[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stratokrat

Hi there!
I'm just starting a new game on RimWorld V1, is there any Chance this Mod is going to be available on the current version soon?

sidfu

Quote from: Stratokrat on December 29, 2018, 04:09:19 AM
Hi there!
I'm just starting a new game on RimWorld V1, is there any Chance this Mod is going to be available on the current version soon?
check back some pages for a fan made update

kkira555

does the 1.0 update from cheran conflict with children school and learning?

Chezzprinn

Is someone game enough to take up full development of this mod?

Thirite hasn't been online since July 2018.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Chezzprinn on January 19, 2019, 09:33:58 PM
Thirite hasn't been online since July 2018.

Thirite sadly has became a Game Developer for his game, about penguins...

So i don't know if he's gonna return to this mod...

And i don't know who is actually working on this...

For now there is an alternative mod around here in this forums

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Thirite

Hey, I wanted to just pop in. I heard someone has made a working 1.0 fork? That's great! I hate to have abandoned this project but real life has given me no time left for maintaining this anymore.  I was midway through updating to 1.0 myself last month but hit a roadblock and never picked it up again. Heck, I haven't even actually played v1.0 yet. Hopefully someone else has the time that I used to to maintain the project.

Kirby23590

Welcome Back Thirite! :)

A lot of Things and had happened in this topic and there many posts made while you were away...

Chipmunk216

Forgive a noob question, but I don't understand the GitLab interface. Which file do I actually need to download to put in my mod folder?

Kirby23590

Quote from: Chipmunk216 on January 24, 2019, 09:41:04 PM
Forgive a noob question, but I don't understand the GitLab interface. Which file do I actually need to download to put in my mod folder?

Chipmunk, Look for the download button, it's a small cloud symbol with a down arrow with it,
when hovering your mouse cursor on it, it will say download...

It's in the left of "Find File" :)

I would recommend picking download zip...

lellel

Here is new update from 1.0 cheran version.

Bug (Children's top layer clothes do not display correctly) fixed by original author Thirite

https://mega.nz/#!MYkAjIDA!n7dpXceiG27AKfIW-n7gFjO8iVB8VjCfg6aNU9w3VKE

I hope that Cheran will merge this into his repository.

KozmoD

Its nice to see you are, you know, alive Thrite!

SansMasterBudaa :3

Quote from: lellel on January 25, 2019, 08:49:22 PM

Bug (Children's top layer clothes do not display correctly) fixed by original author Thirite

Thanks to update this beautyfull mod ;)

Kori

Quote from: lellel on January 25, 2019, 08:49:22 PM

Is it also a fix for the bug when thin pawns and children are wearing the same apparel?

Thirite

No, it wouldn't have fixed that issue. I think I understand why that problem exists in the first place so maybe I will be able to fix it. I think v1.0 removed hardcoded bodytypes so probably I can create a new one for children, so it doesn't overlap with Thin body drawing.

Kori

Quote from: Thirite on January 26, 2019, 02:36:30 PM
No, it wouldn't have fixed that issue. I think I understand why that problem exists in the first place so maybe I will be able to fix it. I think v1.0 removed hardcoded bodytypes so probably I can create a new one for children, so it doesn't overlap with Thin body drawing.

Why don't add apparel for children the same way it works for toddlers now?
All we need is a RimWorldChildren.childgear.CompProperties_ChildGear and we could clone any existing apparel, only change the defName, the label to "Children's .... " and add the CompProperty. Decreasing the material cost and market value would also be an option.
It wouldn't require any new textures or other additional work!

This would
-solve the bug
-add a lot of immersion (finally adults and children don't equip the same items anymore..)
-prevent potential incompatibilities with other mods that can arise with new bodytypes

It would be enough to have only a small set of apparel items available for children and they finally couldn't wear power armor anymore! Also it would be incredibly easy for everyone to add new items to this list if required. :)