[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos17

I don't have Steam version so I can't test these mods that add:
- different age make the child behavior different
- school for kids

So I'm just sharing them here if anyone would be interested since they could be great addons for this mod.

Slaugveng Moriar

The first of these mods will declare great. could you share it in the non-steam version here?

Chaos17

None Steam Link for:
- School for kids

Still waiting the reply for other mod.

Tenshi~Akari

So, I know progress on this mod has been stagnant for a few months, but really wanted to go back on one thing that I had mentioned several pages ago about the stages of pregnancy and adding a proper pre-labor/warning stage before pawns fall out ready instantly ready to deliver...

I wanted to see for myself how it would work out, but apparently the main thing that needs to be changed to make what I did work lies in the assembly file itself... of which I have absolutely no C# compile/decompile knowledge on how to make the change properly. However, after looking at how you set up how the "GiveBirth" Hediff gets added, if the line "if (this.CurStageIndex == 3)" under the "Hediff_HumanPregnancy" part were changed to 4, I'm guessing this additional stage to the Pregnancy Hediff I added in the XML file would probably work as intended, instead of triggering the "GiveBirth" tag on transitioning to it, since it's considering the value of the stage and not by labels. (Since my added stage bumps the old "having contractions" stage up one slot and all...)

Only reason why I really wanted to try & see if this works out: sometimes, not everyone is close enough on base to rescue mom when she falls out... especially if it happens in the middle of a raid. It'd be nice to have at least a short window of time where she could walk herself to the nearest med bed/her bed while the world is going crazy around her y'know...   8) But alas, I am stone cold dumb when it comes to advanced coding like this, if this was just an easy fix through XML editing, I wouldn't be on week 6 trying to figure what the heck to do with this adjustment.  :P

(And yeah, I followed the tutorials, but I'm not getting much luck and since so much is spread out between different programs, I'm easily twisted around with what can do whatever. DLL editing just isn't my forte... at least, not yet. I just don't have neither the drive or time to learn it correctly at the moment...  :'( )

Anyways... if we don't see any more updates for B18, I'm hoping at least this will be able to transition to 1.0 when the time comes? I know you've been either swamped, hung up on something, or just plain burnt out for there not to be any signs of activity. Hope all is well with ya, Thirite.

crustymonkey

Ok, done forked the github and added baby clothes so the little ones don't get frostbite when wandering about. Newborns still don't get clothes since I'd have to create a new job type and all so other pawns could clothe them seeing as they're incapable of movement at that age. Didn't feel like going that far. First time I've done something on this level with mods so there was probably a better way to code this stuff and the art is pretty basic but it seems to work alright. I've seen one or two minor bugs I've not bashed out but they seem harmless.
My fork
https://github.com/crustmonkey/ChildrenAndPregnancy

And of course Thirite is within his right to use, modify, or expand upon any of the changes I've made here if he finds them useful.

Kori

RikuOrihara

Thank you!

With Zombieland, i prefer to play on a cold map. Now i don't have to worry about the toddlers anymore :D

But can you make child clothe too? I really dont like, that they're  heads explode when they wear hats >__<
Also the thin adult body often has no 'pants', because adults and childs share it.
But the jacket (and similar mod clothe) looks cute on them.. Can you allow some clothe and some not? And make the others, so no glitches anymore?

Aside for zombie lovers. I had the hair glitch before. Now i use alien framework pregnancy (cause i have aliens too) and the glitch is gone i think :)

Brrainz

Quote from: RikuOrihara on May 24, 2018, 02:01:55 AM
Aside for zombie lovers. I had the hair glitch before. Now i use alien framework pregnancy (cause i have aliens too) and the glitch is gone i think :)
The glitch is gone because I added a fix for a bug in Zombieland that triggered the glitch. Zombies will now never be teens or younger but there is one finally bug that I have not addressed: if a human turns into a zombie and that human is not an adult, the glitch will be there for this particular zombie.

RikuOrihara

Oh! Then thank you very much Brrainz!
You said you can't do, so i thought it were the alien mod, cause i din't use it before.
I love that my zombie now can try to eat child brains without glitch!

Yeah... but, if its only at this time, it works for me. Cause, this will hopefully not happen often.
A final fix were still great. But i don't have any clue about modding, so only can ask and be grateful for the good work  ;D

Grillbye

Hi, I have a huge problem with that Mod. I'm on a non-steam and have B18 (updated my game yesterday..). I installed the mod but I keep having problems with it, I get an error log whenever I activate the mod. it mostly says that some pills, or hediffs, are just null or don't exist. I still get the crib in the furnitures tab though, but it doesn't serve any purpose since that's the only thing really here when I install the mod. How can I do ? And also, if I need to provide screens, tell me and I will. Thanks in advance !
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

crustymonkey

You have hugslib installed and activated as well. It's a dependency. I've forgotten a few times and I don't remember the exact errors but I do remember the mod didn't work at all without it.

Grillbye

Yes, I have  HugLibs installed and activated. I also have some others mods such as Hospitality, which DO requires HugLibs, aswell as Mending, Psychlogy(which also require HugLibs), and TechAdvancing. So does it mean I have to uninstall/deactivate HugLibs, or that I do need it, but even if installed, it doesn't work ?

crustymonkey

I was just hoping you had done something silly that was easy to fix. One other mistake I'm hoping you made. Sometimes when a mod is extracted from a zip file it gets buried in an extra folder, so for example the defs folder and the like would be located at mods/ChildrenAndPregnancy-master/ChildrenAndPregnancy-master/defs rather than mods/ChildrenAndPregnancy-master/defs. Note the redundancy in the first of the two paths.

If you didn't make such a mistake, then check to make sure that hugslib and any other big dependency type mods are just below core butbefore all the other mods. General load order for mods should be core first, libraries such as hugslib that are used by so many mods just after then all your content mods with some shuffling or removal of content mods sometimes necessary to remove conflicts. If shuffling stuff doesn't work then disable all mods besides core, hugslib and ChildrenAndPregnancy and see if the problem persists. If the problem does not persist then re-enable mods one at a time until something breaks again. Also, if you have trouble working it out yourself, posting pictures or error logs won't hurt.

Grillbye

.... I don't get any errors log anymore about something that would be missing. Yet I can't find how to actually test if the mod works 100% properly now. All I did was I uninstalled the mod, and reinstalled it. I also noticed that before, the folder was named "Children And Pregnancy - master" in the mod window on the game, and now it says "Children and Pregnancy - v0.4e". But still can only find the crib - any ideas on how I could test if it works  ? :/

crustymonkey

You can test it in dev mode. Set a man and woman colonist and let them do their thing. Check on the woman's health tab and turn on Dev:All Difs. This will then show "hidden" health effects such as early stage pregnancy so you don't have to wait several quadrums for midterm pregnancy to show. If it shows her having a pregnancy the mod is definitely working. It helps if the woman is younger, like in her twenties. You can also go to the "Debug Actions Menu" select "spawn direct thing. And then search for "Contraceptive" if it's there, then you know that part of the mod is functional. Probably everything will work just fine now since you reinstalled but you seem worried so there you go.