[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

@VentusVero, the brain implants are permanent in the mod and in vanilla. However, the hyporegulator was actually slightly bugged, but it has been fixed now. It was set to -85% sleep need, but it has now been corrected and set to -25%, which is more appropriate. With regards to toe and finger surgery, I've considered it a few times, but I decided not to include it due to balance reasons.

* Fixed an issue with the Hyporegulator where it would reduce sleep need by 85%. It is now set to -25%.

VentusVero

Quote from: Rah on November 06, 2018, 09:55:23 PM
@VentusVero, the brain implants are permanent in the mod and in vanilla. However, the hyporegulator was actually slightly bugged, but it has been fixed now. It was set to -85% sleep need, but it has now been corrected and set to -25%, which is more appropriate. With regards to toe and finger surgery, I've considered it a few times, but I decided not to include it due to balance reasons.

* Fixed an issue with the Hyporegulator where it would reduce sleep need by 85%. It is now set to -25%.

Thanks, that answers my question (never used a joywire, so didn't know, off to edit a save file!).
Also, dunno if it matters, but my game says Hypo regulator "Tiredness x15%" instead of 25% (which makes no difference to me now, but thought i'd mention incase you meant for it to be 25%).

Thanks for the super fast reply!

Rah

The latest version should have it at -25% now, which should say x75% in game. Are you using an older mediafire version?

forumgod

Lots of redundancy on this mod now especially with vanilla adding similar items. I used to play with this permanently on since B18 but I'm starting to have second thoughts.

"Advanced" bionic parts should be removed, they already exist in vanilla and are called "Archotech": a tier better than bionics but not craftable
Normal bionic parts are already an upgrade over natural parts, you don't need yet another in-between upgrade.
The second workbench should also be removed because it serves no purpose, the recipes it unlocks can just be unlocked for the first bench instead.
In fact you could remove both of them and move all the bionic and synthetic organ recipes to the Fabrication bench (it costs advanced components as a base price too) and all the simple prosthetic recipes to the Machining table.

NoCanDo

Quote from: nickdos on November 13, 2018, 07:39:20 AM
Lots of redundancy on this mod now especially with vanilla adding similar items. I used to play with this permanently on since B18 but I'm starting to have second thoughts.

"Advanced" bionic parts should be removed, they already exist in vanilla and are called "Archotech": a tier better than bionics but not craftable
Normal bionic parts are already an upgrade over natural parts, you don't need yet another in-between upgrade.
The second workbench should also be removed because it serves no purpose, the recipes it unlocks can just be unlocked for the first bench instead.
In fact you could remove both of them and move all the bionic and synthetic organ recipes to the Fabrication bench (it costs advanced components as a base price too) and all the simple prosthetic recipes to the Machining table.

In fact, let's just scrap the whole mod, aye?

Holothurin

I disagree. Both workbenches fit perfectly well into a med-lab and the Machining table is already cluttered with ammunition recipes if you have a few Turret and Weapon Mods.

forumgod

Quote from: Holothurin on November 13, 2018, 07:48:08 AM

I disagree. Both workbenches fit perfectly well into a med-lab and the Machining table is already cluttered with ammunition recipes if you have a few Turret and Weapon Mods.

That's unrelated. If you have a clutter problem in your workbenches then get a mod that fixes just that. We are talking about RBSE here.

Rah

Quote"Advanced" bionic parts should be removed, they already exist in vanilla and are called "Archotech": a tier better than bionics but not craftable

Not sure how you got to that conclusion. There are only 3 archotech parts; the eye, arm and leg. They function as sort of a rare non-craftable luxury tier of bionic parts in the mod. The advanced tier consists of more parts, which are craftable, and they're pretty much there for players who want to create really powerful colonists in the late game. I don't see anything wrong with that.
The second workbench should also be removed because it serves no purpose, the recipes it unlocks can just be unlocked for the first bench instead. In fact you could remove both of them and move all the bionic and synthetic organ recipes to the Fabrication bench (it costs advanced components as a base price too) and all the simple prosthetic recipes to the Machining table.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I feel like two workbenches is pretty reasonable for 1 mod. It also makes sense to have a couple of benches dedicated to bionic and synthetic parts, and not just slap everything onto 1 vanilla bench. And I'm not sure if you know this already, but all the simple prosthetic parts are made at the machining table.

