[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultra4

I don't know for sure if it's you mod or harvest everthing's, but your organs degrade if not frozen and the noses, ears, legs, they just don't. I get its a simple incompatibility where those other organs/parts don't have the proper value added in. I load RBSE last hoping it would take over all body parts but it doesn't.

Can you fix this or does it have to be fixed in harvest everything? I say this because you're always on top of you mod and the other mod gets update on a yearly basis.

...is this a big deal? no, but harvesting those extra organs and having them not rot is crossing the cheating boundary i have set up mentaly

Rah

Harvest everything is pretty unbalanced and broken, so it's not really a mod I'm willing to invest time in trying to make more compatible with RBSE. The way it handles limb removal and installation, as well as other things such as eyes is pretty bad, but that is mostly due to limitations in the Rimworld coding. Sorry if that was not the answer you were looking for.

ultra4

i actually respect that... i do fear the atrocious early game amputations and disfiguration on the main pawns. But harvest everything is not a perfect solution... at all

Would try the questionable ethics late game approach to natural organs (nose, eye, ear), but i bet they don't decay either

Rah

Organs will decay, but not the other natural body parts, that's correct. RBSE and QE are compatible though. With some suspension of disbelief you can think of organs as more sensitive, compared to noses and ears, which they kind of are.

PeterR

I like that it is balanced out thought out, very well done, but I really dislike how the production benches look (bright blue). Everything in this game has very soft colors design wise (everything), and those bright blue tables immediately stand out as something that originally doesn't belong in the game, because no other texture (no animal, no wall, no bench, no weapon, no pawn) has such a bright color as your two tables.

Rah

Quote from: PeterR on October 01, 2018, 05:32:19 PM
I like that it is balanced out thought out, very well done, but I really dislike how the production benches look (bright blue). Everything in this game has very soft colors design wise (everything), and those bright blue tables immediately stand out as something that originally doesn't belong in the game, because no other texture (no animal, no wall, no bench, no weapon, no pawn) has such a bright color as your two tables.

Hi Peter, thanks for the feedback. I will look into that.

Rah

1.91 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* New workbench textures !
* 2 new brain implants: Hyporegulator and Cortexaugmentor.
* Bionic parts no longer require simple prosthetics parts.
* Balance tweaks to market prices and recipes.
* RBSE Lite Edition is now the normal version.

new implant stats. these are late game and will require quite a bit of resources to make.
Btw, if anyone wants to create a google spreadsheet with the stats of all the RBSE parts, let me know and I will post it on the front page.

PeterR

Quote from: Rah on October 04, 2018, 03:10:01 AM
1.91 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* New workbench textures !
* 2 new brain implants: Hyporegulator and Cortexaugmentor.
* Bionic parts no longer require simple prosthetics parts.
* Balance tweaks to market prices and recipes.
* RBSE Lite Edition is now the normal version.

new implant stats. these are late game and will require quite a bit of resources to make.
Btw, if anyone wants to create a google spreadsheet with the stats of all the RBSE parts, let me know and I will post it on the front page.

Nice - so cool! Now this mod has zero negatives in my opinion :)

Payuset

Very nice mod, but i have some issues.

-Arms: for some reason arms don't physically exist, when you replace a leg with its bionic counterpart, you get a leg, but when you do it with an arm... you get nothing, same when trying to harvest an arm. It may be a conflict. (Using Death Rattle, DE Surgeries, Less arbitrary surgery, A Dog Said..., and Questionable Ethics <- so i can at least clone an arm)

-Transplants & implants: i get the want to research lock them, but really? once you know how to implant a heart a synthetic one is not that different, same with bionics/advanced bionics.
The basic research to implant things should be enough to implant the more advanced counterparts, and still require the extra research to actually produce them, otherwise what's the point of them being sold by orbital traders? It is as if they are taunting you instead of trying to get your money.

I would like to make a patch or something, so cloned organs from Questionable ethics don't trigger organ rejection. (you know being cloned from you would have that kind of effect i think) Should i make a new slew of items and surgeries? (basically copy pasting from vanilla but with changed names) and more importantly how to do it without breaking anything.

Rah

@Payuset, limbs in Rimworld don't work very well with the surgery system, so you not being able to get limbs after installing bionic parts is intended. If you are getting legs, but not arms, that is another mod allowing that, which it shouldn't in all honesty. Limbs are very unbalanced due to the way they're connected to the hands, feet and digits. You can remove an arm with a missing hand, install it back, and then magically get a new hand.

For your second point, the research lock is a balance thing which is also present in many other games in various ways, but it's a valid point with regards to realism. However, one could argue that a synthetic heart is an entirely different surgery than its natural counterpart, but aside from that, I might look into tweaking that system in the future.

For your last point, the coding in Rimworld makes no distinction between organs and who they come from, which is unfortunate. A heart is just a heart in the game and it doesn't care where it came from. It's unrealistic, but it's not much that can be done about it without going deep into the coding. Maybe Tynan will make the system more realistic in future updates.

Amnesiac

Hi, just started using the mod so I can't offer any feedback yet, but I'd like to know how to enable the new textures for medicine? I started playing in B19 and I like them better than the old ones, but I can't find the xml where you edit the textures to the "old" ones

Found it! I just deleted the patch file and it worked, thanks!

Rah

hotfix: fixed body part categories + minor balance work.

edit: hotfix: small rebalancing of the new implants. now requires ai cores instead of techprof.

sorry for the hotfixes, but they had to be done. have fun <3

Rah

small update: minor tweaks and fixes in prep for Rimworld 1.0.
new RBSE parts spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtDLi-73uBQb4CYysYjXGaR8A4eNGeENDBgX2sqAXLE/edit?usp=sharing

if you would like to help edit and maintain the spreadsheet, let me know.

xylr

I ran into a small bug when installing a "Synthetic Heart" to replace a "Prosthetic Heart" which a pawn was generated with.

It gave me an item "N/A" which I assume should have been the Prosthetic Heart.

The N/A item was causing my pawns to stand in place trying to haul it, but dropping it immediately.  I ended up destroying it with the debug mode.

This was in the current B19 release on steam and the B19 version of this mod from the workshop.

I was running other mods so I'll retest this on a debug run.
Update: Just retested only having Core and Rah's mod enabled

Operation:

Afterwards with N/A item:

Has anyone else experienced this?