[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenpotatoes

My first experience and only experience so far has been buying a 13-year old slave off some pirates, who then proceeded to get their head crushed by falling space debris.

I laughed, then I realized I spent 1k silver on him early-game. I'm pretty certain the pirates did it.

Icefrenzy

Quote from: Thirite on January 21, 2017, 12:14:35 PM
Well I guess I can't really blame another mod for this LordToil error anymore, though I can't imagine why my mod is causing it. Fug.

@Radijs
Haha, yeah I've since fixed that too. I made the mistake of using an offset of -1 to disable manipulation rather than using setMax 0.

Yeah I also took a look at the code and couldn't figure out what's causing the incompatibility. My guess was the injector bits but I'm not entirely sure since I tried an edit on it and it didn't quite do anything...

Tammabanana

Bug report: I just got a popup happily announcing that Ashe, who I Prepared Carefully to start the game at middle-stage pregnancy, was pregnant! But... she hasn't given birth to the first one yet. Now she has two pregnancy hediffs, one on Whole Body and one on Torso, and the -15% moving has stacked to 30%. (Fibrous mechanites are making up for it. :P)

This is in-game day 15 - I assumed the PC'd pgcy would have moved from middle-stage to late-stage around this time. I suppose it would be the day that a pregnancy that started from zero on day 1 would have announced itself, too.

Screenshot, output log, save game: https://github.com/Tammabanana/Miscellaneous-logs/tree/master/ChildrenMod%20test%201-21-2017%20dual%20pgcy
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Cassiopea

Some more observations and thoughts.

- I swear I didn't enable toddler labor! http://imgur.com/a/hyFIO
And yeah that's Stepan, 6 months old being a mechanic and a researcher... talk about it potential!
This funky bug is the result of fluffy's work tab mod. Whenever you add/ remove a mod or steam knocks off your load order in a client update  ::), the worker database gets corrupted and fluffy's mod reroll it. I really don't mind it, I'm just posting it to add to the known issues list.

- My toddler threw a party. While it's adorable, I think he has yet to understand the concept of social gatherings. That being said having a birthday party would be neat. Not one every year but three special ones to celebrate their progress from baby to toddler to child and then to teenager. It would be extra neat if it's recorded in the history tab.

- How about interactions with a baby/toddler/child resulting in positive moodlet? Much like being nuzzled by an animal with +8 from a baby, +6 from a toddler +4 from a child. They are after all a source of hope for the colony and would work well in a narrative where you're settling in for the long term and not rushing a spacecraft.

- Would it be possible to include some kind of clothing for babies/toddlers? Just one item akin to tribal wear that would raise their, um, thermal resilience. I might or might not have a toddler fall unconscious after wandering for too long in the fridge.

And finally concerning the bug of dead raider / traders on arrival. It also happened to me on a fresh game with no other mods aside from hugs lib and mods backup list. I basically built a box and spam spawned drifters and town traders and sure enough, the children were dead on spawn. Log is here:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/7ead4839d9bf9ae325b5135259e34e87

Curiously, after exiting to the menu and starting another colony with the same conditions,  I was able to spawn child drifters and traders and they were alive and with gears. I used the explosion tool to clean them after taking screenshots and it stopped working. The explosions were doing zero damage to pawns and environment. I had this bug earlier in a modded game but I crossed out as being a conflict. But now it appears to be an artifact of your mod. The log was filling up with errors and warnings so I couldn't upload it but here's a copy of some of it:

Exception drawing Human_Corpse13905: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at Verse.Corpse.get_InnerPawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Corpse.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

And some screenshots if it's helpful: http://imgur.com/a/KIaqM

I will try to reproduce this issue and get some workable logs. Moreover, I had some issues where raids didn't spawn at all after receiving the alert. And I also had four different raids at the same time from the same event. I accepted a rescue call and the raid generation fired 4 times back to back sending four different groups of the same enemy faction. It happened, however, in a modded play-through.

lilymortis

The toddlers definitely need some sort of clothing, my toddler has just had a mental break because of cabin fever (no, you can't go outside, it's too cold... sure, have a tantrum. Ben, why are you drinking? Ben? Oh look, intoxicated and unconscious toddler...)

