[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidfu

if u use any custom races ore mods that modify races u need to change the humanlike race xml or u have conflicts.

mosts of the changes will just be to add the ages and such or change the ages for teen and others

Thirite

Alien Races Framework and Children & Pregnancy are not compatible. Do not attempt to use them together.

S K S

Hello, great mod! I just wanted to say that I am coming across a problem that I can't seem to fix: any time a child is added to the map that is injured (like in an escape pod), the child automatically dies. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but debug log comes up every time this happens so I was wondering if it is a bug? http://imgur.com/a/a20Bg There's a link to the debug log

Edit: I also had a lesbian become pregnant, while sleeping in her own room... working as intended? haha

Thirite

Ah right, I noticed that bug before too. I'll need to change the GiveInjuriesToForceDowned to somehow not kill kids- I assume the injuries are intended to down an adult but are enough to kill a child, basically.

As for the lesbian getting pregnant, that's probably due to the pawn generator adding it- I've disabled that, but haven't uploaded the newest version as I still have some issues to fix.

Tammabanana

Bug report, I think, unless you planned for multiple-baby pregnancies: Hannah just gave birth to septuplets. Very Rimworldy! How am I going to feed them all?? It's mid-winter!

Log and saves:
https://github.com/Tammabanana/Miscellaneous-logs/tree/master/ChildrenMod%20test%201-23-2017%20many%20babies

The first save was taken after... like... baby #4? At that point I wasn't sure it was ever going to stop. The (2) save was taken after all of them had finally been delivered and Hannah stopped having contractions.

...now I shall be testing the contraceptives.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

metky

I love this so much!

However, Grandma just got into a social fight with baby Newton. And while I'm technically okay with that in Rimworld (child abuse is a thing irl), I'd love if there was a way for this to cause a social debuff for the relationship between Newton's parents vs Grandma. Not sure about the feasibility of this, maybe similar to the "Cheated on by..."?

Thanks so much for all the effort and for sharing this with us even unfinished

Cassiopea

Quote from: Tammabanana on January 23, 2017, 08:38:40 PM
Bug report, I think, unless you planned for multiple-baby pregnancies: Hannah just gave birth to septuplets. Very Rimworldy! How am I going to feed them all?? It's mid-winter!

That's awesome! I hope you keep a small chance to birth more than one child. Also, I'd like to add to the known issue registry. I've added Outfitter to my load order and there's a small conflict when a baby progress to toddler. Outfitter tries to make them wear clothes which loops this error :

Nana started 10 jobs in one tick. thinkResult=(job=Wear A=Thing_Apparel_FSCargoShorts253793 sourceNode=RimWorld.JobGiver_OptimizeApparel) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_OptimizeApparel
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])

It's easily avoidable by assigning an outfit with no selected clothes to the toddler.

sidfu

Exception from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Combat_Realism.FireMode].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[FireMode] (IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.CompFireModes.ResetModes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Verb_ShootCR.Notify_EquipmentLost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CompEquippable.Notify_EquipmentLost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_EquipmentTracker.Remove (Verse.ThingWithComps eq) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_EquipmentTracker.DestroyEquipment (Verse.ThingWithComps eq) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldChildren.ChildCode._CheckForStateChange (Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker _this, Nullable`1 dinfo, Verse.Hediff hediff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.AddHediff (Verse.Hediff hediff, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.AddHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldChildren.Hediff_Baby.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffMaker.MakeHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.BodyPartRecord partRecord) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.AddHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldChildren.ChildCode._GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Faction.GenerateNewLeader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef facDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.GenerateFactionsIntoWorld (System.String seedString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld (Single planetCoverage, System.String seedString, OverallRainfall overallRainfall, OverallTemperature overallTemperature) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.<CanDoNext>m__527 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

couldnt even try it as it prevented map gen just cause of combat realsim

KageNoOni

I'm having a repeated bug where giving birth doesn't remove the pregnancy, or the giving birth Hediffs.  The result is the mother just keeps having children one after another with out end.

Exception ticking Purple: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorldChildren.Hediff_HumanPregnancy.DoBirthSpawn (Verse.Pawn mother, Verse.Pawn father, Single chance_successful) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldChildren.Hediff_HumanPregnancy.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: I'm basically having to save after the mother gives birth, edit the save file, remove the Pregnancy and Giving Birth hediffs manually, save the changes, then reload my save in RimWorld.

ajaviide

i had 6 babys also on my pawns second pregnancy :D I did save/load after 6th hoping it fixes the bug and it did! :) But they ate so much, i could not feed them, but i could not kill them either, so i just stopped playing that game :D

Arigas

You can remove it by using the Restore body part option in the dev menu as well. Its what I use for unwanted pregnancies :P

Rocket_Raccoon

Great mod :)
Testing it with a new colony, works good so far, first newborn is now a toddler, 2  women are pregnant mid-stage.
However, it is - 12° celsius~ outside, and the toddler does not wear clothes i tryed to enforce. Thus, being totaly naked, it is restricted now to parents bedroom, with all the negative debuffs that bringt it with it :/

enduron

Quote from: Arigas on January 23, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
Is that a bug with this mod? I had assumed it was another one >.>

I was running with just Core and Children active. Whatever caused it seems to be stuck in the save file.  I started a new game with v 0.1c , 2 years have passed and no LordToil errors. Caravans and visitors are behaving normally :)

KageNoOni

Quote from: Arigas on January 24, 2017, 11:05:51 AM
You can remove it by using the Restore body part option in the dev menu as well. Its what I use for unwanted pregnancies :P

I could do that, but that removes some of the other things the mod does, such as the mother being incapable of moving for a day or so after giving birth, some bleeding, and a tear.  Also, I'm trying to play w/o the dev menu as much as possible.

CathDubh

Will there be compatibility with combat realism in the future, or is not feasible?