[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love

Was this a stealth fix with no version change?

Love

By the way, the folder name is EPEO instead of EPOE

Rah

Quote from: Love on December 30, 2016, 12:07:40 PM
Was this a stealth fix with no version change?
Yeah, tiny fix.
Quote from: Love on December 30, 2016, 12:49:58 PM
By the way, the folder name is EPEO instead of EPOE

Thanks for catching that ! Fixed now.

Rah

1.3 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Small nerf to some bionic part bonuses. ex. advanced bionic arm manipulation down to 30% from 35%.

NCard

Instead of asking for more materials why not not just rise the skill requirement of the crafter. So, per example, you would need pawn with 12 medicine and 17 Crafting in order to craft a bionic leg. And if crafting that leg would take about 4 or 5 days people would start asking themselves if the 20% movement bonus is really worth abdicating of one of your best pawns for such amount of time

Beathrus

Excuse me, I have a quick question. When using 'A dog said' along with this mod, which version do I need to use for 'A dog said' along with the patch? Full, lite, or no crafting of ADS?

Rah

Quote from: NCard on January 02, 2017, 11:15:11 AM
Instead of asking for more materials why not not just rise the skill requirement of the crafter. So, per example, you would need pawn with 12 medicine and 17 Crafting in order to craft a bionic leg. And if crafting that leg would take about 4 or 5 days people would start asking themselves if the 20% movement bonus is really worth abdicating of one of your best pawns for such amount of time

There are many ways of doing it, but I felt like the materials route made the most sense. The requirements are quite reasonable now I think, and the work time was raised a bit in an earlier update. If you increase the time it takes by days, and add a very high crafting req on top of that (levels also degrade above 10), I think a lot of people would get pretty annoyed. It feels better to just gather all the hard earned materials and make the parts, to me at least. But it's an interesting idea, and I won't dismiss it completely. Thanks for dropping by.

Serenity

Quote from: Beathrus on January 02, 2017, 12:26:06 PM
Excuse me, I have a quick question. When using 'A dog said' along with this mod, which version do I need to use for 'A dog said' along with the patch? Full, lite, or no crafting of ADS?
Probably the same as in the standard version. No Crafting to avoid having the ADS stuff on multiple workbenches

Rah

I believe you can use whichever you want. All the the parts can found at the Bionic Workbench. iirc the ADS bench in the full version is not functional anyway.

Beathrus

Quote from: Serenity on January 02, 2017, 05:28:20 PM
Probably the same as in the standard version. No Crafting to avoid having the ADS stuff on multiple workbenches

Okay, Thank you Serenity and Rah! :O

Edit: Every time I try to use EPOE Hardcore Lite, And A Dog Said full version along with the compatibility patch, I end up with a bunch of errors; any idea what is going on? Any help is appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Beathrus

Love

You need to use the No Crafting version of A Dog Said.

Beathrus

Quote from: Love on January 04, 2017, 02:04:00 AM

Okay, Thank you!

Barhandar

The points of surrogate organs are "more humane" organ harvesting (but really it just generates no "organ harvested" thought) and reducing specific capabilities for undesirable but still useful pawns, similar to silent jaw.
If the equal and superior organs are made harder to get while surgery is made less spectacularly failure-prone ("your 12 medicine doctor on medical bed in sterile room torn off the patient's head while replacing their leg! Oopsie, failed in a minor way."), surrogates also could be used to "get by" for replacing damaged or missing organs until you can actually get a proper replacement.

Removal of surrogate organs is the sole change that kills this modmod for me. Might as well remove basic and simple prosthetics too - why, you already have natural limbs and bionics!

Rah

Quote from: Beathrus on January 04, 2017, 02:05:53 AM
Quote from: Love on January 04, 2017, 02:04:00 AM

Okay, Thank you!

Tested it again with the full version and it works no problem, just make sure you use the A16 versions. You should use the nocrafting version though, as the animal bench is non-functional anyway. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jygqqvun8joobbc/AABEX7ueLXLyV3v3h1HVsRqYa?dl=0