viperwasp

Quote from: Rah on November 14, 2018, 01:34:41 AM
Quote"Advanced" bionic parts should be removed, they already exist in vanilla and are called "Archotech": a tier better than bionics but not craftable

Not sure how you got to that conclusion. There are only 3 archotech parts; the eye, arm and leg. They function as sort of a rare non-craftable luxury tier of bionic parts in the mod. The advanced tier consists of more parts, which are craftable, and they're pretty much there for players who want to create really powerful colonists in the late game. I don't see anything wrong with that.
The second workbench should also be removed because it serves no purpose, the recipes it unlocks can just be unlocked for the first bench instead. In fact you could remove both of them and move all the bionic and synthetic organ recipes to the Fabrication bench (it costs advanced components as a base price too) and all the simple prosthetic recipes to the Machining table.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I feel like two workbenches is pretty reasonable for 1 mod. It also makes sense to have a couple of benches dedicated to bionic and synthetic parts, and not just slap everything onto 1 vanilla bench. And I'm not sure if you know this already, but all the simple prosthetic parts are made at the machining table.

Yeah Rah thank you. Don't follow these suggestions please. In my opinion would be a downgrade to the mod. I like it perfect the way it is.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Asero

Quote from: viperwasp on November 14, 2018, 01:41:17 AM
Yeah Rah thank you. Don't follow these suggestions please. In my opinion would be a downgrade to the mod. I like it perfect the way it is.

Agreed. Frankly, what is the point of downloading a mod if you don't agree how it's put together. Just move on to something else that fits your playstyle.

Nat573

I'm trying to patch this mod to work with the Argonians of Blackmarsh mod.
I used both Mehni and VeeCee's patches found on pages 37 and 38, but the log keeps complaining about the latter.
Here's what I have in my "Patches" folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Patch>
   <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
      <xpath>Defs/AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace[defName = "Alien_Argonian"]/recipes</xpath>
      <value>
      <li>InstallWoodenFoot</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticHand</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticFoot</li>
      <li>InstallArtificialNose</li>
      <li>InstallArtificialPelvis</li>
      <li>InstallNeurostimulator</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticLung</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticStomach</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticLiver</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticKidney</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticHeart</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalArm</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalLeg</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalStomach</li>
      <li>InstallPowerArm</li>
      <li>InstallBionicHand</li>
      <li>InstallBionicFoot</li>
      <li>InstallBionicEar</li>
      <li>InstallBionicJaw</li>
      <li>InstallBionicSpine</li>
      <li>RepairClavicle</li>
      <li>RepairSternum</li>
      <li>RepairFirstRib</li>
      <li>RepairSecondRib</li>
      <li>RepairThirdRib</li>
      <li>RepairFourthRib</li>
      <li>RepairFifthRib</li>
      <li>RepairSixthRib</li>
      <li>RepairSeventhRib</li>
      <li>RepairEighthRib</li>
      <li>RepairNinthRib</li>
      <li>RepairTenthRib</li>
      <li>RepairEleventhRib</li>
      <li>RepairTwelfthRib</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedPowerArm</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicArm</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicLeg</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicHand</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicFoot</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicEye</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicEar</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicSpine</li>
      <li>InstallExoskeletonSuit</li>
      <li>CureInjuryBurn</li>
      <li>CureInjuryCrack</li>
      <li>CureInjuryCut</li>
      <li>CureInjurySurgicalCut</li>
      <li>CureInjuryScratch</li>
      <li>CureInjuryBite</li>
      <li>CureInjuryStab</li>
      <li>CureInjuryGunshot</li>
      <li>CureInjuryShredded</li>
      <li>CureInjuryBruise</li>
      <li>CureInjuryFrostbite</li>
      </value>
   </Operation>
</Patch>

