Is there any way you can have your A Dog Said patch override the items appearing on traders so it's consistent with your mod?
Edit: All the bionic parts can show up on the vanilla traders. I answered you incorrectly earlier.

Quote from: gillsminnow on December 27, 2016, 07:27:27 PM

Hi, thanks. I might make one yeah. It's very easy to install though; you just put it into your mod folder.

Didact04

Hm. I think I'll try this mod out. I was initially against it but idk, maybe it's good for me.

Rah

1.1 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Balance work and minor fixes
* Bionic surgeries require slightly more medicine
* Some bionic parts require slightly more components. ex: 1 bionic arm req 300 plasteel, 8 components, 1 simple prosthetic arm

Feel free to report back on what you think about the cost. Do you think it's awesome, or a bit too much?

Enjoy!

gillsminnow

Quote from: Rah on December 27, 2016, 08:02:23 PM
Quote from: gillsminnow on December 27, 2016, 07:27:27 PM

Hi, thanks. I might make one yeah. It's very easy to install though; you just put it into your mod folder.

It was more for the ease of receiving updates of the mod. Will be playing with it today, thanks again!

Didact04

You realize 300 plasteel is over half a ship reactor's worth of plasteel, yes? Tone it down a bit with the component costs.

FoxXeL

Please, can you update the EPOE limb harvesting mod?

Rah

Quote from: Didact04 on December 28, 2016, 08:41:31 AM
You realize 300 plasteel is over half a ship reactor's worth of plasteel, yes? Tone it down a bit with the component costs.

If you play on Extreme or Intense, you will get a lot of mechanoid attacks and poison ships during your playthrough. It's not uncommon to have thousands of plasteel sitting in your storage area. Plasteel can also be bought from traders. This mod treats bionic parts like luxury items, but they're obtainable if you save up for them.

Remember, in the vanilla game they're almost nonexistent. In this mod, you can craft them. And don't forget that Power Armor in vanilla costs 135 plasteel and 18 components. I usually play with 2 melee colonists equipped with power armor and helmets.

Thanks for the feedback though. If people echo your suggestion I will certainly look into it.

Love

I just wish you could figure out a way to balance the cost without having to rely on putting hundreds of metal on a crafting table and somehow only coming away with an arm.