[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden506

Is there a steam workshop version? I saw a GitHub link but not a steam one.

Time_For_Crab

Is this compatible with Birds and bees and psychology?

Shigemi

Last time anyone reported on it Birds and the Bees prevents pregnancy from this mod. Psychology specifically lists that it is not compatible, but I think that issue is that they don't interact with each other rather than that they break the game or cause issues if used together insomuch that children created by this mod are not effected by the changes added by the Psychology mod. But don't anyone quote me on that.

KozmoD

Quote from: sidfu on March 20, 2018, 07:46:35 PM
Quote from: KozmoD on March 20, 2018, 01:02:46 PM
How playable is it in B18 ? Does it conflict with Simple Slavery ? Im really looking foward to update my game, but without this mod, it feels so empty.

should work fine with slavery. just remember toddler and babies cant equiip items

So I cant take a toddler/baby as a slave? I was messing around with God Mode and tried to capture a baby, the game freaked out a bit with error Messeges.

Time_For_Crab

Quote from: Shigemi on March 21, 2018, 09:26:50 AM
Last time anyone reported on it Birds and the Bees prevents pregnancy from this mod. Psychology specifically lists that it is not compatible, but I think that issue is that they don't interact with each other rather than that they break the game or cause issues if used together insomuch that children created by this mod are not effected by the changes added by the Psychology mod. But don't anyone quote me on that.

thank you

Ruisuki

You just quoted him! But yeah I remember someone mentioning it appearing odd that a mother had a 'deep conversation' with her infant child. Killface provided compatibility with facial stuff and this so maybe the OP plans to eventually add a patch for Psychology as well? Or maybe the OP of this mod plans to?

Ruisuki

do mothers produce milk? Are there any baby food recipes?

sidfu

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 30, 2018, 04:36:56 PM
do mothers produce milk? Are there any baby food recipes?

once they give birth they lactate for a while and u can breast feed the baby. its a job u canset

Sonsalt

The recent update for SKhardcore and your mod cause quite some issues sadly:

LOG: https://pastebin.com/kEjmKgLh
Load-order: https://pastebin.com/xqePX5tn

Lots of errors referring to an error in assembly loading.. caused by the childrens mod conflicting

KozmoD

So I tested and the game freaks out if I try to capture/enslave a baby. I was using dev mode to make traders/raiders give birth. Which gave me an idea, can you make traders/raiders have a chance of being pregnant ? I think it would be pretty cool if a caravan appeard and one trader gave birth in my colony, or a captured raider was in the early hidden stages of pregnancy and will eventually give birth. Just an ideia

Poczat

I dont have writing desk in rimworld B18, only crib is new item.

Please help

sidfu

Quote from: Poczat on April 01, 2018, 02:29:55 PM
I dont have writing desk in rimworld B18, only crib is new item.

Please help

wrong mod this doesnt add a desk this isnt the class room and children mod

Shigemi

Quote from: sidfu on April 01, 2018, 02:34:07 PM
wrong mod this doesnt add a desk this isnt the class room and children mod
in fairness, the first post of this thread DOES say the mod adds a writing desk...

"> Child stage at 3.5~ years. They can do nearly everything an adult can do, but with less speed/skill. Children will be able to study skills up to level 5 via new "textbook" items which can either be purchased from traders or crafted by sufficiently skilled colonists at a new "writing desk" workbench"

it was just either never implemented or removed.

Ruisuki

its part of the todo list. hopefully an update is coming soon for that and baby clothes

vlad_1492

Found an incompatibility- Set Up Camp 0.18 by Nandonalt

I was on a mission, one of my pawns gave birth. Finished mission, reformed caravan, baby worked like any other pawn.

On the way home, we made camp to get warm.

On breaking camp the baby was not recognized as a pawn in the form caravan menu. No way I could figure out to get the baby off the map.  Had to reload back to mission.  *might* be able to set up second settlement on the way home this time, have to give that a try.