[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Quote from: ssprenger13 on January 25, 2017, 07:39:06 PM
...Is it possible to get rid of the 'sharing room' debuff for parents and children (or just for children)...
It's already been fixed in upcoming v0.1d (for children).

Quote from: Tammabanana on January 25, 2017, 08:30:56 PM
On a completely unrelated note, Marco (grownup) ripped Wendy's (child) arm off during a social fight. Wendy started it, but maybe grownups need to pull their punches during social fights with kids. I also noticed that Wendy's parents were not mad at Marco about it, so maybe room for future enhancements there.
What an asshole. But okay, clearly I will have to get rid of adults having social fights with kids (unless they're psychopaths maybe). Replace it with "Disciplining child"?

@Cassiopea
Sound like a miserable "working as intended" situation.

Tammabanana

Quote from: Thirite on January 25, 2017, 08:51:17 PM
What an asshole. But okay, clearly I will have to get rid of adults having social fights with kids (unless they're psychopaths maybe). Replace it with "Disciplining child"?

Yeah - maybe resulting in a mood debuff for the kid, instead of injury?

And I think you mentioned a planned feature, to pick up a baby and put them in their crib? Something similar would be appropriate for older kids - if they pick a fight/misbehave, a grownup might pick them up and haul them off to their room to Think About What They've Done.

Miraculously, children will often actually go to their room under their own power just because you've yelled at them to do so, but I don't know whether that's easier/harder to implement.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

KageNoOni

Quote from: Cassiopea on January 25, 2017, 06:18:48 AMDo you have Fluffy's work tab mod?

I do indeed.  Which of the two bugs do you think is caused by the work tab mod?

Edit:  I went back to my game only to find one of my toddlers decided to throw a party for the whole colony.

Hydromancerx

I use the "Rumors And Deception" mod with this and my baby was sad that their grandma was spreading rumors about them. I just though it was funny cross mod effects.

Cassiopea

Quote from: KageNoOni on January 26, 2017, 02:30:16 AM
Quote from: Cassiopea on January 25, 2017, 06:18:48 AMDo you have Fluffy's work tab mod?

Edit:  I went back to my game only to find one of my toddlers decided to throw a party for the whole colony.
Have you added or removed a mod resulting in the worker database getting corrupted? The mod will warn you when it happens and since it rerolls work priorities for every pawn, I'm theorizing it's causing toddlers to do research and what not.

Archadeas

Quote from: Cassiopea on January 26, 2017, 06:29:56 AM
Quote from: KageNoOni on January 26, 2017, 02:30:16 AM

Have you added or removed a mod resulting in the worker database getting corrupted? The mod will warn you when it happens and since it rerolls work priorities for every pawn, I'm theorizing it's causing toddlers to do research and what not.
Is fluffy's tab loaded after this mod? I have this mod loaded last(well, last ish) and it seems to not have issues, then again I have 132 mods installed, so yeah...
Also, is it only me or does anyone else want to have "clone troopers" as soldiers?
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

Cassiopea

So I tried to corrupt the WorkGiver database intentionally. This is how it looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/iB276
Firefighting, Doctor, Warden, Cooking, Growing, Mining, Hauling and Cleaning are blocked and throw errors. It could be interpreted as the other jobs being enabled, like research and construction. And I did have a toddler researching and repairing in a previous session. Unfortunately, in this session I've already finished all research. I went ahead and added some weapon mod to get a new tech option but so far, the toddler didn't interact with the research table.

Here's the errors:

QuoteException in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalColonist TryIssueJobPackage: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[RimWorld.WorkGiverDef,System.Int32].get_Item (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.GetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 hour) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Psychology.Detour._Pawn_JobTracker:_EndCurrentJob(Pawn_JobTracker, JobCondition, Boolean)
RimWorld.Pawn_DraftController:set_Drafted(Boolean)
RimWorld.<GetGizmos>c__IteratorDC:<>m__2A1()
Verse.Command_Toggle:ProcessInput(Event)
Verse.GizmoGridDrawer:DrawGizmoGrid(IEnumerable`1, Single, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

tried to enable work Firefighter for Gracie, who is incapable of said work.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:SetPriority(WorkGiverDef, Int32, Int32)
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:SetPriority(WorkTypeDef, Int32, Int32)
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:InitPriorityCache()
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:GetPriority(WorkGiverDef, Int32)
Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker:GetPriority(WorkGiverDef)
Fluffy_Tabs.<>c__DisplayClass9_0:<_CacheWorkGiversInOrder>b__1(WorkGiver)
System.Linq.<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToArray(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.QuickSort`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1, SortContext`1)
System.Linq.<Sort>c__Iterator21:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings:_CacheWorkGiversInOrder()
RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings:get_WorkGiversInOrderEmergency()
RimWorld.JobGiver_Work:TryGiveJob(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Psychology.Detour._Pawn_JobTracker:_EndCurrentJob(Pawn_JobTracker, JobCondition, Boolean)
RimWorld.Pawn_DraftController:set_Drafted(Boolean)
RimWorld.<GetGizmos>c__IteratorDC:<>m__2A1()
Verse.Command_Toggle:ProcessInput(Event)
Verse.GizmoGridDrawer:DrawGizmoGrid(IEnumerable`1, Single, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Full log.

