[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

@Lennbolt7
All those mods are not incompatible per se, they are just missing checks to ensure the relevant pawn is at least a teenager or greater. This would not even require detecting if C&P is running as vanilla has Humanlike age stages 0 through 2 (Baby, Toddler, Child) which I simply add content to.

PixelBitZombie

I agree it's fair to say that too. Even though it works it does stop FEATURES from working, which does mean incompatible. However, most people would be in awe in how I get 120 mods to work together without any issues. Well let me tell you, it takes time and a lot of patience and figuring out which mod I want more.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Thirite

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on July 15, 2017, 10:47:55 AM
...The only thing I've seen is kids having random urges to ask for hook-ups, but THANKFULLY every single time it fails, which I guess has to attribute to the age checks already implemented in C&P already since the vanilla interactions for attempting to woo other colonists also fails? Not sure, but this happened a lot before I turned the rate down in that RD's options, so I think it's safe to say on my end kids won't get caught up in the "romance" side of things, despite what additional orientation traits they're generated with in that mod.
Interestingly enough, it's vanilla that's stopping this from happening. If I recall correctly, the way attraction is coded results in men having zero attraction chance to girls under 16 and women have zero attraction to anyone a few years younger than them. So theoretically a couple could form between a teenage-girl/boy or girl/girl but I've never seen it bappen. And even it it did, it would simply result in a "childhood sweetheart" thing as both parties must be teenagers for Lovin to be able to occur.

Soupy Delicious

Haha men not being attracted to girls under 16... They'd be getting pretty desperate out on a rimworld I'd say ;P

Dragoon

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 16, 2017, 12:09:37 AM
Haha men not being attracted to girls under 16... They'd be getting pretty desperate out on a rimworld I'd say ;P

Have to agree, cannibalism 100% fine. Slave trading 100%. Mass murder, people slowly starving to death, Giant creatures of mind destruction 100% fine. 16 and 20-year-old hooking up on a dying world filled with death and sorrow. AWWW HELL NAH.

Joking aside it's quite an interesting, and ongoing topic as we both want realism but some people don't want that level of it, while others do. One issue we won't be discussing here as we should try to keep politics out of gaming ( especially one based on semi-realism) I know I know, it's too damn late for that. BUT WE HAVE TO TRY DAMNIT!!!! Plus if we want to chat about that it should be done on another thread. Not saying you or anyone else were going to. Just saying before anyone starts.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Dragoon on July 16, 2017, 12:26:41 AM
Joking aside it's quite an interesting, and ongoing topic as we both want realism but some people don't want that level of it, while others do. One issue we won't be discussing here as we should try to keep politics out of gaming ( especially one based on semi-realism) I know I know, it's too damn late for that. BUT WE HAVE TO TRY DAMNIT!!!! Plus if we want to chat about that it should be done on another thread. Not saying you or anyone else were going to. Just saying before anyone starts.

although I was having a bit of a laugh about such a fat inconsistency that goes against everything else about rimworld (like you pointed out) it is definitely an important topic.  This is the place to discuss it, though, because this mod is already rolling at good speed and Tynan sure as he'll isn't going to fix the problem.

Not saying we should start seeing that old coot with creepy breathing getting it on with an 8 year old (though it'd probably happen out on a desperate colony somewhere :P).  We should, though, not be so restricted by silly taboo.

Thirite

Some taboos are silly, some exist for logical reasons that have been selected for in human history. eg: Incest is taboo because it causes deformed children; while sex in the modern world is no longer necessarily equal with a high likelihood of pregnancy, it remains a taboo from traditional and evolutionarily selected psychological biases. Pedophilia is taboo because it typically causes psychological trauma that lasts throughout the person's life, irreversibly damaging them and potentially their success in adulthood. While I strongly believe in, "It's just a videogame, it's not real life; stop getting so butthurt", it's certainly not my plan to make a mod which is tailored so degenerates can enact their fantasies. The difference from, "You can make a couch out of human leather! You can feed this baby to your pigs!" is that while comically terrible, they don't attract fetishist bottom-feeders.

