[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

@KageNoOni
Odd, I'll have to investigate that further. I'm itching to add more features but I would rather have it bug free before that...
Edit: Alright, fixed. Looking for some other small fixes I can patch quickly before pushing v0.1h

@Anmer
Please refer to the OP to make sure you're not using any incompatible mods, and if the problem persists, post your modlist

New version available: v0.1h v0.1i
Fixed:
- (sane) adults will no longer start social fights with children, but tell them off or discipline them instead
- resolved the issue with 'ResolveAgeGraphics' throwing errors due to being erroneously applied to non-humanlikes
- abortions (again)

ithikari

Thirite

Nope. I don't plan to put any of my stuff on steam; having mods locked behind a wall of DRM that legitimate owners of the game cannot access because they use the DRM Free version of RimWorld is not something I support or would engage in. While I could do something like putting a link to the forum in the mod description, I have had a strong dislike of Steam ever since they tried their paid mods scheme and would just prefer not to use it at all.

XeoNovaDan

Manually installing mods for RimWorld is far from rocket science anyway: just paste the folder of the mod you want to install into RimWorld's 'Mods' folder. This is still doable with the Steam version - as I myself also use the Steam version.

The only downside to not installing mods via steam is that they won't automatically update nor notify you of updates, but that's nothing a little check of the mod page can't clear up. It's not as hard as you may think

Thirite

I just wish HugsLib or something had a "new update available!" functionality for mods. Checking through each one is certainly a huge pain with 50~ mods installed

Tammabanana

Quote from: Thirite on February 09, 2017, 07:27:49 PM
New version available: v0.1h v0.1i
Fixed:
- (sane) adults will no longer start social fights with children, but tell them off or discipline them instead
- resolved the issue with 'ResolveAgeGraphics' throwing errors due to being erroneously applied to non-humanlikes
- abortions (again)

Awesome! Do kids still start social fights? If so, will the adult still engage? (Wendy started it, after all...)
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Thirite

Oh, I suppose I hadn't thought of that. I don't mind children starting social fights with other children, but with an adult seems absurd.

GIFShinobi

Just found something weird . . . some kids even though they aren't incapable of anything are capable of certain tasks . . . is that a bug?

Tammabanana

Well, absurdity is something they're good at; I've had a few punches thrown at my legs (as high as they could reach  :P ). I'm not sure whether it's easier to turn off starting fights with adults at all, or to make the adults respond with discipline/telling off instead?
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

KageNoOni

For some reason, the game is repeatedly giving me log messages about resolving age graphics for my entire colony.

Salamander
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorldChildren.ChildGraphics:ResolveAgeGraphics(PawnGraphicSet)
RimWorldChildren.ChildGraphics:_ResolveAllGraphics(PawnGraphicSet)
RimWorldChildren.Hediff_Baby:TickRare()
RimWorldChildren.Hediff_Baby:Tick()
Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker:HealthTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

And a quick link to show it in action.

Thirite

Ah, just a harmless debugging message I forgot to remove. Not indicative of any problem, only worry if you get a Log.Warning or Log.Error

travin

Quote from: Thirite on February 10, 2017, 04:43:24 PM
Oh, I suppose I hadn't thought of that. I don't mind children starting social fights with other children, but with an adult seems absurd.

We have plenty of colonists that are high maintenance, so why wouldn't the children be any different? And why wouldn't our immature adults fight with children, as they do in real life? It could count toward social development scores.

Thirite

Well, because it typically results in the child being severely wounded or dead.

travin

Quote from: Thirite on February 11, 2017, 08:50:05 PM
Well, because it typically results in the child being severely wounded or dead.

How is that different than any other event in this game? And what prevents such interactions from being variably attenuated for children, or not?

This isn't to advocate physical abuse of children, or children abusing adults (because that happens more often than you'd believe) but humans are humans and these things happen. But not everyone that would physically hurt a child would have the aim to severely injure them, so damage done could be varied to that colonists personality, just like anything else in this game. And a colonist abusing a child could raise an alarm similar to a hostile intruder, bringing others to their aid--parameters like a major/minor break.

Thirite

@travin
Social fights between adults and children will still be entirely possible if the adult is a psychopath, but I'm not going to have any random colonist willing to beat a kid to death because they got insulted or the kid punched them in the leg. Sane adults will already physically discipline children if they're in a bad mood and get offended (not tested though, but probably works), or tell them off if they're in a good mood. Kind colonists on the other hand will never hit a child but will still tell them off.