[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

I think if you have a lot of wood, you make campfire indoors to stop the hypothermia from building up, if you have trees nearby, though i'm not sure if you have a cold snap you're settling in a cold biome...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

sidfu

hypothermia stops when they at 32f or was it when the4y higher then thier min conf temp but think it only goes down thou if they in a hotter than 32f room.

Lexa

So i just cant put clothes on my kid until hes old enough to move on his own? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, single solar flare during cold snap/heatwave and rip kiddo. :(

Thirite

I could definitely make it a childcare job to dress babies, wouldn't be difficult at all. I recently added a job for childcarers to bring toddlers back to their crib at late hours (which doubles as a job for "move newborn from hospital to crib" and I'm planning to expand upon/improve a bit) and I'm also going to add a job for childcarers to bring food to babies so you don't have babies crawling across the entire colony to the fridge at 1km/h loudly crying the whole way. I've been spending time actually playing my mod to get a feel of what could be improved mechanically but I do appreciate feedback because I'm undoubtedly going to miss things.

bonebaby

Anyway you could tie the "bring baby to bed" action to the childs set restriction hours instead of a hard coded value?

-BB

Thirite

Yeah, I was planning on that, the current code is just a quick and dirty solution before making a better one.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Lexa on February 14, 2019, 11:33:14 AM
So i just cant put clothes on my kid until hes old enough to move on his own? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, single solar flare during cold snap/heatwave and rip kiddo. :(

Hey don't forget about Indoor Campfires though, it's simple... But yeah it kinda sucks in Heatwaves without power, but you still have something called Passive Coolers which also costs wood from the Campfires.

But still... We need diapers or Toddler Clothing for em' :(

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

christian.lemadec

I just got this mod and it's pretty good as far as incorporating children, however I encountered a problem where my first colonist got pregnant and then she started having contractions but it seemed to go away, leaving her with two hediffs: "Giving Birth" and "Lactating". This seems normal, but she's been giving birth for a season now and recently the "Pregnant - Early stage" hediff appeared again. I don't think biology works like that so does anyone know what to do?

Forest1395101

Yo, new hear, and thought this mod looked really cool. Does anyone know what would cause such load errors? I tried disabling all other mods, and this is what I got... If anyone who understands this could look at this it would be appreciated.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Thirite

All of those yellow warning are because lazy modders haven't properly updated their Abour.xmls to the new versioning standard. If there's an error there I'd need to see the file log, not just a screenshot.

Forest1395101

LOL, the whole log file is to long to post here. Thanks though.

I do have to ask though, I disabled every other mod, and this error still happened. Is that normal?

cjames2011

Hey, I'm having a bug where my pawns don't get pregnant naturally, even with the always get pregnant tester on. I made them pregnant through the operating table (I have children school and learning), but then the children were born at age 14. The baby crib is showing up.

Is there any clue as to why this is happening? Any mode that could be causing the breakdown? I've used C&P and CS&L together before without issue.

sidfu

Quote from: cjames2011 on February 18, 2019, 08:05:43 PM
Hey, I'm having a bug where my pawns don't get pregnant naturally, even with the always get pregnant tester on. I made them pregnant through the operating table (I have children school and learning), but then the children were born at age 14. The baby crib is showing up.

Is there any clue as to why this is happening? Any mode that could be causing the breakdown? I've used C&P and CS&L together before without issue.

u anwsered your own question. u have 2 differnt mods for preg installed use one or other not both. u just doublign down on 2 similar mods

cjames2011

Quoteu anwsered your own question. u have 2 differnt mods for preg installed use one or other not both. u just doublign down on 2 similar mods

I know they're similar mods but as I said, I have used them before at the same time without issue. So either it's a new incompatibility between them or another mod is causing the issue, (birds&bees?).

Also C&P is listed as compatible with CS&L so if that has changed then the authors need to know so they can update the descriptions.

zitiache

Hey, I got the game recently and downloaded the mod, and I've been enjoying it. A few issues though:
-Someone else already mentioned adults dressing the babies, so I'll second that
-once babies start to crawl, they can't be fed by adults, they have to crawl themselves to my freezer to eat. And if they're hungry at night, caretakers will constantly pick them up and return them to their crib
-Also, this is probably intentional, but I may as well mention it: One of the moms is incapable of childcare, so she is unable to breastfeed.