[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

Quote from: Senio on January 17, 2017, 09:31:24 AM

Hi Rah
I think this log can find error .

old version is 1.5, update to 1.54

Some items were removed after 1.5, so you can get problems with old saves if you're trying to update to the newest version. Unzip this and add "Defs" and "Textures" to the EPOE Hardcore Version folder. Let me know if it works.

After the playthrough is completed, just remove everything and redownload new version.

Senio

Quote from: Rah on January 17, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
Quote from: Senio on January 17, 2017, 09:31:24 AM

Hi Rah
I think this log can find error .

old version is 1.5, update to 1.54

Some items were removed after 1.5, so you can get problems with old saves if you're trying to update to the newest version. Unzip this and add "Defs" and "Textures" to the EPOE Hardcore Version folder. Let me know if it works.

After the playthrough is completed, just remove everything and redownload new version.

I tried as you said,still doesn't work.
This is  new error logs

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named LuciferiumSuppression

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

crusader2010

Sorry if it's been asked previously, but is this compatible with Combat Realism? Is it ok to use the CR patch from non-hardcore EPOE?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Rah

Quote from: crusader2010 on January 18, 2017, 10:26:02 AM
Sorry if it's been asked previously, but is this compatible with Combat Realism? Is it ok to use the CR patch from non-hardcore EPOE?

Hi crusader, I think it should work fine. Let me know if it doesn't.

Quote from: Senio on January 18, 2017, 07:29:48 AM

Hi Senio. try this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ooq2dm2cjl5jz22/fix.zip
If it still doesn't work, I suggest just playing it through on 1.50 and then downloading 1.54 when you start a new game. There aren't a huge amount of changes between those versions really.

Senio

Quote from: Rah on January 18, 2017, 02:34:07 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on January 18, 2017, 10:26:02 AM

Hi crusader, I think it should work fine. Let me know if it doesn't.

Quote from: Senio on January 18, 2017, 07:29:48 AM

Hi Senio. try this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ooq2dm2cjl5jz22/fix.zip
If it still doesn't work, I suggest just playing it through on 1.50 and then downloading 1.54 when you start a new game. There aren't a huge amount of changes between those versions really.

Sorry Rah, this fix.zip not load save game . i will use 1.50, if open a new game ,i will update to last new , thank you.

Rah

Quote from: Senio on January 18, 2017, 11:29:46 PM

Sorry Rah, this fix.zip not load save game . i will use 1.50, if open a new game ,i will update to last new , thank you.

That's odd, they should've worked. Sorry about that. Hope you're having fun though.

Darkhymn

Hey, Rah. First, props on this awesome simplification of EPOE! EPOE is a great mod, but it always struck me as a little outside the scope and spirit of the game as I imagine it. This is a perfect balance of the extra, improved features of EPOE and vanilla.

I had one question, though. Do I need to have the technology unlocked to use the bionics added by the mod? I have a colonist who's down a foot and I have a bionic foot in stock, however I can't seem to install it. I'm concerned that if I lop off the pawn's leg for a peg now, I won't be able to install the prosthesis later, as it seems like bionic feet and legs are different beasts. Any thoughts on why this may be?

cap75

I had something similar. My pawn had a bad back, so when a caravan came by with a bionic spine, i bought it but now i cant install it.

Rah

Quote from: Darkhymn on January 19, 2017, 06:03:15 PM
Hey, Rah. First, props on this awesome simplification of EPOE! EPOE is a great mod, but it always struck me as a little outside the scope and spirit of the game as I imagine it. This is a perfect balance of the extra, improved features of EPOE and vanilla.

I had one question, though. Do I need to have the technology unlocked to use the bionics added by the mod? I have a colonist who's down a foot and I have a bionic foot in stock, however I can't seem to install it. I'm concerned that if I lop off the pawn's leg for a peg now, I won't be able to install the prosthesis later, as it seems like bionic feet and legs are different beasts. Any thoughts on why this may be?

Hi Darkhymn, that is correct. In order to craft and to install bionic parts, you need the corresponding research first. The colonists will not understand how to attach parts without it. Have fun !

Quote from: cap75 on January 19, 2017, 09:46:57 PM
I had something similar. My pawn had a bad back, so when a caravan came by with a bionic spine, i bought it but now i cant install it.

Same as above, research bionics to unlock the surgery. Enjoy !

Darkhymn

Quote from: Rah on January 20, 2017, 01:59:10 AM
Quote from: Darkhymn on January 19, 2017, 06:03:15 PM

Hi Darkhymn, that is correct. In order to craft and to install bionic parts, you need the corresponding research first. The colonists will not understand how to attach parts without it. Have fun !

Quote from: cap75 on January 19, 2017, 09:46:57 PM

Same as above, research bionics to unlock the surgery. Enjoy !

Thanks again!

Mehni

Quote- I might add back an optional file with the brain curing implants if people want it. I just felt it was kinda cheap to
completely reverse terminal brain damage.

While I think Luciferium does a good job of curing brain injuries, I like instant results as much as the next guy. How about a (risky) surgery option to trigger Trauma Savant? It's a pretty strong buff, but the no-talking deal is a good drawback. I wouldn't use it on my warden.

I've been playing with a self-made mod that adds a Golden Hammer as an ingredient in a brain surgery. I imagine the doctor takes a fistful of glitterworld meds and then just whacks 'em on the head. The patient either dies in surgery or becomes a Trauma Savant.

Rah

Quote from: Mehni on January 20, 2017, 07:20:55 PM
Quote- I might add back an optional file with the brain curing implants if people want it. I just felt it was kinda cheap to
completely reverse terminal brain damage.

While I think Luciferium does a good job of curing brain injuries, I like instant results as much as the next guy. How about a (risky) surgery option to trigger Trauma Savant? It's a pretty strong buff, but the no-talking deal is a good drawback. I wouldn't use it on my warden.

I've been playing with a self-made mod that adds a Golden Hammer as an ingredient in a brain surgery. I imagine the doctor takes a fistful of glitterworld meds and then just whacks 'em on the head. The patient either dies in surgery or becomes a Trauma Savant.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might add something like that later.

grifo

Hi, Rah! I decided to give it go!

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29816.0

Maybe we could think how to make our releases to work together flawlessly if you interested (research trees and cost balance and some overlap in content). Let me know! :)

Good luck!

Rah

Quote from: grifo on January 21, 2017, 03:06:25 PM
Hi, Rah! I decided to give it go!

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29816.0

Maybe we could think how to make our releases to work together flawlessly if you interested (research trees and cost balance and some overlap in content). Let me know! :)

Good luck!

Hey Grifo. I'm not sure I can add much more to EPOE Hardcore without creating balance issues. Most injuries can already be fixed up or replaced with bionics, so it's a pretty complete surgery/medical mod at the moment. I'll see if there are any errors that occur if they're run together though since there are some overlapping. And good luck with the mod, it looks fun!

gendalf

why is the lite version smaller version number? does it mean it lacks features?