[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crustymonkey

Quote from: Mightycucumber on July 12, 2018, 06:28:27 AM
1) I've seen some people mentioning a GitHub fork of this mod that adds baby clothing, where can I find that?

Thirite merged the changes I made in respect to baby clothing so you can just download his official version from GitLab. Since he removed his content from Github, I went ahead and removed my fork so as to be consistent. If I ever decide to fork any of Thirite's mods again in the future it will be on GitLab.

Quote from: Mightycucumber on July 12, 2018, 06:28:27 AM
2) Is this mod compatible with this other mod? https://rim-world.com/children-school-and-learning-mod/

Last I checked they were more or less compatible with some changes to the default settings for "children, school, and learning" By default while running that mod, children are magically born as teenagers, thus skipping most of the content for CNP. But you can change the settings to allow the child to be born with an age of zero, thus enabling the baby, toddler, and child stages added by CNP. I think it would be neat to run a multigenerational colony using both of these mods, but by God, I don't have that sort of time.

Mightycucumber

Thanks for the feedback guys, downloaded both mods and applied the said changes by resetting the child generation age to zero. Now  let's wait for my three couples of colonists to get sum.  8)

Mightycucumber

Hey guys, a little doubt here: I sometimes see my colonist couples in bed with hearts over them (usually a sign of "had some loving" right?) but when I check their interactions nothing shows up. Is this normal behaviour in the vanilla game?

Hadley

It would be really net if we somehow could get this to work with Facial Stuff sometime after 1.0 comes out. The Children look really out of place when all other Pawns have RimFace/FacialStuff enhancements.

AnotherFireFox

As soon as my babies grows into toddler, they can't be cared since they're not "patient" anymore and don't do anything themselves because they have zero manipulation.

IT'S NOT FUNNY

My base is filled with endless crying of babies with constant bad mood since they feel filthy/hungry/tired yet no one cares them and they can't even SLEEP themselves

how can I manage this tragedy? I'm urgent

AnotherFireFox

Quote from: AnotherFireFox on July 18, 2018, 09:12:22 PM
As soon as my babies grows into toddler, they can't be cared since they're not "patient" anymore and don't do anything themselves because they have zero manipulation.

IT'S NOT FUNNY

My base is filled with endless crying of babies with constant bad mood since they feel filthy/hungry/tired yet no one cares them and they can't even SLEEP themselves

how can I manage this tragedy? I'm urgent

got it, it was clothing assign problem. They tried to wear adults' apparel 10 times per 10 ticks ended up doing nothing. I assigned them to wear nothing but children's cloth and they started to move.

AnotherFireFox

but why feeding child as a patient is prior than breastfeeding child?
Should I do micro all the time to breastfeed child?

and why can't I wash and breastfeed my toddler as soon as they're not baby anymore?

Chipmunk216

Question: does pregnancy not always become visible in the second trimester? One of my 45-year old colonists just went into labor with absolutely no warning and popped one out.

Granted, you hear news stories about this happening, but it's usually morbidly obese people...

AnotherFireFox

Mine keep saying this, any Harmony patch?

[HugsLib][ERR] Failed to apply Harmony patches for HugsLib.Children_and_Pregnancy_testing. Exception was: System.Exception: Exception from HarmonyInstance "HARMONY_PATCH_1.1.0" ---> System.Exception: Wrong null argument: br NULL
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader+<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<FinalizeILCodes>b__1 (Harmony.CodeInstruction codeInstruction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[CodeInstruction] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.FinalizeILCodes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 endLabels, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 endBlocks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodCopier.Finalize (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 endLabels, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 endBlocks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.MethodPatcher.CreatePatchedMethod (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, System.String harmonyInstanceID, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 prefixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 postfixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Harmony.MethodPatcher.CreatePatchedMethod (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, System.String harmonyInstanceID, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 prefixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 postfixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.MethodPatcher.CreatePatchedMethod (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 prefixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 postfixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.<PatchAll>b__6_0 (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[Type] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.ModBase.ApplyHarmonyPatches () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Ruisuki

Anyone know of any major incompatibilities? 

Waras

not sure if this has been asked, but I noticed child generation is too frequent, especialy in raids, sometimes raiders just come with all childs and it makes game too easy, all I have to do is bash them a few times and they go downed and they even cary assault rifles... (I play on Hardcore, Permanent mode)

sidfu

Quote from: Waras on July 30, 2018, 07:12:58 AM
not sure if this has been asked, but I noticed child generation is too frequent, especialy in raids, sometimes raiders just come with all childs and it makes game too easy, all I have to do is bash them a few times and they go downed and they even cary assault rifles... (I play on Hardcore, Permanent mode)

ages in raid are rng thats why u can have a raid with a mix one time then next be all old people and such

Ruisuki

child generation wouldnt impact other faction mods would it? Like say the federation or ferals from rimsenal? itd be weird if they brought kid version of their fighting styles

RAW PIIIG

Hello. Can you add ability to flog (or what is it called in english) children who have bad behaviour (Ex: They raided you, they did something bad. I know I made very good example.) It will create small debuff (like -6) but it will teach them a lesson))))

Clare

I am encountering a bug when trying to add this mod to existing saves. The work tab shows only a single character and they only have the first five tasks visible. It doesn't occur in new games. It is the only mod that I have installed aside from hugslib (B18 version).

Any ideas what might be wrong?