[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Shigemi

Quote from: Kori on February 06, 2018, 12:14:43 PM
Quote from: Shigemi on February 06, 2018, 09:03:48 AM
Quote from: Kori on February 01, 2018, 07:52:21 AM
Is anyone playing with the Children, School and Learning mod
and could give some feedback on how both mods work together?
You have to load Children school and learning in first but after the last update he made yesterday they now work together properly in a saved game. My littluns have been going to school for the last couple days now and it's great. I've got a mother due to give birth in 4 days so I'll add an edit here when that happens to let you know if that works as it should.

That would be great, thank you!
What age have you set for newborn children? 0?
And how do you know how many days exactly it will take until she gives birth?

Sorry, I've been in the hospital for a bit and I'm only home for a day before I have to go back so I haven't had time to play test. I do have the newborn age set to 0 and set the learning age from 4-14. I put Dev mode on made hidden health defs visible so it shows me the early pregnancy stage and a countdown 'till birth.

Thirite

You can always perform the "Determine Pregnancy" procedure on any female pawn to reveal if they are pregnant or not (it has no risk unlike surgeries), though it won't tell you specifically how long it will take to give birth like in dev-mode.

Dark_Author

I love this mod, but is there anyway to modify/edit it (or the game itself) to age colonists or children faster?  I have never lasted long enough to see a baby grow up.

Harry_Dicks

Thirite, after talking to the author of Zombieland about an issue users are having when combining that mod and yours, the author said this about zombie's hair being rendered too low when using Children and Pregnancy:

Quote from: pardeike on February 09, 2018, 04:08:12 PM
Since a lot of internal properties are stripped of zombies so you can actually have more than a thousand on the map without your computer crapping out on you, the chance to get this working without adapting the other mod is minimal. I think mods need to recognize zombies, general pawns with less complete attributes or have reasonable fallback plans.

I will post a link to the mod below. Is there anything you could do to help us out? Or maybe make it so that your mod can recognize zombies, so as to not affect their rendering options? Anything you could do to help, would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32601.0

Kori

I would like to second that!

If you could add a small check please so that zombies (pawns without an age property) aren't affected by your modified rendering, that would be amazing!

Quote from: Shigemi on February 09, 2018, 12:03:15 AM
Sorry, I've been in the hospital for a bit and I'm only home for a day before I have to go back so I haven't had time to play test.

No problem, get well soon! :)

Harry_Dicks

Woohoo now that I've got the updated Children, School and Learning, this is going to be great. I'm also going to be running the mod Colony Leadership, with it your leaders can teach a class of certain skills that they are well versed in to other adults. So now I will be able to have class for children, and class for adults, fuck yeah! Also, haven't tried it, but I'm thinking that these age pills will work on children as well. I've also got a mod that came from Lover's Lab (the guys who host the RimJobWorld mod) that will allow any pawns that go into it to age X amount of time, might have to try that one out as well.

I also downloaded to mod Expanded Diseases and it's required base mod. Seems like I only need to make 4 small adjustments for it to play nice with RBSE.

All of those, combined with my updated version of Cold Desert Nights for B18, and the updated TropiCKAPP mod, I am reaaallllyy looking forward to this next play through. It's going to be AWESOME! Also with the new Blood Cults beta stuff, YEEEESSSSS!!! ;D I'm one happy camper!

Really though, the only thing that is still bugging me which I can't address is this Zombieland bug. Not trying to be a nuisance to the OP or anything, but if I could only have this one last thing fixed, then as far as I can tell all of my issues from my mod list will have been resolved!

Dark_Author

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 10, 2018, 01:06:34 PM
I've also got a mod that came from Lover's Lab (the guys who host the RimJobWorld mod) that will allow any pawns that go into it to age X amount of time, might have to try that one out as well.

What mod is it?  I checked their mods tagged Rimworld and only found the Rimjob World mod.

Kori

Harry I tried the school mod with CaP and got a lot of errors, but maybe this is because I tried to add it to an existing colony. When I tested it with a new colony it seemed to be fine. Maybe you should activate devmode for the first couple of hours to see if there are any problems, just to be safe.