Rimrue

Could you make it so at least the older teens have a chance of forming a romantic relationship with each other? I've got a pair of 17 yr olds who are good friends and highly compatible, but have 0% chance of romance. It just seems odd they'd wait till they're 18 to consider starting a relationship. Lol

Soupy Delicious

Yeah, basically I still agree there needs to be a line drawn.  I'm argueing that it's drawn too far back.

I've identified that theres a definite difference between violence and sexual pleasure.  Id like there to be a slight, but not to slight chance for, say, a 30 year old to get with a 15 year old depending on how empty the colony is.  That IS entering the realm of where bottom-feeders, like you say, will be getting interested, but I feel that everything else in the game lets me pretend that it's a real colony of real people, and this problem breaks the illusion for a minute.  It's not that a big deal, but :3

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Thirite on July 16, 2017, 02:07:29 AM
Incest is taboo because it causes deformed children; while sex in the modern world is no longer necessarily equal with a high likelihood of pregnancy, it remains a taboo from traditional and evolutionarily selected psychological biases.

Pedophilia is taboo because it typically causes psychological trauma that lasts throughout the person's life, irreversibly damaging them and potentially their success in adulthood. While I strongly believe in, "It's just a videogame, it's not real life; stop getting so butthurt", it's certainly not my plan to make a mod which is tailored so degenerates can enact their fantasies. The difference from, "You can make a couch out of human leather! You can feed this baby to your pigs!" is that while comically terrible, they don't attract fetishist bottom-feeders.

The taboo with incest is slowly changing. The genetic argument is only true when practised over generations ( intermarriage between nobles for example )
The argument of the freedom of choice for two "consenting adults" is starting to change the perception.
In Sweden "related couples" are even officially allowed to marry and have children, after a psychic consultation.
( I googled this a few days ago .. because I was curious myself ) 

The argument against pedophilia is, that it breaks the unwritten law of "consenting adults" and is most of the time also
based on the abuse of a position of power. ( parents, teachers, clerics, trainers as examples... )
Thus It falls under the umbrella of rape. Which I think we should completely leave out of rimworld.

Historically adulthood itself is quite the blurry line, which changed ever so often.  So there may be some wiggleroom for improvement.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

tyriaelsoban

I've never manually modded rimworld before and ive been following this thread for a while; how do i install it?

SpaceDorf

How to Install a Mod in RimWorld DRM Free or From non Steam Sources.

1.) Download Mod.
2.) Copy Mod to some folder to unpack.
3.) Copy unpacked Mod Folder to folder "Mods" in your Rimworld Folder.
4.) Start Rimworld.
5.) Click on Mods
6.) Activate the Mod.
Restart.

Done.

Listen to the sudden chant "one of us .. one of us .. " while a cold shiver runs down your spine, because you know you are hooked now.

tyriaelsoban

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 16, 2017, 09:56:23 AM
How to Install a Mod in RimWorld DRM Free or From non Steam Sources.

1.) Download Mod.
2.) Copy Mod to some folder to unpack.
3.) Copy unpacked Mod Folder to folder "Mods" in your Rimworld Folder.
4.) Start Rimworld.
5.) Click on Mods
6.) Activate the Mod.
Restart.

Done.

Listen to the sudden chant "one of us .. one of us .. " while a cold shiver runs down your spine, because you know you are hooked now.

I dont see what i can identify as a mod on that github, is it something i have to be logged in to see? or is there a specific file there im just too blind to notice?  ::)

SpaceDorf

There are different Kinds of Download possibilities.

thirite has yet to create a release version of his mod, which I assume he did not, because it is still a Work In Progress.
What you see on GitHub is the whole mod. Folder Structure and everything.
To download it use the green button in the upper right .. which is labeled "clone or download"
after clicking you get the choice between "open in desktop" or "download zip" .. download zip is the obvious answer here.

and don't forget to download Hugslib because it is required by C&P and has to be before C&P in the mod load order.
When you expand your modlist, you will soon notice that Hugslib is the One mod that goes right after Core in the load order :)

PixelBitZombie

We should remember this mod is about Children and Pregnancy only. Rimworld itself does the lovers stuff, this just add onto that. It sounds like some of you want him to make this mod insure pawns can have sex with each other based on different factors, which I won't name and that isn't what this mod is about.

It's about adding a way to get more colonist, dynamic gameplay, immersion. Simply, just babies and pregnancy. Not ways of perverted sex.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"