[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drd23

Quote from: xylr on October 13, 2018, 10:47:34 AMHas anyone else experienced this?
I haven't come across this exact scenario, but I have opened an ancient danger and found a "N/A" prosthetic inside

Rah

Thanks for the report. I'm aware of the n/a items sometimes popping up every now and then in-game. They are actually deactivated vanilla prosthetics. I will try to fix it in time for the 1.0 release.

Rah

2.0 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for Rimworld 1.0 !
* Simple prosthetic parts can now be made at the Machining table after researching Anatomy and physiology.
* Anatomy and physiology research now requires only Machining research.
* Power claw can now be made after Bionics research.
* Balance work and fixes.

There might be an update or two in the future, so make sure to drop by every now and then if you're using the mediafire version. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Enjoy <3
RBSE parts spreadsheet: All RBSE part values. If you would like to help edit and maintain it, let me know.

Ruisuki

will the fixes also apply to b19? i had heard b19 and 1.0 would be very similar but not sure if its similar enough to install

Rah

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 17, 2018, 08:17:50 PM
will the fixes also apply to b19? i had heard b19 and 1.0 would be very similar but not sure if its similar enough to install

B19 saves will most likely work fine with 1.0, it did for my save. Just press 'load anyway' when prompted, but make sure to backup the save just in case.

viperwasp

I have always used Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering. This mod feels like a competing mod kind of? Do these mods work together?
Which one is better? If I really liked Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering should I still check out Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion. Or is it suggested I use both? If I do use both I don't like a whole lot of mod overlap unless it's done in an okay way.

Thanks this mod does look sweet which is why I'm asking. And I don't mean any offense to this mod maker. In fact I'm very thankful we have so many good mods.

•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Warforyou

Quote from: viperwasp on October 18, 2018, 03:18:51 PM
I have always used Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering. This mod feels like a competing mod kind of? Do these mods work together?
Which one is better? If I really liked Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering should I still check out Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion. Or is it suggested I use both? If I do use both I don't like a whole lot of mod overlap unless it's done in an okay way.

Thanks this mod does look sweet which is why I'm asking. And I don't mean any offense to this mod maker. In fact I'm very thankful we have so many good mods.

You should check the description first. It contains all the answers you are looking for..

viperwasp

Quote from: Warforyou on October 18, 2018, 04:25:52 PM
Quote from: viperwasp on October 18, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

You should check the description first. It contains all the answers you are looking for..

Your right I was dumb to miss that. lol So I need to decide which one I like more.... hmmm.... going to take time to think both good.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Jdalt40

Hey Rah, RBSE is currently overwriting the current core abstract base definitions, are you able to fix this?
Quote[Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion] causes compatibility errors by overwriting ImplantBase in file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\850429707\Defs\HediffDefs\HediffDefs_AdvancedBionics.xml

[Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion] causes compatibility errors by overwriting BodyPartBionicBase in file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\850429707\Defs\ThingDefs_Items\Items_BodyPartsBionic.xml

[Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion] causes compatibility errors by overwriting BodyPartNaturalBase in file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\850429707\Defs\ThingDefs_Items\Items_BodyPartsNatural.xml

[Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion] causes compatibility errors by overwriting BodyPartArtificialBase in file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\850429707\Defs\ThingDefs_Items\Items_BodyPartsSimple.xml

[Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion] causes compatibility errors by overwriting BodyPartProstheticBase in file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\850429707\Defs\ThingDefs_Items\Items_BodyPartsSimple.xml

[Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion] causes compatibility errors by overwriting BodyPartArchotechBase in file C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\850429707\Defs\ThingDefs_Items\Items_BodyParts_ArchoVanilla.xml

Rah

Hi Jdalt40, that's not really an error. Where are you getting those messages from? And are you having problems with another mod?

Canute

Did you maybe enable the workshop version and the download version at the same time ?
850429707 is the workshop ID for RBSE.

Fillask

Hey, I absolutely love the breadth and scope of the mod and it has essentially everything that I want with regard to prosthetics, but I'm running into a bit of an issue in-game.

I've got a single colonist and a boat-load of tamed huskies. Normally, the raids and such are tailored to the single colonist and they are thus manageable. When I activate this mod, however, instead of 3-5 enemies, I get 50+ on any raid, chase, mission, infestation, etc. So something's messing up the information of my base's threat level.

My theory's that somehow the mod, or perhaps the mod in combination with A Dog Said, registers the dogs as colonists, thus skewing the threat level.

Prior to me spending time on checking each individual possible combination and reason (load order, combination of mods, etc.), I would like to ask whether it's a known issue. Also, the description says "-- RBSE is a standalone bionics and surgery mod. Do not install RBSE with EPOE --", but it doesn't mention A Dog Said, even though that is also a prosthetics mod albeit for animals; could that be causing issues?

Other mods run in order:
-Core
-HugsLib
-A Dog Said..
-Fluffy Breakdowns
-Research Tree

Rah

Hi Fillask, did your colonist have a vanilla prosthetic part installed prior to installing RBSE, or do you have one in the base?

Fillask

I have a vanilla bionic stomach lying about, yes. Does that need to be removed prior to activation?

Edit: Ah, it's turned into an N/a. Bound to be problematic then, yes.

Rah

Yeah, definitely remove that with dev tools, and then everything will be returned to normal.