[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsunamy

Plus if I'm not mistaken, RBSE makes limb loss more rare.

Rah

Quote from: Tsunamy on August 30, 2018, 03:25:01 PM
Plus if I'm not mistaken, RBSE makes limb loss more rare.

There are no changes to limb loss. All body defs have vanilla values.

In B18 there were some tweaks to body part coverage due to some vanilla issues, but that has been somewhat resolved.

Tsunamy

Oh, well then. That might be something to look into? Limb loss in RimWorld is unrealistically common in my opinion so making prosthetics/bionics more expensive really hurts in that regard.

Rah

Quote from: Tsunamy on August 30, 2018, 04:26:54 PM
Oh, well then. That might be something to look into? Limb loss in RimWorld is unrealistically common in my opinion so making prosthetics/bionics more expensive really hurts in that regard.

Do you feel like it's more common now than before? I don't think Tynan has changed the values that much for B19.

Monzer

I have a missed up research tree when I use it and also there is a research called N/A

Rah

Quote from: Monzer on August 31, 2018, 11:21:17 PM
I have a missed up research tree when I use it and also there is a research called N/A

Your research tree should not be messed up. What kind of mods do you have installed? The n/a research is normal, it's just a disabled research node.

Rah

hotfix: cleaned up some coding, fixed compatibility issue with questionable ethics

Tsunamy

Rah, a favorite mod of mine, Mechanite Augmentation, just updated to stable, but given RBSE rebalances bionics, I'm guessing that what it adds are going to be too good.

I would like to know, do you have a 'guide' on how to balance things vs. Lite and Hardcore? Maybe like a multiplier you use on the value of things, for instance?

Rah

Quote from: Tsunamy on September 01, 2018, 03:42:18 PM
Rah, a favorite mod of mine, Mechanite Augmentation, just updated to stable, but given RBSE rebalances bionics, I'm guessing that what it adds are going to be too good.

I would like to know, do you have a 'guide' on how to balance things vs. Lite and Hardcore? Maybe like a multiplier you use on the value of things, for instance?

I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately, there are a ton of factors that affect balance, and Rimworld keeps getting updated, which makes it harder. I experimented with some multipliers in the past, but found out quickly that simply doing it manually was easier. Ultimately, I think you just gotta play the game enough and get a feel for it.

However, it helps to compare vanilla values to what you're trying to balance - even other mods can be helpful with that. Another thing that works well is to install everything possible on a pawn and see how he does. You find out pretty quick whether or not stuff is overpowered.

Bear in mind though, that the only difference between the lite and hardcore version is the material costs. All of the part values are the same in both, and they line up pretty well with the vanilla game.

Tsunamy

Quote from: Rah on September 01, 2018, 04:29:01 PM
I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately, there are a ton of factors that affect balance, and Rimworld keeps getting updated, which makes it harder. I experimented with some multipliers in the past, but found out quickly that simply doing it manually was easier. Ultimately, I think you just gotta play the game enough and get a feel for it.

However, it helps to compare vanilla values to what you're trying to balance - even other mods can be helpful with that. Another thing that works well is to install everything possible on a pawn and see how he does. You find out pretty quick whether or not stuff is overpowered.

Bear in mind though, that the only difference between the lite and hardcore version is the material costs. All of the part values are the same in both, and they line up pretty well with the vanilla game.
Ouch. Any chance you could look into making a patch for this? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768597335

temple_wing

Would you please upload to some other place? Mediafire is banned by chinese gov.

Rah

@Tsunamy, you mean a balance patch? I don't have much time to make and maintain patches for other mods, unfortunately. I recommend checking in with the author and see if he's willing to make one. It's also possible to do it yourself if you're comfortable with xml.

@temple_wing, here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rezjtovvfv6lyqg/RBSE%20-%20Hardcore%20Edition%201.9.zip?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuhnlwl14lo30rg/RBSE%20-%20Lite%20Edition%201.9.zip?dl=1

Tsunamy

I'm comfortable with xml but I was hoping for some sort of baseline as to how much to increase material costs. Like, can you give me an idea of how much to increase the 'Stuff' costs for both Lite and Hardcore balance?

Rah

Quote from: Tsunamy on September 02, 2018, 08:22:46 AM
I'm comfortable with xml but I was hoping for some sort of baseline as to how much to increase material costs. Like, can you give me an idea of how much to increase the 'Stuff' costs for both Lite and Hardcore balance?

I've never tried that mod, so I won't be much help. Sorry. Like I said earlier, I recommend doing some comparing with the vanilla game and the mods themselves. That's probably the best way.

Rah

hotfix: fixed sound issue where sound would loop at workbenches.