[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

if you need hyperweave i believe vegetable gardens fabrics(i THINK its a standalone module if you dont want the whole mod) allows you to create hyperweave from vanilla plants, along with other types of cloth. Skullywags Extended fabrics also allows the creation of hyperweave i believe. So I think it'd be a good idea to check out if you are having trouble finding those mats.

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Ruisuki

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 09, 2017, 08:30:20 PM
Probably thinking of Skullywag's Extended Fabrics mod
Yeah i didnt link it. Ill link the other mod I suggested as well https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0

Thats vegetable garden, theres a link for just the garden resources at the bottom but idk if thats for just crops or just fabrics

Rah

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 09, 2017, 06:29:36 PM
if you need hyperweave i believe vegetable gardens fabrics(i THINK its a standalone module if you dont want the whole mod) allows you to create hyperweave from vanilla plants, along with other types of cloth. Skullywags Extended fabrics also allows the creation of hyperweave i believe. So I think it'd be a good idea to check out if you are having trouble finding those mats.

That's an option. But it might make it too easy to get hyperweave though, so beware of that.

Rah

1.61 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Curing scars and old wounds now has its own research; Regenerative medicine.
* Made some research texts a bit clearer.

SpaceDorf

One Question :

Why do I need the Advanced Workbench to craft Powerfists, but the Powerarm is on the Basic Workbench ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Rah

small hotfix to lite edition. new research now works properly.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 14, 2017, 05:35:03 PM
One Question :

Why do I need the Advanced Workbench to craft Powerfists, but the Powerarm is on the Basic Workbench ?

I'm guessing you're referring to the power claw. That's something that was left unchanged from epoe, but it's something I might look into again. However, the power arm is very strong, so in a way it makes sense to restrict access to it, although you can still make it early if you buy power claws from traders.

That_Axe

Very nice mod.

Definitely an improvement over the original EPOE.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Rah on March 14, 2017, 07:51:30 PM

I'm guessing you're referring to the power claw. That's something that was left unchanged from epoe, but it's something I might look into again.

Yeap, thats what I meant.
True, the Powerarm is very strong, but the lesser impact on Manipulation makes me prefer the Powerclaw.
Also it is cheaper in resources, compared to the Powerarm.
If it's a balance issue for you, I propose you move the Claw on the Basic Table,
but let it require a Bionic Hand.
And move the PowerArm to the Advanced Table.

Also, I just revived the Wive of my main researcher from her one year coma, after rushing my Tribals through to Brain Surgery.
Awesome, thanks for that :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Ruisuki

Idea for limb rehabilitation addition we talked about earlier, if you do decide to implement it one day: Just to differentiate from other mods; have 'training objects' such as treadmills, canes, dumbells to speed up the rate for new attatched limbs to regain efficiency. I dont think theres any way to reflect fitness in game, so maybe for non bionic colonists slight melee gain. Just an idea.

Rah

Quote from: That_Axe on March 15, 2017, 03:06:12 AM
Very nice mod.

Definitely an improvement over the original EPOE.
Thanks buddy !

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 15, 2017, 09:13:44 AM
Quote from: Rah on March 14, 2017, 07:51:30 PM

I'm guessing you're referring to the power claw. That's something that was left unchanged from epoe, but it's something I might look into again.

Yeap, thats what I meant.
True, the Powerarm is very strong, but the lesser impact on Manipulation makes me prefer the Powerclaw.
Also it is cheaper in resources, compared to the Powerarm.
If it's a balance issue for you, I propose you move the Claw on the Basic Table,
but let it require a Bionic Hand.
And move the PowerArm to the Advanced Table.

Also, I just revived the Wive of my main researcher from her one year coma, after rushing my Tribals through to Brain Surgery.
Awesome, thanks for that :)
There are two power arms in the mod, so I can't have them both require the advanced table. I think it's pretty balanced the way it is at the moment. The power arm is as strong as a scyther blade and it gives 20% more manipulation when installed on both arms. The advanced power arm gives you 40% more manipulation and 8 more damage. But I will consider moving the power claw recipe down to the bionics table. Anyway, good luck with the coma patient. She will never be the same, but at least she's up and moving again !

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 15, 2017, 09:43:37 PM
Idea for limb rehabilitation addition we talked about earlier, if you do decide to implement it one day: Just to differentiate from other mods; have 'training objects' such as treadmills, canes, dumbells to speed up the rate for new attatched limbs to regain efficiency. I dont think theres any way to reflect fitness in game, so maybe for non bionic colonists slight melee gain. Just an idea.
I don't think I can start adding fitness and gym equipment to this mod, but I might make another mod with organ rejection and some sort of limb rehabilitation later.

That_Axe

Hey Rah!

How many glitterworld medicine do I need to cure a scar?

I'm on permadeath, really want to know how much I'm paying to remove some scars./

Rah

Quote from: That_Axe on March 19, 2017, 02:58:47 PM
Hey Rah!

How many glitterworld medicine do I need to cure a scar?

I'm on permadeath, really want to know how much I'm paying to remove some scars./

Hi that_axe, it says so on the front page. You need 3 glitterworld medicine per scar removal, 2 if you're using the Lite edition. And you need to research Regenerative medicine to perform the surgeries.

That_Axe