[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fillask

I did about ten minutes ago. Disabled the mod, rebooted, enabled it and loaded the save to try again. Took a while before something happened, but  when it did I had ~60 maddened labradors on my ass :p

I'll just try for a new game, see how that goes. Should've done that to begin with, to be honest. At any rate, apologies for the bothering and thanks for the quick replies!

Rah

Quote from: Fillask on October 19, 2018, 02:01:52 PM
I did about ten minutes ago. Disabled the mod, rebooted, enabled it and loaded the save to try again. Took a while before something happened, but  when it did I had ~60 maddened labradors on my ass :p

I'll just try for a new game, see how that goes. Should've done that to begin with, to be honest. At any rate, apologies for the bothering and thanks for the quick replies!

That's odd, the colony wealth should go down after deleting it, but if it hasn't it's probably best to just start a new save. You can check the colony wealth on the history tab in-game.

Jdalt40

Quote from: Rah on October 19, 2018, 08:49:09 AM
Hi Jdalt40, that's not really an error. Where are you getting those messages from? And are you having problems with another mod?
AllYourBase, let's just say I'm going on an Abstract Base Overwriting Crusade. If it was intentional to overwrite the defs, I'd patch them with what you need instead of overwriting them. If you want I can help concerning this. Overwriting Abstract Defs is just a bad practice due to this affecting all other mods (anything now using those Abstracts will inherit from your mod if active).

Jdalt40

You can list Abstract Defs not in your mod as a parent without issues, so overwriting Abstract Defs is not needed and can potentially cause compatibility issues.

viperwasp

I am getting errors when adding certain bionic organs with Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - 2.0 And Prepare Carefully 1.0. Here is the log. This is likely an issue with Prepare Carefully. But I'm posting on both forums just encase. I use other mods but I'm not sure if they are getting in the way. I may test this in a moment with only these two mods.

I get these errors as I am trying to start the game from within Prepare Carefully. The game will not start.
Error Log.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/a403a17e12fa35d42a485e31c3f91149

Update:
It happens even with just these two mods. And load order does not matter.
To duplicate simply use EDB to add Synthetic Organs... I have not figured out what combination of organs does this. But if I add Stomach, Liver, Kidney, Lung and Heart all Synthetic it seems to happen every time. I wonder if it is technically killing the pawn due to the adaption time of some of the implants and thus error on game start.

If this can't be fixed as long as it's not hiding a bigger issue I think it can be avoided.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Rah

Quote from: Jdalt40 on October 19, 2018, 06:38:08 PM
You can list Abstract Defs not in your mod as a parent without issues, so overwriting Abstract Defs is not needed and can potentially cause compatibility issues.

I'm aware of what happens if another mod uses the same defs, that can potentially cause problems, but I haven't seen any so far. They are usually only used by other bionic mods, and they don't go together all that well anyway. But I hear what you're saying. I'll try to patch what I can, but some of them might have to stay due to how the item categories work in the coding. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote from: viperwasp on October 19, 2018, 07:55:28 PM
I am getting errors when adding certain bionic organs with Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - 2.0 And Prepare Carefully 1.0. Here is the log. This is likely an issue with Prepare Carefully. But I'm posting on both forums just encase. I use other mods but I'm not sure if they are getting in the way. I may test this in a moment with only these two mods.

I get these errors as I am trying to start the game from within Prepare Carefully. The game will not start.
Error Log.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/a403a17e12fa35d42a485e31c3f91149

Update:
It happens even with just these two mods. And load order does not matter.
To duplicate simply use EDB to add Synthetic Organs... I have not figured out what combination of organs does this. But if I add Stomach, Liver, Kidney, Lung and Heart all Synthetic it seems to happen every time. I wonder if it is technically killing the pawn due to the adaption time of some of the implants and thus error on game start.

If this can't be fixed as long as it's not hiding a bigger issue I think it can be avoided.

Yeah, that's the synthetic organs doing that. It's not a bug. What happens is that you basically trigger the adaption process for all the organs at once when you install all of them in the pawn through the EDB menu. What you can do is to add 3 synthetic organs via the EDB menu, wait a few days in-game until the adaption settles in or completes, and then add the rest with the dev tools. You just simply find the "Add hediff" button and start adding things to the pawn as you wish.

If you add the remaining 4 after a few days, the pawn will collapse for about a day and a half, and then he will get back up. So you can have all organs installed in like 3 days in-game, but it will take a couple more days for the adaption to finish. -- I might tinker around with the synthetic organs a bit more in the future to make it easier to select all of them with the EDB menu.

viperwasp

Thanks good to know. I assumed it was something like that.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Jdalt40

You can rename the Abstract Def you're using to stop overwriting issues while keeping XML that you added. Unless you're applying it to other recipes outside of your mod intentionally.

Rah

hotfix: small compatibility update + you can now install all synthetic organs with EDB without any errors, but the pawn will still be incapacitated for a day or two in-game due to the adaption.

@Jdalt40, yeah, I made some new ones, so they should be good now. Is the abstract def crusade over? <3

Jdalt40

Pretty much, just noticed a lot of mods using Abstract bases wrongly (mostly old mods that still used old traditions). Have a good day  ;)

Rah

small hotfix: corrected some power arm values. they should be a bit more effective now

That should wrap up the hotfixes for this version. enjoy !

@Jdalt40, you too, and thanks for the observation.

dadols

I'm trying to install a bionic arm and a bionic jaw on one of my colonists (tried with them all too) but the "text" install bionic arm/jaw doesn't appear, am I doing something wrong? (I've not researched anything tho)

Canute

If your doctor don't know yet how to craft Bionic, he don't have a clue how to install them.

Rah

Quote from: dadols on October 21, 2018, 12:13:04 PM
I'm trying to install a bionic arm and a bionic jaw on one of my colonists (tried with them all too) but the "text" install bionic arm/jaw doesn't appear, am I doing something wrong? (I've not researched anything tho)

Yeah, you need to research Bionics before you're able to install that.

dadols