[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrowen

Hey everyone,

I cannot for the life of me figure out which mod is causing Rah's to break.  Whenever I load I get the following Debug Log.  Has anyone else run into this?

My Mods load:
Core
HugsLib
JecsTools
Rah's
... (bunch more)

Thanks for your time!
XML error: Duplicate XML node name graphicData in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="Advanced"><defName>ExoskeletonSuit</defName><label>exoskeleton suit</label><description>A high tech device made out of two components: a light skeletal structure and servomotors to make the user faster and stronger.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/Bionic2</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><statBases><MarketValue>2099</MarketValue><Mass>5</Mass></statBases><techHediffsTags><li>Advanced</li></techHediffsTags><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/ExoskeletonSuit</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><drawSize>0.80</drawSize></graphicData></ThingDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.XmlInheritance:CheckForDuplicateNodes(XmlNode, XmlNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodeFor(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodesRecursively(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodes()
Verse.XmlInheritance:Resolve()
RIMMSLoadUp.ParseAndProcessXMLPatch:Prefix(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML_Patch1(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

XML error: Duplicate XML node name graphicData in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="Bionic"><defName>BionicEye</defName><label>bionic eye</label><description>An advanced artifical eye. With its biogel nerve-link, internal signal pre-processor, and wide-spectrum sensors, it is better than a biological eye in almost every way. A lattice-dust healing system allows it to recover from damage.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/Bionic</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><statBases><Mass>0.3</Mass><MarketValue>718</MarketValue></statBases><techHediffsTags><li>Advanced</li></techHediffsTags><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/BionicEye</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><drawSize>0.80</drawSize></graphicData></ThingDef>

XML error: Duplicate XML node name graphicData in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="Bionic"><defName>BionicEar</defName><label>bionic ear</label><description>An advanced artificial ear implant. A collection of invisible subdermal microphones capture sound and transmit it to a biogel nerve interface that links directly with the auditory nerve. It's sensitive enough to hear a cat before you see it, can't be damaged by loud noise, and automatically tunes itself to pick out meaningful sounds in noisy environments.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/Bionic</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><statBases><Mass>0.1</Mass><MarketValue>378</MarketValue></statBases><techHediffsTags><li>Advanced</li></techHediffsTags><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/BionicEar</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><drawSize>0.80</drawSize></graphicData></ThingDef>

Canute

Hi,
did you try to use the adv. search of your file manager ?
If you use windows, just open the windows explorer, enter exoskeleton suit at the search field top right.
Maybe you need to enable that it search inside the files too.
Then check the search result's which mod beside RBSE got a hit.

redrowen

Thanks I got it sorted in the end, looks like Jabbamonkey's Graphic Overhaul was the culprit.  Which I expected from the start but made the mistake of not closing the debug menu after each MOD refresh so I kept thinking there was still an error  :-\

Think3r

Quote from: Canute on December 16, 2019, 05:23:30 AM
Warg's are vanilla animals (so far i remember) so "A dog said" should cover all their legs.
Does you made the right size for them. Maybe spawn a few different protethics just to test it out.

If nothing works it might be a mod conflct, try to move A dog said and releated mods to the end of the modlist.
If that still don't work, try to check if the mod works at last without all other mods (hugslib (to create fast test colonies) + A dog said), create a fast test colony, spawn a warg, tame it, spawn protethics (don't forget to finish the right researches) and try to install them).
Omg, thank you very much! Paws count to legs, indeed. I must have acted really dumb as I tried installing legs and arms several times, before. At least, that's what I think or thought? I don't know. I didn't change any mod order or similar. Thanks anyway!

Rah

2.4 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for 1.1. Compatible with Royalty DLC.
* Balance changes and minor tweaks.
* New bionic parts textures to match their vanilla counterparts.
* New white textures for Royalty parts to better fit the medical theme.

I will continue to do testing and monitor for problems, so let me know if you find a bug. Also if you're using the mediafire version, make sure to check in here for the following week as there might be some additional hotfixes / tweaks. And if you enjoy this mod and are feeling generous, feel free to send me a small coffee at the front page !

Enjoy <3

hotfix 1: fixed a bug with some recipes.
hotfix 2: few more small fixes
added new textures for bionic parts to better match their vanilla counterparts.
New white textures for Royalty parts to better fit the medical theme.

Bugglesley

Hello,
Thank you for making this mod and working to update it!

One issue, and I'm not sure if this was already in the hot fixes: sometimes when scars change from itchy to aching and so on, the pain from them shoots up to ridiculous amounts-- I had a pawn with 450% mind shattering pain from an itchy leg scar. There's a thread on the steam forums here https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1750150007019930737/ where someone else has a similar issue. They said they also had a prosthetics mod enabled, though not sure if it's yours-- it could be a problem with any mod that changes things to do with scars.

Thank you again for working on this!

Rah

Hi Bugglesley,

I'm not sure what that is. Maybe the wimp trait like someone mentioned? This mod just allows you to cure scars, it doesn't alter how they work.

hsum

Hello, I hope someone could help me with a problem. Whenever transplanting an organ the rejection percentage would go down but always stop on 0.1% in the rejection thing never fully "accepting(?)" the transplanted organ. D:

Rah

Quote from: hsum on April 19, 2020, 04:00:33 AM
Hello, I hope someone could help me with a problem. Whenever transplanting an organ the rejection percentage would go down but always stop on 0.1% in the rejection thing never fully "accepting(?)" the transplanted organ. D:

Hi sorry for the late reply. I will respond to issues faster on the steam comment page. With regards to your problem, transplanted natural organs will never be fully accepted by the body, but you can keep the rejection mild forever with decent care. If you want no rejection you can install synthetic organs.

Rah

2.5 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Now possible to install bought / found bionics with less research.
* Minor stat tweaks.

Jason_Dayspring

Never done any modding for this, beyond installing other people's work.  How hard would it be for me to edit the normal version of this to make it more reasonable in material cost?  I don't mind cheating and bounce into god mode on occasion, but it just bothers me that one limb contains a pile of materials the size of a small car. 

I'm not asking for anyone to make a cheaper version, just a bit of advice on how to edit it for personal use.  What steps, where the amounts are listed, etc.  I tried looking at a few XML files and got lost.  No idea what I'm looking at, or should look for.

Canute

Take a look at the Defs/RecipeDefs.
Since you prolly look for the 1.1 version, you should look for them at the 1.1 folder.
Recipe_AdvancedBionicsTable.xml
are the recipes for the adv. bionic ones at example.
All the .xml files you can edit with an texteditor. Mosttimes the syntax is pretty selfexplained, so you should find the ingredient list and modify it.
To keep it simple just lower the count of the needed ingredient.

You can try out
[KV] In-Game Definition Editor
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46983.0
which should allow you to edit them ingame too.