Is this alright? Mehni's patch didn't I just want my argonian character to have a badass exoskeleton.
If I don't get mommy's miwkies with my tendies I'm gunna be reaw angwy >w<#

VeeCee

Quote from: Nat573 on November 24, 2018, 09:14:46 PM
I'm trying to patch this mod to work with the Argonians of Blackmarsh mod.
I used both Mehni and VeeCee's patches found on pages 37 and 38, but the log keeps complaining about the latter.

My patch was a while ago, and I haven't updated it... I really don't use aliens anymore. But, since you've summoned me...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Patch>
   <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
      <xpath>Defs/AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace[defName = "Alien_Argonian"]/recipes</xpath>
      <value>
      <li>InstallWoodenFoot</li>
      <li>InstallCochlearImplant</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticLeg</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticArm</li>
      <li>InstallHookHand</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticHand</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticFoot</li>
      <li>InstallArtificialNose</li>
      <li>InstallArtificialPelvis</li>
      <li>InstallNeurostimulator</li>
      <li>InstallHyporegulator</li>
      <li>InstallCortexaugmentor</li>
      <li>InstallJoywire</li>
      <li>InstallPainstopper</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticLung</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticStomach</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticLiver</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticKidney</li>
      <li>InstallSyntheticHeart</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalStomach</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalHeart</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalLiver</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalKidney</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalLung</li>
      <li>InstallPowerArm</li>
      <li>InstallBionicHand</li>
      <li>InstallBionicFoot</li>
      <li>InstallBionicEar</li>
      <li>InstallBionicJaw</li>
      <li>InstallBionicSpine</li>
      <li>InstallSpinalFusion</li>
      <li>InstallHumerus</li>
      <li>InstallRadius</li>
      <li>InstallTibia</li>
      <li>InstallClavicle</li>
      <li>InstallSternum</li>
      <li>InstallFemur</li>
      <li>InstallRibcage</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedPowerArm</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicArm</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicLeg</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicHand</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicFoot</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicEye</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicEar</li>
      <li>InstallAdvancedBionicSpine</li>
      <li>InstallExoskeletonSuit</li>
      <li>CureInjuryBurn</li>
      <li>CureInjuryCrush</li>
      <li>CureInjuryCrack</li>
      <li>CureInjuryCut</li>
      <li>CureInjurySurgicalCut</li>
      <li>CureInjuryScratch</li>
      <li>CureInjuryBite</li>
      <li>CureInjuryStab</li>
      <li>CureInjuryGunshot</li>
      <li>CureInjuryShredded</li>
      <li>CureInjuryBruise</li>
      <li>CureInjuryFrostbite</li>
      </value>
   </Operation>
</Patch>

This *should* work. It is, however, completely untested. I also didn't add the items from the "disabled" recipes. Basically, I cut out all the old recipes, and added in the new ones.

Hope this helps.

Nat573

Quote from: VeeCee on November 25, 2018, 12:18:41 AM
My patch was a while ago, and I haven't updated it... I really don't use aliens anymore. But, since you've summoned me...

This *should* work. It is, however, completely untested. I also didn't add the items from the "disabled" recipes. Basically, I cut out all the old recipes, and added in the new ones.

Hope this helps.

I don't believe it did, sadly. Thanks for the help, though. I'll try and mess around with the code and see what it wants from me. If I come across anything I'll make sure to post it on here.

Nat573

Yeah, it seems the Argonians mod is a rare exception to the "so long as it's patched it will work" rule. The mod author seems to have abandoned it and there isn't much info on how to patch it for use with this mod.

publicuser

Add some Simplified Chinese translations which untranslated based on existing translation, by master_wu. In attachment

[attachment deleted due to age]