[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbmaian

Minor update: I have family visiting for a while, so progress has been practically non-existent. Hope to pick this back up soonish.

edit: To be clear, don't expect much for the next few weeks.

Ruisuki

Kori

Quote from: lbmaian on September 10, 2019, 07:28:36 PM
Minor update: I have family visiting for a while, so progress has been practically non-existent. Hope to pick this back up soonish.

Enjoy the time with your family!

Kirby23590

Quote from: Ruisuki on September 11, 2019, 01:36:37 AM
i wish babies lowered colony wealth!

Well you're increasing your population on your colony, so that means (un)friendly visits from uncle pirate and auntie raider and mad dad wanting to see their niece/nephew or grandchild while burning down your colony including a visit from every kids favorite barney the friendly scyther bringing it's magical friends like inferno the burning centipede and lance the long-range lancer and the entire happy dandy mechanoid gang!

It's just all drama to Randy... lol... :P

Though in a serious note, i don't know since they are babies, they have lower wealth until they finally grow up into adults.

Quote from: lbmaian on September 10, 2019, 07:28:36 PM

Good luck with your family lbmaian! It's nice to visit your relatives and have dinner with them with some pep talk with 'em!

Hope you enjoy your time with your relatives and your family!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Tocato

guys are alien races compatible with this/can have children with humans or other alien races? I know ibmanian is working on a fork to the mod but as it is now is crossbreeding a thing? Looking to add Kijins as a female race since all i get in my games are female colonists in their 50s or every now and then ones with bad stats

RikuOrihara

No. You need to use the Steam version + Alien support for the Steam version.
But with Steam Version, you must use Children, School and Pregnancys or Rimjobworld (which is a Adult mod, with woohoo and bad things) for pregnancys. The Mod itself don't have it, for compatibility with the other 2 Mods.

But Astoriel and Asari (I dont have Kijin, but a few other Alien races) can appear as Children.

Kori

Quote from: RikuOrihara on September 14, 2019, 02:24:02 AM
No. You need to use the Steam version + Alien support for the Steam version.

You will have to search for "Baby and Children", that's the name of the mod you need.

Tocato

Kori

Quote from: Tocato on September 14, 2019, 08:59:12 AM
Oh so its baby and children or this one?

Baby and Children when playing with alien races

Tocato

Quote from: Kori on September 17, 2019, 04:14:24 PM

Can baby and children+alien races framework+children and pregnancy all be used simultaneously?

sidfu

Quote from: Tocato on September 18, 2019, 05:22:09 AM

Can baby and children+alien races framework+children and pregnancy all be used simultaneously?

nope both BnC and CnP will fight on who takes over the growth of the child

Kori

BnC is a fork of CnP, so they are more or less the same thing, aside from some features like alien support for BnC.

Tocato

Quote from: Kori on September 18, 2019, 03:38:34 PM

BnC is a fork of CnP, so they are more or less the same thing, aside from some features like alien support for BnC.
ohhhhhhh i see. thats cool i didnt know that. I do wonder whether it will have any negative impact for me to remove Children and Pregnancy and add Baby and Children in an existing game?

Now i remember why i didnt wanna use it before, BnC removes pregnancy from its fork version and if you want to keep pregnancy as you guys said you have to install children school and learning. And its children school and learning that makes kids be born at 15 years old and Im not a fan of that at all. Dont get me wrong I do think Children and Pregnancy should in the future add more functionality to toddlers so they can be at least somewhat productive, like interactions with parents to encourage skills or something because the 2 year survival point is rough, but I dont wanna do away with the childhood aspect entirely. As much as I'd like to have cross breeding xeno babies...

RikuOrihara

As i said, if you want Xeno Babys, you have to add "Rimjobworld" to BnC. That comes with Babys like CnP. But it also comes with not under 18 content, like the name says. Xeno babys works perfectly. Had a few <3 But i wish CnP will get a proper update soon, i want to use it instead.

Hjkma

Quote from: Tocato on September 19, 2019, 12:17:02 AMohhhhhhh i see. thats cool i didnt know that. I do wonder whether it will have any negative impact for me to remove Children and Pregnancy and add Baby and Children in an existing game?

Now i remember why i didnt wanna use it before, BnC removes pregnancy from its fork version and if you want to keep pregnancy as you guys said you have to install children school and learning. And its children school and learning that makes kids be born at 15 years old and Im not a fan of that at all.
you can change the age of the newborn in the mod settings, so that you can get 0 year old children.