KageNoOni

Quote from: Cassiopea on January 26, 2017, 06:29:56 AM

I have made no changes to the mods since creating this colony.  I also do not get any errors like the ones you describe, or any errors in red that would automatically pop up the debug log.

Edit: Well, I get the occasional "corpse has null inner pawn" or "tried to give <pawn> <task> but there was no task to give" type errors, but I get that even in vanilla.

Edit: Got back home, loaded up my game, and now that I have children old enough to work, I'm getting those errors for the first time.  When the toddlers were doing research was before seeing this error.

Quote from: Archadeas on January 26, 2017, 07:24:12 AM
Is fluffy's tab loaded after this mod? I have this mod loaded last(well, last ish) and it seems to not have issues, then again I have 132 mods installed, so yeah...
Also, is it only me or does anyone else want to have "clone troopers" as soldiers?

I'm currently at work, so I can't check the order of the mods, and I don't remember off the top of my head which one is first.

Edit: Ok, back home, looks like I have Children and Pregnancy loaded immediately after core, with WorkTab loaded much later.

Thirite

Version 0.1d available! Check the OP, as usual.

- Mostly fixes done; contraceptives and abortions should be working again.
- Messages related to pregnancy are considered "good" (blue envelope)
- Fixed the bug resulting in potentially ludicrous number of birthings in a row
- Hopefully fixed the bug resulting in children dying when spawning injured in a cryptosleep casket
- Fixed/Rebalanced pregnancy tears to have some actual risk
- Toddlers now grow little mops of hair at 2yo. They also now walk upright at this point, though I can't remember if that was already the case or not.
- I've added a fleshed out "English" language folder that acts as a template for translating the mod into other languages. I know recently lots of Russian players have become interested in the mod, particularly. I forgot to finish this actually, fug

Things not fixed yet:
- I still haven't taken a look at the whole LordToil "Can't reach map exit" bug. Crossed fingers that it went up in a puff of smoke
- Adults still will gleefully beat the shit out of kids in social fights

lilymortis

Could you possibly remove the 'cabin fever' debuff for children too young to wear clothing? Also, most kids are walking at just past a year, almost all by 18 months, two years is a long time, perhaps 1 year 2 seasons would be more realistic.

Thirite

Quote from: lilymortis on January 26, 2017, 11:38:46 PM
Could you possibly remove the 'cabin fever' debuff for children too young to wear clothing? ...

Oops, forgot to fix that. Updated the download link in the OP with fixed version. As for the walking, I'll probably have to tweak it later. For now, 2 years is just an easy number to remember when programming. I'll have to make actual methods "CanToddlerWalk" etc. in the future.

KageNoOni

Current (minor) bugs I've noticed

When a child changes stages (in bed to crawling, crawling to walking) the graphic on the colonist bar doesn't update.  So when a kid starts crawling, I have to quit the game and reload for the image to switch from a baby in bed to a baby crawling.  Same when they start walking.  I suspect becoming an adult will probably be the same.

When a child is able to start working, if you select that child then click the Character button, it will still show dashes through all the skills, indicating being incapable of the various forms of work, despite now being able to do the job.  Once again, a save and reload is required to update this.

Edit: Almost forgot.  Every time I load the game, I get a new notification of pregnancy for each pregnant colonist, even if there is already a notification up.

Edit again:  Purple Meniño just had a baby girl.  Irgo 'Salamander' Meniño.  While I like the new "Newborn baby" pop up, "Salamander has given birth." is the not the notification I expected when I moused over it.

Thirite

Weird... for whatever reason the variable determining if the pregnancy has been discovered or not is not being saved.

KageNoOni

So, no comment on how babies are giving birth to themselves according to the notice? :P

Tammabanana

Quote from: Thirite on January 26, 2017, 10:48:04 PM
Version 0.1d available! Check the OP, as usual.
Things not fixed yet:
- I still haven't taken a look at the whole LordToil "Can't reach map exit" bug. Crossed fingers that it went up in a puff of smoke

I'm continuing to see all my traders/caravans in the new save exit the map properly. I think it was related somehow to the dead kids at the edge of the map - both of those bugs' resultant corpses despawned on save/reload, for me.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo