[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Or you take the patient to the organ and operate on a temp. map.

On real life the time for an organ transplant is even smaller, i think 6 or 12 hours after it took out of the corpse.
You can keep meat fresh a long time and you can eat it, but it won't stay alive and work afterwards. The life factor is the important thing.
If you want an easy organ handling, maybe stay/look for EPoE, RBSE allways was a bit harder then EPoE.

carnifex2005

For the latest .19 version (Lite). I'm having a problem curing a bite on a pawn's head. I'm able to cure bite's on other body parts. The doctor I'm trying to force to do it is skilled enough and I have plenty of Glitterworld meds nearby as well. Anything else missing or is this is a bug?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Selfarion

Quote from: Canute on August 23, 2018, 08:15:19 AM
Or you take the patient to the organ and operate on a temp. map.

On real life the time for an organ transplant is even smaller, i think 6 or 12 hours after it took out of the corpse.
You can keep meat fresh a long time and you can eat it, but it won't stay alive and work afterwards. The life factor is the important thing.
If you want an easy organ handling, maybe stay/look for EPoE, RBSE allways was a bit harder then EPoE.

But in game we have space marine armor and etc. And may be if we can do synthetic organ we can research something for time (2-3 day xd)

Rah

@carnifex2005, you should be able to cure bites on heads, both regular bites and bite scars. Are you sure his healthcare is set to glitterworld?

carnifex2005

Hi Rah. Yeah, he was set to use Glitterworld meds.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rah

Do you have a lot of mods installed? It might be another mod interfering with something. Also, make sure pawns are able to grab the medicine. Sometimes they can't access it due to lack of zoning etc.

carnifex2005

Yup, it was a mod. Pharmacist. I had the Surgery setting in Pharmacist to use regular medicine instead of Glitterworld. After setting that correct, the issue was fixed. Thanks for the hint!

Tsunamy

Two questions.

Now that 0.19 is out, will this be put on the Workshop now?

And, could someone make a Equiums RBSE patch?

Rah

1.9 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for B19.
* 3 new chronic diseases added: Chronic kidney disease, congenital heart defect, chronic stomach disorder.
* Vanilla prosthetics and bionics implemented into mod.
* Advanced and synthetic parts now require advanced components.
* Adaption system added for synthetic organs.
* Added ribcage repair.
* Added hook hand. Available through Smithing research.
* Vanilla prosthetic heart disabled.
* Archotech parts cannot be crafted, just like in vanilla.
* Spanish translation added. (thanks to Ghrull !)
* Balance tweaks.

Enjoy!

Bobisme

hey mate :) can we still get version B18? :)
digging the net and can't find it, not ready to move on yet heh :D
..my bad :P it was on the first comment :) :P

hauvega

I am still working on the Equiums mod. It takes some time but a RbSE patch is coming.  I hope modcheck will be completed.  I want the patch inside the mod if possible.  Please wait.  Thanks.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

ZE

just a FYI @ Rah
bionics clock in at 1.25 now
archotech in at 1.50

an advanced bionic leg at 1.50 is as good as archotech
an advanced bionic arm at 1.60 is better

you may want to nerf em or just call em archotech

Rah

hotfix: balance tweaks to bionics and archotech parts.

thanks for the report.

Serenity

I realize that this mod was started before prosthetics were added to vanilla, but what's the rationale behind even the Lite version having costs several times higher than vanilla for even simple prosthetics?

Rah

Quote from: Serenity on August 30, 2018, 02:33:16 PM
I realize that this mod was started before prosthetics were added to vanilla, but what's the rationale behind even the Lite version having costs several times higher than vanilla for even simple prosthetics?

To keep the game challenging, pretty much. In my view, prosthetic and bionic parts should be rare and expensive. Bionic parts aren't actually that much more expensive in the Lite version though, but simple parts are, simply because you only need steel to create them. Steel is pretty cheap and easy to get.