[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

WyteKnight

Yeah, there is some bugs with the 1.0, like unhappy nudity and claustrophobia for childrens. Oh and they lost their child skin too, they now have the same skin than the adult pawns, but smaller. It's kind of weird.
Nothing too gamebreaker, didn't experience the full B19 version on 1.0, but yeah, it works atm.

Onasaki

Quote from: WyteKnight on October 18, 2018, 12:33:50 AM
Yeah, there is some bugs with the 1.0, like unhappy nudity and claustrophobia for childrens. Oh and they lost their child skin too, they now have the same skin than the adult pawns, but smaller. It's kind of weird.
Nothing too gamebreaker, didn't experience the full B19 version on 1.0, but yeah, it works atm.

Hey, um, dude, children IRL can be claustrophobic and hate being naked. Those aren't bugs, those are features. :P

The pawn graphics though, will likely need some work too. I wish the original poster of this mod would come back... T_T But I also know Jarry is doing his best. Keep it up, man!
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

WyteKnight

Quote from: Onasaki on October 18, 2018, 11:13:25 AM
Quote from: WyteKnight on October 18, 2018, 12:33:50 AM

Hey, um, dude, children IRL can be claustrophobic and hate being naked. Those aren't bugs, those are features. :P

The pawn graphics though, will likely need some work too. I wish the original poster of this mod would come back... T_T But I also know Jarry is doing his best. Keep it up, man!

Yeah, but not when then just had less than 1 year :p
Before I update Rimworld to 1.0 they didn't had claustrophobia or unhappy nudity, so yeah, I think it's a bug. They can't even walk, so I can't give them clothes :p

So sad some good mods like this are just abandonned, it's very cool someone keep them updated tho.

Anatares

Quote from: PhantomFav on October 10, 2018, 10:06:03 AM
Here the only major (and almost lethal) problem with this mod after 19.0.

As you can see in the picture, after less than 10 days of life, all the jellybeans start to cry irreparably. The only possibile kinds of recreations are the social interactions and the television, so they get bored easily. The only other possible way is the chemical consumption; but I don't have to explain why this method is not recommendable...

So, unless the recreation system is abolished or revisited for babies, you will have at least 2 rim-years of deafening unstoppable cries.

There's a mod called Misc. Training that I've used before to give the babies a way to bleed off aggression with the martial arts dummy XD It provided joy for them in another way that I found useful, plus it doesn't require manipulation for a crawling toddler to punch a practice dummy. Maybe it would help in this case (with the gaming (dexterity) joy aspect as that's what I believe it increases?).

Also yeah, some toddler-specific joy objects would be enjoyable to see. A stuffed plush made at the tailoring table or just some wooden blocks made at a crafting spot would do it. The only problem I can see with implementing it is the fact that manipulation is disabled for so long, and seems to be required by most other joy types. Perhaps making it so they can have at least 10% manipulation when they get to the walking stage would help, but jobs that would be unreasonable for a toddler to do still disabled? Or, just make it so the toys don't require manipulation to interact with. The other part of this is whether you can make it so only babies can play with the toys, instead of your fully adult pawns (unless it's something they can do as part of the childcare job type? That'd be pretty adorable lmao).

I have no expectations or demands, I'm just spitballing ideas here. I'm also still on B18 because I love my current game I've got going (I make myself in EdB Prepare Carefully, and 'I' was struck almost directly on by lightning in this one, survived, and then gave birth a day later while suffering from a major infection. That's pretty rad), just wanted to check in on this mod and see how things are going.

R34P3R1337

So would it be safe to assume that this mod is dead? It hasn't even been updated since B18, is a 1.0 release unlikely to happen?

Daruny

I was lurking and found this.

https://gitlab.com/jarry1250/ChildrenAndPregnancy

I didn't make it, I do not own it, I didn't even participate in this, I just share what I found for those that don't have the time to lurk moar.

publicuser

Children, School and Learning Mod has updated for 1.0

Bolty

I remember a while back Thirite did say he was probably going to come back to update the mod to 1.0 when it is released, but obviously so far nothing. However since his last visit to the forum was back in early July, I think its safe to assume he's not coming back for a while.

It is sad to see great mods like this one abandoned but hopefully someone else will take over it. I know Jarry updated it to B19, so perhaps he's working on 1.0 too. I'd give it a go if I knew modding and coding lol

Kirby23590

Thirite said he was working in a game or something, so probably it will take a long while for the guy to return back to playing & modding Rimworld... :(

I hope Jarry is still around, making it compatible for 1.0 Release...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Ruisuki

wow didnt realize hed been gone that long. damn. Well at least ill try the b19 then. I might have missed out on OHU by starting a b19 save but at least i can try this

Ruisuki

does anyone have trouble finding women with decent skills under 40 years old? In all of my games its only males that are worth recruiting (high passions) stat wise i found young females lacking. Not sure if bad rng or what but i imagine this will make it hard to have children

WyteKnight

The B19 version works well, except some minor bugs, in 1.0. It's not because a mod is in red on the mod manager that's is going to crash or anything.

Psyckosama

Quote from: WyteKnight on October 24, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
The B19 version works well, except some minor bugs, in 1.0. It's not because a mod is in red on the mod manager that's is going to crash or anything.

What kind of bugs?

R34P3R1337

Quote from: Psyckosama on October 24, 2018, 07:30:20 PMWhat kind of bugs?

From what i've seen just graphical ones, The Children show up as normal adult pawns instead of the baby ones.