So,my wishlist for this mod; that you can equip them with tribalwear so the mobile little feckers can play out, cribs and sleeping mats so they can crash out in various spots (or remove the 'slept on floor debuff - I've got kids, they really don't care), also handy would be removing the shared room debuff, so you can stick them in with their parents or a shared nursery.

Thirite

@Goldenpotatoes
Seems like something the kind of people dealing in child slavery would do for laughs

@Tammabanana
Ah, I'll have to make pregnancy enforced to only be on the torso. I guess I missed that.

@Cassiopea
Good suggestions, I've taken note of them. I still haven't added hair to toddlers, but clothes will come- corresponding to tech level as well.

Techgenius

I rather clone myself a hundred times and let 'em turn vat-grown adults than raising a child in rimworld. Perfect place to breed Sly Marbos rocket wielding 4 year old rambos. Man, I mean, I already got depressed when my labrador got eaten by a warg, imagine having a kid roaming around.. I.. guess thats just life.

Cant wait for cloning, vat-growing children, genetic tempering, perfect engineered mates and order 66 features.

Thirite

Growth vats and cloning are already on the todo list- Of course I'm trying to fix the most flagrant bugs before adding new features.

Edit: Finally reproduced children spawning in dead. Investigating now.
Edit2: Oh for fuck's sake. The Pawn_HealthTracker* considers pawns incapable of moving as needing to be "downed" which then decides whether or not to randomly kill them. The reason I never saw it before was because I was using the "No RNG in Death" mod which disables the random death from getting downed. God that's stupid.

Edit3: Version 0.1c available

- Fixed trader/raider/visitor children randomly dying on spawn

No RNG in Death is now redundant to the code of Children & Pregnancy but shouldn't cause errors if loaded alongside it.

lionessJess

Ive had two male pregnancies... not sure if that is supposed to happen?!  :P

Cassiopea

Quote from: Techgenius on January 21, 2017, 09:54:18 PM
I rather clone myself a hundred times and let 'em turn vat-grown adults than raising a child in rimworld. Perfect place to breed Sly Marbos rocket wielding 4 year old rambos. Man, I mean, I already got depressed when my labrador got eaten by a warg, imagine having a kid roaming around.. I.. guess thats just life.

I had a pirate raid drop pod inside the nursery where a baby was there. I naturally save scummed like there was no tomorrow.

Hydromancerx

Using 0.1c and now I cannot feed the baby. :(

Archadeas

Does this work or have any plans of working with The Birds and The Bees mod by fluffy? It adds a fertility function and I would find it odd to have children after losing their reproductive organs after a mortar shell.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

Tammabanana

Quote from: Thirite on January 22, 2017, 12:00:38 AM
Growth vats and cloning are already on the todo list...

Growth vats question: are you talking cloning chambers to produce adults, or uterine replicators to incubate babies (either from conception, or transferred due to maternal health/preference), or possibly both?

Quote from: lionessJess on January 22, 2017, 03:46:47 AM
Ive had two male pregnancies... not sure if that is supposed to happen?!  :P

Oh, man, I totally want implantable uteruses for male colonists. See how you like it.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Thirite

> Male pregnancies
Haha, that's undoubtedly the cause of letting the pregnancy hediff be generated for pawns. I've disabled that in 0.1c.

@Hydromancerx
Oh boy. Going to try to reproduce now.
Edit: Still working for me. Could be caused by a mod conflict?

@Archadeas
Quote2: Can't say for sure as I haven't used it. Though it might be interesting to make male colonists incapable of Lovin' if they had their family tree blown off. I don't know exactly what B&Bs adds, but it would be preferable to have the pregnancy affect the uterus rather than the torso.

@Tammabanana
I'm planning for it to basically be an accelerated growth chamber that can accept one or two gene samples. One sample would produce a clone and two would emulate a normal pregnancy. Right now I've only got a WIP graphic; you can take a look in the Source/blend folder to see what it looks like for now.

Archadeas

The mod adds reproductive organs to both male and female pawns as well as add fertility, after they get too old, they lose their fertility and go through menopause for women and males become impotent. It also allows you to sterilize any pawn, like prisoners and animals. I can imagine this mod being great for something like a mars colonization.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?