[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiensux67x

Hello! How come I get a missing texture for this mod for Glitterworld Medicine and Regular Medicine? The error says "Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Item/Resource/Medicine/OldGlitterworldMedicine in any active mod or base resources." It also says the same thing for OldMedicine. Any help would be appreciated!

Rah

@hiensux67x, hi, have you downloaded the latest version? The texture issues were solved a while back.

hiensux67x

yes, I've downloaded the lite edition mediafire link for 1.0 rimworld

Selfarion

Hello there  :)
In b18 i played on epoe and 0.19 try use rah and have some question for this mod.
1. Why need feet + hands on this mod? I know in epoe you can use bionic hand + chip and its give more then just bionic arm. But on this mod i see don't have something like this  :o Or i just don't know tell me please  :-\
2. About organ freshness. May be give it more time like 2-3 day? Because 1 day its very low (i use my room for food (-20*c) and then flash of the sun coming i lost my organ very fast, i try install mod for fridge but its not help too)
3. I think about wooden part for free and its not funny, i know its deal for not add 3 table like simple protethics, but may be add it on don't know work place? (better new table xd). I see how doctor just poof and got wooden part like magic world.
4. archo part its new on 0.19 but why we can craft not worse then it? may be less stat on upgrades part or buff archo. 
Rejection organ nice idea.
Ty for answer and sorry for my bad eng.

Rah

@hiensux67x, did you download it yesterday? It's a pre-release version so I keep the version number the same, even with constant updates. Make sure to download it again if you haven't.
@Selfarion, RBSE has prosthetics and bionics for both hands and feet, if that's what you're asking. 2: This will probably stay as it is for now. Organs out of the body can't survive for long, so it's important to have backup methods in case you lose power, etc. or else they will be destroyed. 3: Wooden parts for free is part of the vanilla game. They are very primitive parts and you can't really call the installation a surgery. It's just a wooden part fastened to a stump. 4: Archo parts are superior to advanced bionics and they cannot be crafted due to their "artifact" nature.

Selfarion

Quote from: Rah on August 14, 2018, 11:07:52 AM

@Selfarion, RBSE has prosthetics and bionics for both hands and feet, if that's what you're asking.  4: Archo parts are superior to advanced bionics and they cannot be crafted due to their "artifact" nature.
I mean why need hands and feet if just arm > hand. In epoe you can use chip but in rah arm just better hand and leg just better foot.
And if archo part > then advanced bionics then cool.  ;)

Rah

Hands and feet are there in case you lose those. It doesn't make sense to cut off your entire arm to install a bionic arm just because you lost a hand. As far as I can remember epoe is the same way.

Selfarion

I just wanna say what legs and arms better then hands and feets on %.
In EPOE you can use muscle stimulator and "implant that buffs a limb without replacing it and doesn't work with bionics. A muscle stimed arm+bionic hand is better than a bionic arm."
But in this mod i can just do legs and arms and nothing to lose.
I like your mod but this moment causes irritation.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16lWdIFxo2ssyBKWn-jC3rrq0agdBqW7biQtwPjfGJ1A/edit#gid=1352589543 - its epoe detalis.
Anyway i think epoe little unbalanced because ribs, new traders etc.
Do not think that i'm a hater just wanna tell about it.

hiensux67x

@Rah any chance you can upload b18 version in a non steam link? thank you if you can

Rah

@Selfarion, I haven't tried EPOE in a while, so I didn't know about the muscle stimulator, but let's say you go that route and install both the arm stimulator and the hand. It will net you a 35% bonus to manipulation. What incentive do you now have to go for the bionic arm instead? The bionic arm will only give you 20%.
@hiensux67x, check out the 'Extras' section, there are links there.

Canute

Quote from: hiensux67x on August 14, 2018, 10:33:11 PM
@Rah any chance you can upload b18 version in a non steam link? thank you if you can

Any chance to clean your glasses before you ask ?
The B18 downloads are still at the first posting, just above the "DOWNLOADS:" text.

Selfarion

Quote from: Rah on August 14, 2018, 10:46:24 PM
@Selfarion, I haven't tried EPOE in a while, so I didn't know about the muscle stimulator, but let's say you go that route and install both the arm stimulator and the hand. It will net you a 35% bonus to manipulation. What incentive do you now have to go for the bionic arm instead? The bionic arm will only give you 20%.
@hiensux67x, check out the 'Extras' section, there are links there.
Stimulator can't be crafted and its rare trader item and arm need if you arm was destroy ofc. I wanna say what in epoe hands and foots justified. But in rah i can use arm and leg and i have zero situation when i need use bionic hands because usually bionic part just better.

Canute

Don't forget you need around half the resources for a hand/foot then to craft a arm/leg.
So you can with limited resources equip more pawn's with bionics even with a bit smaller boni.

Rah

An arm stimulator just feels like overkill to me. The bionic hands and feet are there to cover a specific need. If you've lost a lot of fingers or a hand, then it might be useful to just install a bionic hand. And like Canute said, they are also cheaper, which is another benefit. 2 bionic hands on your doctor go a long way !

Selfarion

About organ freshness all the same need more time because often offer this on quest revard and need time for return to home or may be add micro bag for it?  :o