[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirDarin

Ooh, I'm really interested in this mod, but I'm not sure if I've gotten the right thing downloaded or set it up right. Currently, it shows up as red in the mod folder. In the mod folder it is listed as ChildrenAndPregnancy-master

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Dargaron on February 17, 2018, 09:08:15 PM
So, is there a console command/save edit to make sure a colonist gets pregnant on a certain date? I'd like to make it so that any new children are born on the first of a Quadrum so that I can keep track of their birthdays more easily. (More joy hours on a birthday, don't ya know.)
You could do this through the hediff dev command maybe? Not sure how to designate the father, though. The might require you to use the dev mode to setup a custom familial relationship after the baby is born. Haven't tried any of this.

Quote from: SirDarin on February 17, 2018, 11:59:14 PM
Ooh, I'm really interested in this mod, but I'm not sure if I've gotten the right thing downloaded or set it up right. Currently, it shows up as red in the mod folder. In the mod folder it is listed as ChildrenAndPregnancy-master
It's in red? I think that usually means wrong version.

SirDarin

Quote from: SirDarin on February 17, 2018, 11:59:14 PM
It's in red? I think that usually means wrong version.
[/quote]
I got it from the github link on the first page of this thread. The master branch is the correct one, isn't it?

Kori

Quote from: SirDarin on February 18, 2018, 07:19:15 AM
I got it from the github link on the first page of this thread. The master branch is the correct one, isn't it?

Yes, maybe you still have an additional subfolder from extracting the file.
Make sure that you see the About folder when opening the mod's folder.

Harry_Dicks

Well, this depends on how the mod author is using GitHub. Usually, it will be okay. I've had issues with this before about using the master vs releases page.

Anyway, if you've downloaded this https://github.com/thirite/ChildrenAndPregnancy/archive/master.zip and extracted it to your mods folder, I don't know what the issue is. Did you extract this over an older folder? Not saying you did, but if anyone else does this, I would recommend you do not do this. Go in and delete the old folder, and then extract the new updated version.

Also, go into the folder for this mod, inside of your Mods folder. Open up the About folder, and then the About.xml. What version does it say it's supposed to be?

Dargaron

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 18, 2018, 04:52:40 AM
Quote from: Dargaron on February 17, 2018, 09:08:15 PM
So, is there a console command/save edit to make sure a colonist gets pregnant on a certain date? I'd like to make it so that any new children are born on the first of a Quadrum so that I can keep track of their birthdays more easily. (More joy hours on a birthday, don't ya know.)
You could do this through the hediff dev command maybe? Not sure how to designate the father, though. The might require you to use the dev mode to setup a custom familial relationship after the baby is born. Haven't tried any of this.

Thanks, Harry_Dicks, but that was the first thing I tried: I gave a character the relevant Hediff and then used the give birth command. I got an error in return that there was "no father defined." That's why I added the part about "save editing," since that's my backup option: If I can figure out how a pregnancy is defined in the save file, then I can use that instead of the dev console.

Harry_Dicks

Don't forget that first stage pregnancy is usually a hidden hediff.

Kori

Thirite, the crib still has <WorkToMake> but requires <WorkToBuild> so it doesn't get finished instantly. :)

SirDarin

Quote from: Kori on February 18, 2018, 08:54:14 AM

Yes, maybe you still have an additional subfolder from extracting the file.
Make sure that you see the About folder when opening the mod's folder.
Ah, thank you. I apparently had the file inside a second folder which was causing the problem, so it went .../mods/ChildrenAndPregnancy-master/ChildrenAndPregnancy-master/About
I wouldn't have thought to check that if you hadn't mentioned to make sure About was visible when opening it. Thanks a ton! I can't wait to try this mod out.

Kondensator

What about compatibility with The Birds and the Bees? Is it working together or not?

Kori

Quote from: SirDarin on February 19, 2018, 07:50:23 AM
I can't wait to try this mod out.

I'm glad it works now! :)

Quote from: Kondensator on February 21, 2018, 08:18:35 AM
What about compatibility with The Birds and the Bees? Is it working together or not?

Not compatible yet.

Tapeshoe

Will this mod be fixed to be compatible with mods like Don't Shave Your Head! because I really wanna use this mod too.

Harry_Dicks

All we can do is hope that Thirite comes back soon. It's a shame that this can't work properly. I've gotten pretty much all the mods I wanted to work on B18 now, but this is one of the ones that I'd really like to try, but not if it gives messed up hair issues for lots of pawns.

But this is the only mod that has actual little babies and children. It looks so amazing.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Tapeshoe on February 21, 2018, 01:42:51 PM
Will this mod be fixed to be compatible with mods like Don't Shave Your Head! because I really wanna use this mod too.

I'm currently using this with Don't Shave your head. Haven't come across any major issues yet.

Tapeshoe

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on February 22, 2018, 08:50:56 AM
Quote from: Tapeshoe on February 21, 2018, 01:42:51 PM

I'm currently using this with Don't Shave your head. Haven't come across any major issues yet.

I have an issue where this mod causes the hair to pop out behind the hats, what load order do you have it in?