[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shigemi

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 07, 2018, 04:45:58 AM
how complete is it at this point?

From my experience it's fully playable if you are in an area with mild weather and are not solely reliant on clothing for temperature control. Babies and toddlers still don't have clothing so hypothermia and heatstroke are deadly. Other than that nothing really seems broken.

Harry_Dicks

If you read the past few pages, there are some issues regarding compatibility with other mods. This mod changes something to do with pawn renderings and the lifestages so that means some things from the Rim of Madness mod are rendered improperly as well as zombies from Zombieland. I'm sure some other things, but I haven't found out yet because I haven't done any tests myself.

I really hope these could get worked out at some point in the near future. Because this mod along with Children, School, and Learning looks like it would be quite interesting for a longer term colony play through.

Vane

The idea for this mod is fantastic however I'm guessing it conflicts with another one I'm using as when I load the game with this mod enabled it only displays one person in my "Work" tab at a time, and only have the boxes are shown

Tenshi~Akari

Vane

Harry_Dicks

FYI you can get your modlist from ModsConfig.xml located inside this folder:

C:\Users\Harrison\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config

Vane

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 13, 2018, 03:03:13 PM
FYI you can get your modlist from ModsConfig.xml located inside this folder:

C:\Users\Harrison\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config

That would've been a lot easier

Tenshi~Akari

You might want to make sure all of your mods are up-to-date... I'm seeing a some of those in these screenshots, not just the red ones, that have had a few updates since the version numbers pictured (Static Quality Plus, Stack XXL official, Wild Animal Sex). That's probably one issue leading up to weird bugs like that. Be sure all your mods are at their most current workable version, especially Hugs Library. Simple Sidearms also has B18 updates where it shouldn't be red listed like that. After that's done, if updating them hasn't changed the issue, you might want to experiment with your mod order a bit, seeing if moving C&P somewhere higher in the list changes anything.

Also, I see you have the Giddy Up! mod series... I've had some issues a while ago with Giddy Up! and Children & Pregnancy before, visual pawn glitches with riding pawns having their graphics rendered in random places on the map besides where there name position is, especially when knocked off their mount. It could be possible there's a conflict on that part... I just never really noticed any UI issues, though, and haven't tried it since a few updates ago. That also could be a possibility.

Shigemi

Quote from: Vane on March 13, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
The idea for this mod is fantastic however I'm guessing it conflicts with another one I'm using as when I load the game with this mod enabled it only displays one person in my "Work" tab at a time, and only have the boxes are shown
I was having this exact issue when adding Children School and Learning before the creator updated that mod to be compatible with this one. It's almost definitely a conflict with another mod, specifically one that adds a new "work type" rather than a problem with this mod on it's own. Also the conflict only effected existing saves and did not cause a problem in new ones, so you can try that if you're not attached to your current colony.

I know this probably isn't very helpful information but it's better to know than not know. *shrug*

krakenwagen

One of my colonists is pregnant twice? In her torso and whole body. Fix?

Kori

Quote from: krakenwagen on March 15, 2018, 08:39:04 PM

Twins maybe?
Do they have the same pregnancy stage?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: krakenwagen on March 15, 2018, 08:39:04 PM
Maybe she should stop being such a filthy slut. Tell her to keep her legs closed. :P

Vane

Quote from: Shigemi on March 14, 2018, 12:24:39 PM
Quote from: Vane on March 13, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
I was having this exact issue when adding Children School and Learning before the creator updated that mod to be compatible with this one. It's almost definitely a conflict with another mod, specifically one that adds a new "work type" rather than a problem with this mod on it's own. Also the conflict only effected existing saves and did not cause a problem in new ones, so you can try that if you're not attached to your current colony.

I know this probably isn't very helpful information but it's better to know than not know. *shrug*

I've started a new game and disabled my Simple Slavery mod, everything appears to be working perfectly now, unsure which one was the issue though

KozmoD

How playable is it in B18 ? Does it conflict with Simple Slavery ? Im really looking foward to update my game, but without this mod, it feels so empty.

sidfu

Quote from: KozmoD on March 20, 2018, 01:02:46 PM
How playable is it in B18 ? Does it conflict with Simple Slavery ? Im really looking foward to update my game, but without this mod, it feels so empty.

should work fine with slavery. just remember toddler and babies cant equiip items