[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

@s3gur0
Ah, sorry about that! But I guess it's to be expected with an unstable mod still in development. ×_×

@WalkingProblem
Nope, unfortunately not. That will require Harmony integration and then a LOT of testing.

GIFShinobi

Quote from: Thirite on June 01, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
@s3gur0
Ah, sorry about that! But I guess it's to be expected with an unstable mod still in development. ×_×

It's fine :D I think this mod is awesome and they should add it to the core.

@Walking Problem

what mods are incompatible with Starship trooper: Arachnid mod?

Sniper Pilot

Yes, thank you for your continuous hard work you make this game so much more enjoyable and your effort shows. Even though it's WIP it's been playing so well that I forget it's not a "released" mod. A testament to your achievement and skills! Cheers!

demeggy

Sadly, my 30yr old female pawn doesnt seem to be getting pregnant, despite going at it twice or thrice a day for an entire year. Any theories? Not on contraception.

GIFShinobi

Quote from: demeggy on June 01, 2017, 06:38:12 PM
Sadly, my 30yr old female pawn doesnt seem to be getting pregnant, despite going at it twice or thrice a day for an entire year. Any theories? Not on contraception.

This land is barren . . we must move to another . . . Lol. The mod is still buggy due to the core's update. Thirite is fixing at the moment. Let's be patient.

Orpheus

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on May 28, 2017, 11:10:23 PM
Quote from: Orpheus on May 28, 2017, 03:32:51 PM
Apologies if you're already aware of this, but there is a rather unusual bug which can sometimes occur during childbirth.  On rare occasions, a baby is born, but the 'giving birth' state does not end.  This results in a potentially enormous number of children from a single labour (Engie, bless her little heart, made it to nine babies before I removed the pregnancy condition using dev mode).  Had I not intervened, I think she would probably have continued spawning, for want of a better phrase, until she died of starvation.
On one hand, having nine new colonists was lovely.  Sadly, everybody starved to death before Engie's brood were able to contribute anything to the colony.  It was pretty tragic, realizing that the four surviving infants were the only human beings left on the map, while the base burned down around them and manhunter wargs circled hungrily...
I didn't get any popups or logged errors when this happened, so I don't have a clue what exactly went wrong.
Doctor: Push, Engie, Push!
*pop*
Doctor: Well, will you look at that! It's a beautiful baby boy!
*pop*
Doctor: Oh wow, it looks like we have twins!
*pop*
Doctor: Ow! What just hit me? *looks at ground* Wait, another baby? You had triplets?
*pop*
Doctor: Ok, this is just getting ridiculous.
*pop*
Doctor: Engie, stop pushing!
*pop*
*pop*
*pop*
*pop*
Yeah, that's pretty much how it went down.
Sorry for the delayed reply.  This was using 0.1j, and the Engie Incident happened with a doctor assisting.  I also had the same thing happen later, with an unassisted birth.  She was a melee master, she went berserk and killed her husband.  I stopped my other colonists from shooting her, because I do have a slight shred of humanity now and then, but then she killed them too.
I stopped her spawning after 5 babies, and somehow she and all of them survived.  Though the kids grew up eating the defrosted flesh of their father and wearing babygrows made of his skin...
Later, she got pregnant by a new recruit, and the whole pregnancy and birth worked like it was supposed to, without the endless loop.

Thirite

New version available - v0.2C
Changes:
- Fixed undying pawns (this time hopefully for real)
- Fixed women never getting pregnant (tested only briefly, looking for feedback)
- Converted changes made to the Humanlike RaceDef to a patch using new A17 feature

GIFShinobi

Quote from: Thirite on June 02, 2017, 01:21:25 AM
Changes:
- Fixed women never getting pregnant (tested only briefly, looking for feedback)
- Converted changes made to the Humanlike RaceDef to a patch using new A17 feature

OMFG thank you!

Sniper Pilot

You are a god among men Thirite! Now its even harder that I won't be able to boot up RW for another 2 days lol. 

Quote from: Thirite on June 02, 2017, 01:21:25 AM
Changes:

Hadley

Ok my Pawns can die and can get pregnant now. I'll play more and see if everything looks right.

Rocket_Raccoon

Awesome and thank you for your fast work!

PerunPerunowy

Thanks Pal
I wanted to start my new scenario with Children (it is necessary for this scenario goals)
Now i can make a REAL COLONY

Exortus

Hi,

Before I write anything else, thanks for updating the mod! Sadly I had some problems though.
I have encountered some strange stuff with the latest version, namely:

Very frequent mental breaks, like every other minute (phoebe, rough).
Pawn (child) being decapacitated in severe pain, with capable body parts (at least that is my assesment, could be false).

Thirite

Children being downed with less pain is intended; kids cry about the tiniest scratch right? So their pain tolerance is lower than an adult's. I'd need some details about the mental breaks though. A screenshots of the pawn's needs menu might shed some light.

Hayden

About to start either a tribal or medieval only playthrough. I'd love to use this mod with it. Would it create any problems? Like, you don't need any advanced stuff for pregnancy to work, right?