[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyteKnight

Quote from: Psyckosama on October 24, 2018, 07:30:20 PM
Quote from: WyteKnight on October 24, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
The B19 version works well, except some minor bugs, in 1.0. It's not because a mod is in red on the mod manager that's is going to crash or anything.

What kind of bugs?

The childs get the adult skin.
The childs, when they cannot walk, had the claustrophobia & unhappy nudity bad mood. They can't mental break tho, because they can't get off bed. When they are 2yo, you can give them clothes and make them wandering outside, so it's cool.
Sometimes, when a 13-18 yo is attribued to Childcare, he is stuck on a infinite "playing with baby" loop.

Aaand that's all. Nothing gamebreaker at all.

Cheran II

I have compiled a new assembly.dll for version 1.0 of this mod. It's in the attachment. You have to change the version number in the about.xml yourself to 1.0.0 because that's just a quick and dirty work, I want to know if it works not only for me. Didn't changed anything in the code, not even updating the recommended obsolete bits (those where almost all related to translation issues, so translation errors might happen).
But like I said, it works for me, with only HugsLib as another activated mod. The dev log didn't throw errors, but I have only my system as test platform.

EDIT: first download Jarry's fork of the mod here: https://gitlab.com/jarry1250/ChildrenAndPregnancy (which is also the B19 Version), then replace the .dll in ChildrenAndPregnancy\Assemblies and change the version number in about.xml...

or...

download the mod with all changes here: https://gitlab.com/Cheran/ChildrenAndPregnancy

[attachment deleted due to age]

Clipdipzip

Can anyone verify that the attachment above is legit?

Cheran II

Quote from: Clipdipzip on October 25, 2018, 09:59:13 PM
Can anyone verify that the attachment above is legit?

Thanks for that question. Would have been nice if one of those who downloaded it had left a comment.

To clear all doubts of legitimacy I've created a gitlab account where you even can see my real name (don't know how to change that).

Link to my fork of Children and Pregnancy: https://gitlab.com/Cheran/ChildrenAndPregnancy

Cheran II

Quote from: s3gur0 on October 26, 2018, 03:38:56 AM
lots of errors https://git.io/fxSLK

Sorry, I should have add that you have to download Jarry's fork of the mod (https://gitlab.com/jarry1250/ChildrenAndPregnancy) and then replace that .dll with mine. My fault. Will edit my post accordingly.

But now, you can download all in one from my fork of the mod with all changes Jarry made. Link above.

Psyckosama

Okay, how exactly do you install the mod off of gitlab?

Cheran II

Quote from: Psyckosama on October 26, 2018, 07:07:42 PM
Okay, how exactly do you install the mod off of gitlab?

Just like any other mod on gitlab or github.

Chromia.

yeah, i have problems with the mod too, as all children born in my colony are all adults when they should be like the small disgusting helpless beans

Cheran II

Quote from: Chromia. on October 27, 2018, 02:36:01 PM
yeah, i have problems with the mod too, as all children born in my colony are all adults when they should be like the small disgusting helpless beans

Sorry, I can't do anything without a log file.

Quadwin

are you using the children school and learning mod? if yes then check the options and change the age of newborn children. and maybe try to fiddle with the load order.

Chromia.

Quote from: Cheran II on October 27, 2018, 03:42:32 PM

Sorry, I can't do anything without a log file.
Quote from: Quadwin on October 27, 2018, 04:15:08 PM

are you using the children school and learning mod? if yes then check the options and change the age of newborn children. and maybe try to fiddle with the load order.
hey there! sorry for linking to the log file late. I completely forgot that it is needed to be presented to get the needed help.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/5aceade65ec3769b3242e72cae53b06b

so I just got back to the Rimworld save I have, and now, the skin has reverted to its baby skin that it should. but, now like, while the baby can't do anything at all, it can immediately walk around the colony and don't seem to be stuck on the crib at all. Plus, said baby is born with wake-up addiction. I have no idea what is up with that at all.

and no, I don't have children school and learning mod installed, as I had avoided that mod because i didn't like the unrealism with how babies are born like they're older. Is it possible to get these two mods working, i wonder?

kiesu

Quote from: Cheran II on October 25, 2018, 03:51:04 PMdownload the mod with all changes here: https://gitlab.com/Cheran/ChildrenAndPregnancy
Works great so far! Thank you so much, I missed this!

Quote from: Chromia. on October 27, 2018, 09:31:13 PMand no, I don't have children school and learning mod installed, as I had avoided that mod because i didn't like the unrealism with how babies are born like they're older. Is it possible to get these two mods working, i wonder?
I would like to know if there is some gimmik to get these two play nice together too. I remember trying in some older RW version but never got them working together properly in previous versions.

Cheran II

@Chromia

The log file looks fine, no errors - even if I'm wondering why the mod's version is listed as B19, but there is the point my knowledge of coding stops.

As with the baby wandering around: It sounds it's missing their "baby" hediff. If you enable the dev mode, you can check this in the health tab. Click on the red X for "Dev:AllDiffs" and check if they have a "whole body - child growing (baby)" entry. That hediff should unable them to move.
You can manually apply it to them with the debug action menu -> add hediff... -> select child growing -> click on pawn -> select (no body part).
Hopefully they have their "baby" backstory which unable them to do any labor, but you can uncheck it in the work tab, of course.

With the wake-up addiction, I guess they took some unnoticed or the mother has an addiction (once I had a junkie mom with multiple addictions. The baby was born with plague). Or the game decided it was fun. I don't know. You can remove that with the dev tools, too, if you want.
Select "remove hediff..." in the debug action menu, click on the pawn and select the corresponding entry.

Those bugs happened because - I guess - the update was brought in too late to effect the pawns. But the above procedure should fix that.

@kiesu
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, my coding skills are too low to do any compatibility patching or the like. We all have to wait until Thirite returns or someone with more skill might join the project.
I remember there was a mod (Colony Leadership by Nandonalt) where you can create a school system for all pawns, with schedules and all. I used it before and ignored the leadership part of it. Unfortunately Nandonalt abandoned it, but [TruE] Captain Staky on Steam seems to took it over. Don't know if both mods would play nice together now.

brotherthree

Quote from: Cheran II on October 25, 2018, 03:51:04 PM
download the mod with all changes here: https://gitlab.com/Cheran/ChildrenAndPregnancy

Huuuge thanks for putting all this together.
This mod is so well done, without it the game just is not the same.

As far as the version itself, have used it pretty extensively so far with no major issues to report.
Will update here if I do.