[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonelyNeptune

Small bug - if the mother has bionic legs after giving birth, her movement will be above 0% and the "Recovering From Giving Birth" status doesn't make her bedridden. Currently the status gives -100% to movement. If it instead set the maximum movement to 0%, it might work as intended.

Anyway, great mod! I had been waiting for something like this to be made for a while and you integrated it into the game marvelously. Well done. I'm excited to see where you go with it in the future :)

Psyckosama

Quote from: Thirite on February 13, 2017, 10:17:13 PM
@Psyckosama
I'm planning to implement similar functionality, but won't be using B&B itself.
[/quote]

Cool.

Quote from: Thirite on February 10, 2017, 02:49:24 PM
Nope. I don't plan to put any of my stuff on steam; having mods locked behind a wall of DRM that legitimate owners of the game cannot access because they use the DRM Free version of RimWorld is not something I support or would engage in. While I could do something like putting a link to the forum in the mod description, I have had a strong dislike of Steam ever since they tried their paid mods scheme and would just prefer not to use it at all.

Honestly I'd suggest that strongly. Steam's Autoupdate feature is extremely useful.

QuoteAdding to that, they're trying paid mods AGAIN. So don't expect to see anything of mine on the workshop.

It doesn't apply to Rimworld. Expressly forbidden in the TOS.

That said here's hoping when they do they don't do it like idiots. Having a built in Tips-Jar or a built in  "Patreon" style function would be a world better than the idiocy of selling mods.

Thirite

New version available - v0.1j
Changes:
- Social fights between adults and children are now functioning as intended
- Mod will throw errors on game start if it detects incompatible active mods

@Psyckosama
That's not the point. It's the fact that they don't give a damn about modding communities, the fact that they wall off their downloads behind DRM so people with the sendowl client can't access content, the fact that the only thing they care about is money. I'm not interested in engaging with a service so staunchly against the very idea of free open source software.

Goldenpotatoes

You CAN download workshop content if you don't own the associated game, either through a site or a browser plugin. The issue is that developers can choose to block this feature from their game's workshop. I know Rimworld does this, along with some other titles like XCOM 2. Blame the developer for choosing to do this, not the workshop itself.

ChaosKillerX7

Wanted to jump in regarding B&B...

Having both mods, it doesn't seem to throw any incompatibilities. B&B still has its fertility + reproductive organs and if one is infertile/organs destroyed, they aren't bearing children.

This has been through a playthrough of about 15+ hours, I'll see if it ends up being conflicting, however.

Jagerius

Hi!

First I would like to say that this is a great mod and compliments to the author for all the work involved.

I wanted to ask if this mod is incompatible with MISC mods? M.A.I and robots to be precise? The robots one doesn't work (the hauler and cleaner bots can be placed, but when pressing "Activate" nothing happens), M.A.I works, but it got the sprite of a baby . At first, after beign built, it appeared headless.

Any idea how can I fix this? Cheers!

Thirite

Eh, weird. I can't say I know how the mod works but by the looks of it it detours the pawn rendering methods as well to make a robot. I guess the two aren't compatible.

Hydromancerx

robotguy4

I once made a mod that allowed you to accelerate aging. Would you like me to update it to A16?

Dragoon

Quote from: robotguy4 on February 18, 2017, 03:53:29 AM
I once made a mod that allowed you to accelerate aging. Would you like me to update it to A16?

YES! :D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

robotguy4

Quote from: Dragoon on February 18, 2017, 09:54:22 AM
Quote from: robotguy4 on February 18, 2017, 03:53:29 AM

YES! :D
K. It's been a while since I touched Rimworld modding and I was never incredible at it.  I just got my tools working again, though.

Last time I had it working was in A14. I never released it as I had trouble finding a way to apply the accelerated aging without it becoming a micromanaging nightmare. A16's drug system might solve this problem.

Thirite

Should be pretty easy with a drug- have the drug 'high' be a hediff which incrementally ages up the pawn every tick of the hediff class. I think there's a method called AgeTick or something similar in the Pawn_AgeTracker class which you could execute manually to speed aging. If you called it once per frame of the hediff you'd effectively double age speed, if you called it twice per hediff tick you'd triple it etc.

robotguy4

Quote from: Thirite on February 18, 2017, 08:24:24 PM
I think there's a method called AgeTick or something similar in the Pawn_AgeTracker class which you could execute manually to speed aging. If you called it once per frame of the hediff you'd effectively double age speed, if you called it twice per hediff tick you'd triple it etc.
Yeah, that's basically what I did.

I got my accelerated Hediff working again on A16, but I can't seem to get my new drugs to work. I keep getting an error.

If you would like, I could send you what I've got so far.

KageNoOni

Using the Children and Pregnancy mod with Misc Robots and Misc Robots++.  No errors, no incompatabilities.  When I activate the bots, I briefly (1 frame) see the sprite for a newborn baby, then the correct sprite takes over.  This only happens once per bot, and deactivating and reactivating the bot later shows the correct sprite.  In case it matters, I have Children and Pregnancy loaded before Misc Robots and Misc Robots++.

Edit:  I should probably mention I'm still on version 0.1i, since 0.1j just freezes RimWorld on load for me.

Seeker89

Could be the bot ageing? I thought about this with mai too