[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grillbye

I found the "Contraceptive" using the DevMode ! I guess everything is in place now, I can't thank you enough. Even though I solved the problem with the easy way, you still helped a lot. :D
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Shankavich

The download link is not working for me anymore.

crustymonkey

Looks like Thirite took down his github page for one reason or another? If I had to guess, he deleted his github account since Github's been acquired by Microsoft. He's particular about where he uploads his mods. He never did upload his stuff to steam, for example. This is just speculation on my part though. My fork of his mod is still up on github. (adds very basic clothing for toddlers, might have a few bugs)
https://github.com/crustmonkey/ChildrenAndPregnancy
and there are forks made by others as well.
Hopefully he uploads his stuff somewhere else.

Rocket_Raccoon

Well, he has also last been online here on 28th of march. Hope he is fine and return soon :/

Tridentviper

How to breastfeed? My colonists feed the baby with roasted meat. The mother is still lactating. I have WM smart food mod if it matters.

Kori

Quote from: Tridentviper on June 11, 2018, 08:47:32 AM
How to breastfeed? My colonists feed the baby with roasted meat. The mother is still lactating. I have WM smart food mod if it matters.

Mothers usually do it on their own, but right clicking the baby should give you two options for feeding, one of them is breastfeeding.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Tridentviper on June 11, 2018, 08:47:32 AM

You can either avoid this interference from other colonists wanting to feed the baby full meals in 2 ways:

1. Turn the Childcare work priority down or off for other colonists besides the mother. (If you actually have Fluffy's Work Tab, you can CTRL + Click the title to expand it & actually disable the "feeding baby" work priority for those colonists altogether)

2. Under the Baby's Food Tab in WM Smarter Food Selection, select "No Food" for them. This will actually limit the only option to feed them to breastfeeding period.

I use the 2nd way solely now as it's the most effective way for those who don't have Work Tabs, too. The 1st way will work, but only if you can prioritize the jobs to the extent Work Tabs can, because setting the Childcare priority to 1 completely for the mother with the Vanilla Work Priorities only would leave you with her CONSTANTLY bugging the baby as well, regardless of full Joy needs or not, and also at times having the chance of her deciding a meal is more worth feeding to the kid over breastfeeding.

Part of me wishes, though, there was a way other colonists could still be limited to feeding babies liquid food products via Smarter Food Selection in the case the mother is not around, but the way RW classifies its foods, it doesn't exactly allow for that flexibility to be added via a custom food policy.  :-\

metky

Anyone know where I can download an A16 version of this mod?

Grillbye

Probably there WAS the many many versions of the mod on GitHub, bur since Thirite deleted it,  I have no idea where you could find it, unless you use a Steam Rimworld, which in case I suppose, you can find the versions on the Workshop... @metky
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Thirite

Crap, sorry guys. It only occurred to me today that I broke my download links. I'll fix them with the new gitlab URLs.

Edit: Wanted to apologize for my radio silence by the way. Nothing unusual, just incredibly busy irl. Started making my own simple game as well, that took up all my free time. I haven't been up to date with RW modding for a while but I'll try to dive back in after I finish my aforementioned project which shouldn't be too long.

Tenshi~Akari

Nice! Good luck on that game!  As long as all is well, I know I can hang tight till then. ;D

Kirby23590

Good luck in your game Thirite! :)

By the way what engine is your game is using?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Kori

NagashUD

Thirite

@crustymonkey
Hey, that sounds great. I will have to take a look at the toddler clothing you've made. Definitely one of the features that was a priority to have next.

@Tenshi~Akari
I've never straight up abandoned a project but it's not uncommon for me to put them on hold for long periods. I'm sure I'll have it more or less complete sometime in the future.

@Kirby23590
It uses Love2D, but through virtual machine called LIKO-12. You can Google that if you're interested, it's kind of strange-- supposed to emulate how old game developers did things. The game itself is just a NES style arcade fishing game with a penguin protagonist. It's rather light-hearted. Probably should keep discussion around the mod here though; might make an off topic thread about it though.