[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexandritePhoenix

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 31, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: AlexandritePhoenix on January 31, 2018, 03:26:55 PM
Definitely most of my babies are missing a significant amount of fingers and toes before they become children.

Well, that's worrying. Anyone else have that issue? I have the mod installed but haven't gotten around to actually playing with it yet, and this has me worried. I think this might be a stupid question - but pawns would not "refresh" their body when they change life stages, will they? Like from baby->toddler, or child->teenager? Uh, last dumb question - once a child becomes a teen in game, that will use the adult body types, yeah? I think it could be fun watching your small 12 year old turn into a giant hulking teenage boy overnight :P

It's just that they're cold with no clothes and the cold tends cause frostbite.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: AlexandritePhoenix on January 31, 2018, 07:41:59 PM
It's just that they're cold with no clothes and the cold tends cause frostbite.

Hah! I thought you could have meant that, but wasn't sure ;)

ajaviide

Hey guys, this is one of my favorite mods!
But i cant seems to get this to work with zombieland (wanted to try that mod) all zombies hairs are rendered too low(shoulder height).
After disabling some mods i singled it out to children and pregnancy, anyone know i i can fix it or  should i forget this idea?

Thx!

kiesu

Yo. There was talk about this mod being made compatible with Birds and Bees, but I haven't been following RimWorld mods for a while. Do these two mods play nice together yet, or should still be played separately?

Kori

Is anyone playing with the Children, School and Learning mod
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1225716710&searchtext=pregnancy
and could give some feedback on how both mods work together?

From what I understood, when I add the Learning-mod and set the age for newborn pawns to 0, the C&P mechanics won't be altered at all and the only difference will be the added skill inherit- and teaching-mechanic, is that correct? Because that is what I want. :)

Edixo

If you use a healer mech serum on a person that's on contraceptive, it removes the contraceptive, and more importantly, wastes a healer mech serum.

pls fix
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

KageNoOni

Ok, came across a strange bug.  Right after a colonist had a baby, I would get the same debug error about an index being out of range, and it kept re-appearing, and referenced the colonist in question, Pruitt.  The food, rest, joy, and mood meters all maxed out and would not change.  Screenshot  Also, the debug log (and any other debug item such as debug actions) got bugged in appearance, when looking at the mood tab for that colonist.  Also, it caused some errors, a lot of them.  One error in particular repeated hundreds of times once the game loaded up.  Output_log.txt  Zipped copy of bugged save file

I managed to fix this, by opening the dev console, killing the colonist, spawning in resurrector mech serum, and having a colonist resurrect her.

KageNoOni

Quote from: Edixo on February 04, 2018, 01:06:14 AM
If you use a healer mech serum on a person that's on contraceptive, it removes the contraceptive, and more importantly, wastes a healer mech serum.

pls fix

Made a patch that fixes that.  Children and Pregnancy Fix

Shigemi

Quote from: Kori on February 01, 2018, 07:52:21 AM
You have to load Children school and learning in first but after the last update he made yesterday they now work together properly in a saved game. My littluns have been going to school for the last couple days now and it's great. I've got a mother due to give birth in 4 days so I'll add an edit here when that happens to let you know if that works as it should.

Kori

Quote from: Shigemi on February 06, 2018, 09:03:48 AM
Quote from: Kori on February 01, 2018, 07:52:21 AM
You have to load Children school and learning in first but after the last update he made yesterday they now work together properly in a saved game. My littluns have been going to school for the last couple days now and it's great. I've got a mother due to give birth in 4 days so I'll add an edit here when that happens to let you know if that works as it should.

That would be great, thank you!
What age have you set for newborn children? 0?
And how do you know how many days exactly it will take until she gives birth?

Harry_Dicks

Can anyone post a non Steam link to the latest version of Children, School and Learning, please? Thanks! ;D

SarcFa

So I got a 10 jobs assigned in 10 ticks error when one of my colonists tried playing with a baby when assigned to childcare, and it happened everytime she tried to play with the baby. Tried with other colonists and the same error happened. Tried changed mod load order to see if that had the off-chance to fix it, and the error still occurred.

Log I had: https://pastebin.com/eT37ZyML

My mod list if it's relevant: https://pastebin.com/AFLaV5Gf

Kori

This mod also seems to be a good addition for C&P players, it introduces birthday parties:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1208781538

Harry_Dicks

Thirite

Not every modder has their mods hosted outside Steam so you will have to either ask the modder themselves to upload to a non DRM locked filehost or ask someone using a steam version of the game to share their mod files with you.