Isn't the Leadership mod outdated and had a few issues that never got fixed?

Cold Desert Nights for B18 sounds interesting, did you update it yourself? Would you like to share it? :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Dark_Author on February 10, 2018, 02:22:30 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 10, 2018, 01:06:34 PM
I've also got a mod that came from Lover's Lab (the guys who host the RimJobWorld mod) that will allow any pawns that go into it to age X amount of time, might have to try that one out as well.

What mod is it?  I checked their mods tagged Rimworld and only found the Rimjob World mod.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4633-rimworld-b18-rimjobworld-160/?do=download

It's on the thread for RimJobWorld, it's called [B18] Age Morphosis Cells

Quote from: Kori on February 10, 2018, 03:01:45 PM
Harry I tried the school mod with CaP and got a lot of errors, but maybe this is because I tried to add it to an existing colony. When I tested it with a new colony it seemed to be fine. Maybe you should activate devmode for the first couple of hours to see if there are any problems, just to be safe.

Isn't the Leadership mod outdated and had a few issues that never got fixed?

Cold Desert Nights for B18 sounds interesting, did you update it yourself? Would you like to share it? :)

Remember that you have to get the newest version of Children, School, and Learning for there not to be issues, not sure if you use Steam or not. Also, I won't be applying this to any ongoing saves, as I'm deep in the middle of a RimWorld modding binge. I'm more addicted to just tinkering with the mods and updating them all more than I am actually playing the game! ::) I haven't had a proper game for almost two months now, so I cannot confirm if it only works in new saves or not.

Also, the Leadership mod you can grab from the HardcoreSK modpack. The only thing you will need to do is delete any of the entries for "Plastic". This is because they have the ballot box in the mod set up to be able to take plastic from the base HCSK mod.

Also, about Cold Desert Nights. Holy crap, go look it up on Steam, right away. This mod will blow your socks off as far as weather is concerned, it is seriously all I could ever hope for as far as a weather/climate mod is concerned. Want to have your deserts be freezing at night, but blistering in the day? Done. Want to change the chances for every type of weather condition, and have them individualized for each type of biome? Done. Want to have mild summers, but ungodly cold winters? Done. Want the weather to be able to rain literally non-stop without having a forced break by the game? Done. Want to have your deserts be cold in the day and warm at night? I think you can "Done." this one as well, but I haven't tried playing with negative values.

All the credit for updating it goes to Mehni and Jecrell. I somehow managed to bug the two of them into fixing it for me.

Anyway, I've been thinking about putting up my mod page for awhile now, I guess I have some things I can post on it. I might have it up later tonight. If you want the B18 copy of Cold Desert Nights before then (which I absolutely recommend it, no questions asked, I guaran-freaking-tee you will love it, especially since it seems like we have a lot of the same taste in mods ;) ) then you can message me on Discord and I'll send you a copy. Link is in my signature. In fact, I'm sure there's some ways you could help me out, too, and I will be more than willing to return the favor.

Kori

Yes I use Steam, the mod should be up to date.
Cold Desert Nights sounds great! I wont be playing anymore today, so when you add it to your mod page later that would be sufficient. :)

Harry_Dicks

Ahh you definitely beat me back before I could edit the post. I meant to edit my post to say that it should be up in the next few *days  ::)

Dark_Author

For those using this with Children, School and Learning:

Does the force-give birth dev tool not work?  I have the correct load order (according to the CSL mod page), but when I use this tool the 'baby' was born at 14.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Dark_Author on February 10, 2018, 06:46:48 PM
For those using this with Children, School and Learning:

Does the force-give birth dev tool not work?  I have the correct load order (according to the CSL mod page), but when I use this tool the 'baby' was born at 14.

I had a weird issue where I thought I had changed the age to 0, but then it got reset back to 14. Either way, after making sure it was 0, and going back to the main menu, then back again to check it one more time, everything seems to be working on my end so far. I'll post my mod list for you as well. Also make sure you are using the latest version of Children, School and Learning.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dark_Author

I cannot seem to figure out how to set the age to 0 properly.  Could you help me out with that?  What file do I need to change?  Ive been all through the CSL mods files.