[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidfu

Quote from: Thirite on July 28, 2017, 05:52:23 PM
@sidfu
Right now the only mods I predict that will clash with it are ones that modify pawn drawing in a way that doesn't take children's smaller scale into account. But they should only cause visual oddities, not straight up fail at patching. If you post your full player.log file I might be able to get a better idea where this "Wrong null argument: br" is coming from.

@tyriaelsoban
Haha, oh fug. I completely forgot about rerouting baby mental breaks to "Have a tantrum". I'll add that to my todo list.

found the culprit. its alien framework. i think the thing u did to fix the graphic thing is what caused the harmony patch failure. when u put out the first version with harmory i didnt get that error so had to be a fix u did for the graphic error.

Names are for the Weak

Am I stupid? I've read that I need to drag the mod into the mod folder for rimworld, but I can't find it. Is it under config? HugsLib? Saves? I'm really confused. Can you provide me with a map? I'm in *username*, AppData, LocalLow, Ludeon Studios, RimWold by Ludeon Studios.

tyriaelsoban

Quote from: Thirite on July 28, 2017, 05:52:23 PM

@tyriaelsoban
Haha, oh fug. I completely forgot about rerouting baby mental breaks to "Have a tantrum". I'll add that to my todo list.

Wait, what ... that was a bug in 0.3 too? xD
I hadnt updated yet when i made that comment.

Also, when using dubs hygiene and central heating mod, the babies ... well, they shit the bed alot not being able to move and all, the only workaround ive found thus far is to medbed them,

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on July 29, 2017, 03:33:23 AM
Am I stupid? I've read that I need to drag the mod into the mod folder for rimworld, but I can't find it. Is it under config? HugsLib? Saves? I'm really confused. Can you provide me with a map? I'm in *username*, AppData, LocalLow, Ludeon Studios, RimWold by Ludeon Studios.

Yikes, you don't want to put it in that one, that's where all your game/config save data is. You want to go to the file that has the main Rimworld .exe file to start up the game. That same folder is where you'll find the Mod folder. (In this case: RimWorld1557Win if you have Windows. At least, that's what it is for me...)

------------

Oh yeah... I came back because I figured out my problem... Faction Colors 1.4 initial update was causing the issues. After removing as many traces of the mod that I could, everything popped back into place like it should. A huge gaffe on my part, I didn't even think to check & see if that was an issue, because I was trying to test an armor piece I was working on that I wanted to have multiple colors. Too bad, gonna have to scrap that until that mod is properly updated...

zakthefallen

If you have Rimworld on Steam for Windows, then your mod folder is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

5katz

theres some error wit hthe harmony patches and alien framework, it makes worldgen impossible, heres the error it throws after trying to generate a world: https://pastebin.com/7WfHgi8D

Names are for the Weak

Quote from: zakthefallen on July 29, 2017, 08:41:36 AM
If you have Rimworld on Steam for Windows, then your mod folder is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods
Thanks! I think I got it. I'm supposed to put HugsLib in the mods folder as well, right?

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Names are for the Weak

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on July 29, 2017, 12:34:53 PM
Should I put C&P INTO HugsLib?
nope

in the mods folder like hugslib ..
to be sure check the folders of the mods ( hugslib and c&p )
if they have the following subfolders :

about
defs
textures
ressources

those have to be directly in the root folder of the map, otherwise rimworld will not find the ressources it needs.

Names are for the Weak

In both mod folders? The subfolders are there for C&P, but not in Hugs.

Edit: Nevermind, the subfolders are in Hugs after all.

Dragoon

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on July 29, 2017, 01:35:36 PM
In both mod folders? The subfolders are there for C&P, but not in Hugs.

Edit: Nevermind, the subfolders are in Hugs after all.

No just put the mod in the mods folder for rimworld. You don't put the mod in another mod's folder.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Names are for the Weak

Wait, should I put both mods into the core folder? Sorry, I've never modded a game like this before. I'm used to simply subscribing to mods on steam.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on July 29, 2017, 01:51:28 PM
Wait, should I put both mods into the core folder? Sorry, I've never modded a game like this before. I'm used to simply subscribing to mods on steam.

NO !

you have to put both mods into the MODS folder.

Core works just like another mod.
if you open it you see the structure I mentioned .. About, Defs, .. alot of them ..

in the mod folder there should me alot of folders named by numbers .. those are the mods steam installed ( because steam is an asshole, to laze to use names )
If you open them you should see again the same structure ..
Interesting for you is the about folder .. there is the description and the picture you see when selecting the mod ingame.

Names are for the Weak