[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBK

Quote from: bash23 on October 30, 2018, 10:54:54 AM
Hello, after installing your mod somehow it broke my Fabrication bench, I can't make advance components anymore

This happens if in the Fabrication bench already have been given bionic creation recipes.
- disable mod, delete bionic creation in bench, save game, enable mod.

Mosart

Hey Rah. I see that you added some organs adapting. I mean that I got "synthetic kidey (adapting)" when I installed synthetic organs.
But can it be healed or will pass after some time?

Upd:
Seems that gone in 2 days.

Rah

small fix: tend time counter now always visible. (used to disappear at 0% rejection)

Think3r

Dear Rah,

would you mind adding the costs of every body part you added or changed to the spreadsheet?

Sincerely

Ruisuki

arcotech vs rbse which is more difficult to buy/build/better at combat/efficiency? Im going for hardcore so i wanna know if it will surpass vanilla biotics

Rah

2.1 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Included mod settings button for RBSE.
* Can now toggle on/off active organ rejection.

Thanks a ton to forum member K for his DLL file!

@Ruisuki, if I understand you correctly I would say RBSE.
@Think3r, hi, I probably won't have time to do that right now.

moonra

First let me thank you for the mod, I like the balance a lot, I should try the Hardcore edition sometime.

Anyway, is there any way to add hands to the bionic parts? I know that's how it's in vanilla, but I upgraded my pawns and now my poor cybermages can't use their rings [Rimworld of Magic].

Also, minor nitpick: kinda silly that an artificial nose takes the same amount of work to make as a whole prosthetic arm.

Canute

moonra,
this problem allways exist since other modder add food&hand gear.
I gues you installed .... Arm's at your pawns, but these arm's remove the hand/finger abilities.
Instead to install .... Arm's you should install the ... Hand, similar to the legs use the foot if you use a mod with footwears.
Maybe the hand/food got a slighty less boost compared to the Arm/Leg ones but currently it the only way for your to use your rings.

moonra

But is it really impossible to do that manually? Not asking the modder to change it, just wanna know if there's a way for me to do it. I look around the files but saw no list of parts.
If I can't I guess I'll just edit the hand/foot bonus to match that of the whole arm/leg.

Thanks for the help, Canute!

Canute

A modder said me once, anything is possible to mod at Rimworld.
But since hands and footwear is a xml only mod, it would need a deeper understanding of modding (i guess).
But that you should ask a good modder :-)

moonra

Well, I couldn't even make a CE patch work, most I can do is just change numbers.

BTW I tried adding hands instead of arms like you said, but it doesn't work, it also adds removed hands and fingers as Hediffs. I "solved" it in a very hacky way, by just removing the Hediffs about the removed parts, so now my pawns have bionic arms with human hands at the end. No idea what kinds of issues that might bring up, what I might try to do is make the spine give the same manipulation bonus as itself and 2 advanced bionic arms, then restore torso on everyone and add bionic spines again.

Rah

2.2 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* New market values.
* Balance work and fixes.
* Removed synthetic organ adaption. (conflicted with rez. serum)

thanks to Bishop for his work on market values

Canute

Quote* Removed synthetic organ adaption. (conflicted with rez. serum)
too bad, i realy liked that feature.
Maybe create an addiction once you get synthic organs, so the pawn is forced to use antibiotica or other medic once a week.

Rah

Quote from: Canute on October 10, 2019, 03:20:26 AM
Quote* Removed synthetic organ adaption. (conflicted with rez. serum)
too bad, i realy liked that feature.
Maybe create an addiction once you get synthic organs, so the pawn is forced to use antibiotica or other medic once a week.

I might try to reintroduce it in some way at a later time.

Rah

hotfix for 2.2

* Fixed bug where smithing recipes would be set to crafting.
* Bionic tables now glow.