[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Here. You just drag and drop. Make a folder for the contents if the file is not just a folder packaged like this.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Names are for the Weak

Ok, I can finally see it on my mods list. But it claims that it's for a different version.

Names are for the Weak

Question: How likely is it that a colonist will get pregnant after getting some lovin'?

Names are for the Weak

I'm getting this error message. Mod ChildrenAndPregnancy-master has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.17.1557</targetVersion> How do I change the target version? What file is it located in?

SpaceDorf

It is in the about file ... in the about folder.

Most common case for this, ist that the folders are not direct subfolders of the Mods Main Folder

like this : Rimworld\Mods\C&P\AnotherFolder\About

It should look like this :

Rimworld\Mods\C&P\About ..
Rimworld\Mods\C&P\Defs

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Names are for the Weak

Ok, I found the about file. It's an XML document. I can open it, and see the target version in it, but I don't know how to edit it. There is no button that allows me to edit it.

SpaceDorf

I have to ask .. are you trying to troll us or are you in serious need of some basic pc lessons ?

if you opened the xml file with IE you can't edit it.

Use a texteditor, it is nothing more than plain ascii text,
also if the wrong version is shown, you either have the wrong version of C&P or still A17a instead of A17b ..

and in addition to my last post, if the file structure of the mod does not look like I discribed .. IT IS WRONG ..

Names are for the Weak

I swear I'm serious. I'm worse than your grandmother when it comes to computers.

EDIT: I installed a text editor and changed the target version to 0.17.1557, which is the version I'm using. Despite this, it's still not working.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on August 01, 2017, 02:28:48 PM
I swear I'm serious. I'm worse than your grandmother when it comes to computers.

EDIT: I installed a text editor and changed the target version to 0.17.1557, which is the version I'm using. Despite this, it's still not working.

My Gran is great with computers .. she just keeps away, no problem at all.

Tenshi~Akari

@Names are for the Weak:

Go back to your mods folder & open this mod's folder up when you get a chance...

By what folks have said here to you & what I've seen, if you're on Windows & have RimWorld through Steam, and if you extracted the C&P mod folder as is from the .zip file into the Mods folder, it should look this way as of the most recent update thus far if this is your first time adding the mod files to your computer...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\ChildrenAndPregnancy-master

Does the address bar at the top of the file system read exactly like this when you left-click the white space to the right of all the text in it in Windows Explorer window?

If yes, are you looking directly at the mod's sub-folders that should look like the attached file?

...or are you looking at yet another folder named "ChildrenAndPregnancy-master" instead that, when you double-click it,  has those pictured files actually in it?

It really does sound like if it's still not working after changing the version file, this has to be a case of doubled-up folders... I've done this often myself in the beginning due to accidentally extracting files into a new folder, when there mod was already properly set up to just extract without putting it in its own name folder on my end.

(Also noting, if the About.xml file had "0.17.0" as the version before, it still should've run without throwing wrong version errors. Looking at my mod list with this included, this is the case for me & I haven't had any instance of errors from this or any other A17 mod that keeps the version number simplified like that.)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Names are for the Weak

Ok, I do have doubled-up folders. Maybe that's the issue. I'll check.

EDIT: So I extracted the master folder out of the other master folder, and now it's working fine. Thanks, SpaceDorf, for your patience in helping me mod a game for the first time, and thank you, Tenshi~Akari, for helping me with the final problem!

Tenshi~Akari

No prob. Glad you got it fixed is all.  ;)

-------

Just wanted to report in, not an error, but went back to using Misc. Robots/Misc. Robots ++ in-game. I'm guessing now that those two mods rely more animal based than human-like pawn-based & C&P now more Harmony based that they work fine together w/out graphics glitches like mentioned a couple of versions before (especially back in A16). No errors or anything happening on my end, they seem to be working fine together as expected.

Haven't tried Misc. MAI yet... I'm tempted to, but I think I'll hold off on that until I'm ready to start another save file just in case. Current colony is steadily growing so I want to see how long it will last.  :D

hawkinator

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on August 02, 2017, 08:11:31 AM
No prob. Glad you got it fixed is all.  ;)

-------

Just wanted to report in, not an error, but went back to using Misc. Robots/Misc. Robots ++ in-game. I'm guessing now that those two mods rely more animal based than human-like pawn-based & C&P now more Harmony based that they work fine together w/out graphics glitches like mentioned a couple of versions before (especially back in A16). No errors or anything happening on my end, they seem to be working fine together as expected.

Haven't tried Misc. MAI yet... I'm tempted to, but I think I'll hold off on that until I'm ready to start another save file just in case. Current colony is steadily growing so I want to see how long it will last.  :D

Excellent news! I may have to add in Misc. robots now...

Names are for the Weak

Well, I've been having a blast with this mod so far. I just had my first child, a beautiful baby boy named Eduard Singleton, though I've nicknamed him Eddie. And when I said beautiful, I meant that literally. He inherited his father's looks. And his mother's hardworking nature. His mother's already pregnant again, and I think that after she's given birth again, I'll use Catholic contraception, i.e put the parents in separate beds, because I don't have any actual contraception yet. Say, can mothers have twins?

hawkinator

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on August 03, 2017, 07:04:37 PM
Say, can mothers have twins?

IIRC They can if the Random Number Generator gods smile on you. It is supposed to be quite rare though, never had it happen in one of my games.